Page 12 of 93 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Hi I’m AD, I want out of NO because I don’t think they are competent enough to build a winner or make good decisions. I would like to go the Knicks or Lakers. Especially after seeing how much success Lebron had there.”
    S bag wanted out of the winningest franchise of the past 2 decades, a team that was still top 2-3 when he last choose to play for them, to go to L.A. and look at the predicament both were in a year ago and one is still in. He also had no interest in joining a Raptors team that was clearly going to be a top 2-3 team . . . yet I don't remember him being questioned about wanting to win.

Davis supposedly wants to go to one of the 2 biggest markets for the same reasons most of these groupthink divas do: because they've been told by hangers on and talking heads that they should want to for basically their entire lives. That it would boost their brand/profile and somehow be more meaningful to win there.
    Last edited by TD 21; 06-10-2019 at 05:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S bag wanted out of the winningest franchise of the past 2 decades, a team that was still top 2-3 when he last choose to play for them, to go to L.A. and look at the predicament both were in a year ago and one is still in. He also had no interest in joining a Raptors team that was clearly going to be a top 2-3 team . . . yet I don't remember him being questioned about wanting to win.
    Agree but the Clippers have been run much better recently and Kawhi already has a le.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree but the Clippers have been run much better recently and Kawhi already has a le.
    They were not in a great spot 1-1.5 years ago when we first started hearing this and why should he be content with 1 (that was won as a role player)?

The reality is, most of these divas only really care about winning if they can do so on their terms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Davis supposedly wants to go to one of the 2 biggest markets for the same reasons most of these groupthink divas do: because they've been told by hangers on and talking heads that they should want to for basically their entire lives. That it would boost their brand/profile and somehow be more meaningful to win there.
    Davis isn't any more marketable than Kawhi. They both have the personality of a scarecrow.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should do what's best for the team, trade himself for a lottery pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that David Griffin in NOLA has given frame works to teams looking to trade for AD you have to wonder if there is any way to participate with a down stream portion of the deal to carve out an asset.
    Is there a world where:
    - AD goes to LAL
    - DDR + #6 (via Lonzo trade to PHX) + Kuz to NOLA
    - 4 and Caproom comes to SAS

I think technically AD would be going in to LAL’s space so SAS doesn’t have to take back salary, no? NOLA would meet goal of established player, pick, and young prospect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a world where:
    - AD goes to LAL
    - DDR + #6 (via Lonzo trade to PHX) + Kuz to NOLA
    - 4 and Caproom comes to SAS

I think technically AD would be going in to LAL’s space so SAS doesn’t have to take back salary, no? NOLA would meet goal of established player, pick, and young prospect.
    Hard to say...depends on what Griffin wants but if so I imagine we'd get #6 and NOLA gets #4

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to say...depends on what Griffin wants but if so I imagine we'd get #6 and NOLA gets #4
    How's the draft in the 4-6 range this year? Any blue chippers? I am only aware of Zion as a sure-shot star in the top 6. Haven't followed the draft much this year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's the draft in the 4-6 range this year? Any blue chippers? I am only aware of Zion as a sure-shot star in the top 6. Haven't followed the draft much this year
    I would think we would target Hunter or Reddish

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The KD Achilles tear could have a huge impact on the offseason. He could very well opt in on his option and read in the bay leaving teams who cleared cap space scrambling. It could inflate the market for DDR or Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The KD Achilles tear could have a huge impact on the offseason. He could very well opt in on his option and read in the bay leaving teams who cleared cap space scrambling. It could inflate the market for DDR or Aldridge.
    Those poor teams lol so many prepared to have cap space this offseason and honestly I could see most of main free agents staying where they are. I do think Kyrie leaves Boston and AD gets traded but the rest of the main Free agents I could see staying put

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those poor teams lol so many prepared to have cap space this offseason and honestly I could see most of main free agents staying where they are. I do think Kyrie leaves Boston and AD gets traded but the rest of the main Free agents I could see staying put
    Just means out of the bubble players like Vuc, Middleton, and Harris get max offers and Magic, Bucks and 76ers would have to consider letting them go. Also Walker and Klay will get max by many teams. And both teams would have to probably offer the 5th year to keep them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Knicks blow their cash on Jimmy Butler and Cousins.

Better trade a couple of Mavs picks for DDR instead.
    Last edited by BG_Spurs_Fan; 06-11-2019 at 09:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just blog speculating and throwing out there.

https://pelicandebrief.com/2019/06/1...ny-davis-deal/

Pelicans Rumors: Could Spurs get in on Anthony Davis deal?

Trading for Anthony Davis may be the organization’s next big gamble, but moving on from one of their stars is an option for the always ahead of the curve Spurs. They could potentially trade for Davis, or act as a third team benefiting by facilitating.

The Spurs could package at least two, if not all three, of Lonnie Walker IV (19), Dejounte Murray (22), and Derrick White (24) to New Orleans for Davis. Murray and White could develop into better players than any offered by LA or New York. All three players are between 20 and 24 years old.

These players could be re-routed to a third teams as well. This package would include future picks. Murray, Walker, and White could be dealt for first round picks later, should they prove redundant in the Pelicans’ lineup.

It is unlikely all three young guards are sent to the same team. The Spurs could use their young assets to find a third star for Aldridge and DeRozan. That third team to be named later would have a third wheel star on a contract the Pelicans refuse.

Gordon Hayward would fit the description, for an example from an interested party. So would a couple of guys from Portland. The NBA off-season could get really weird (imagine if DeRozan gets shipped back to Toronto).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just blog speculating and throwing out there.

https://pelicandebrief.com/2019/06/1...ny-davis-deal/

Pelicans Rumors: Could Spurs get in on Anthony Davis deal?
    Spurs should at least ask about AD, but they should package one of Aldridge or DeRozan with both draft picks and one of the young guards or Bertans. Trading all 3 would be stupid

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should at least ask about AD, but they should package one of Aldridge or DeRozan with both draft picks and one of the young guards or Bertans. Trading all 3 would be stupid
    I agree, we should definitely put in an offer. I'd give Griffin his choice of DDR or LMA + any one of our young guards + #19 + either #29 or our #1 in 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've gotta get Chad Forcier back. He helped develop players real well.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point. On the other hand, it means some team is going to overpay Bojan Bogdanovic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point. On the other hand, it means some team is going to overpay Bojan Bogdanovic.
    Very true

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So long as it's not us...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ironic that the top two FAs this summer are both damaged goods.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So long as it's not us...
    Amen to that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah if he opts in that is going to screw GS they pretty much paying him 31 million to rehab for one year. Which if I was him I would do that and then hit free market and sign max deal with another team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah if he opts in that is going to screw GS they pretty much paying him 31 million to rehab for one year. Which if I was him I would do that and then hit free market and sign max deal with another team.
    There will be teams willing to pay him to rehab just to get him under multi-year contract. I think the only team this knocks out are the LAL. They are way too invested in "win now".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I were him I'd put pressure through the media on gs to offer me the full 5 year max because I put it all kn the line for my team. I think the fans would put pressure on them to do that. Make gs look bad if they don't offer and kill their cap space and luxury payments of they do.

Thread Information