Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs, if my math is correct, have a path to having some cap space. Basically, it would be letting go of all players that are going to be FA (including Rudy), picking up all the options (White, Murray & Jakob) and then trading Mills with no salary back.

If they did that, they would have about 15M in cap space I believe. Losing Mills shouldn’t be an issue with Lonnie/Murray in the fold and they would have 15M (in addition to being able to keep their 2 first round picks on the books) to replace Rudy.

So it would be this years team less Mills & Rudy, but adding Lonnie, Murray, 2 first round picks and a player for 15M APY.
    There is no one we can sign at 15 mil that can even equal to Mills and Rudy's production, even if they are playing so bad right now..

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont sign gay
    Trade mills for a 2nd round pick, i dont care
    Trade Derozan
    Trade Aldridge

With this we are pretty much getting rid of 3 of our best players. Well, rudy can be number 3 or number 10 tbh. But anyways, all 3 of those guys can have great games, but when it matters most they all turn into a giant pile of . I dont even care if we get anything special for those 2 chokers, i just want them away from this team. Id rather tank then be 8th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like I said this team needs to make some trades. Ideally you can move one of these players (Mills) to move up in the draft (or don't move up, just get rid of his cap space), waive Gay's birds rights and sign 1-2 good role players in free agency. Tell Gay he won't get more than 5 million per year, 11 is too much for somebody who can't even come off the bench in a playoff series.

Bertans and Belinelli are on good 1 year deals, so they could bring in some nice pieces in a trade as well. Teams always need shooters.

In a dream scenario you also somehow trade DeRozan to an idiot GM who's willing to take him and give you something good back. Likely not happening though
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 04-21-2019 at 06:46 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will play it safe. They'll resign Gay for 3 years and 8 mil per. They'll add a center for the min. They'll use their MLE on defending PF like Macrus Morris. They will trade Bertans with SA pick to move up a few or trade Mills with SA 1st and get nothing in return.

I make love to pressure. CapitalEmm's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you all talking about, Gay about to get that 2-year $30M “loyalty” contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA needs to stay he is not the reason we are loosing as far as who we are loosing first would be Cunningham and Poindexter who will be replaced by our two first round picks. So that’s pretty easy now let’s see who they draft I am looking for the first pick to be a Center or SF and our second first pick to be a SF or PG.

Now comes the tricky part who will be on the trading block this summer?
    1. Mills his playing time will be cut in half with Murray coming back and White taking over.
    2. Forbes same as Mills though if we can trade Mills I’ll keep Forbes.
    3. Nikola not even on our team which is a shame but he was our first round pick so we should be able to use him and move 3 to 5 positions up in a draft trade.
    4. DEROZZ I like him as a person but damn does he remind me of my bi polar EX - For the right player or draft players I would trade him but it will have to be a trade were both parties are happy.
    5. Metu I haven’t seen anything from him maybe keep him but his salary is Lowe so could just release him.
    6. Gay has sucked but he brings an athletic experienced big man which are hard to find.
    Last edited by BackHome; 04-21-2019 at 10:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no one we can sign at 15 mil that can even equal to Mills and Rudy's production, even if they are playing so bad right now..
    Disagree big time. Lonnie + Murray replace Mills. 15M is really to replace Rudy which is more than doable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you trade Rudy you know you going to have to trade DEROZZ as they good friends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you trade Rudy you know you going to have to trade DEROZZ as they good friends.
    you don't have to trade Rudy, just don't resign him

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO will never do what they have to do, and that is trade Patty Mills for a top 59 protected 2nd round pick and just move on. Once DM comes back we’re set with guard rotation, Forbes and Lonnie should take Patty’s minutes.

If somehow it happens, Ariza, Caroll, Marcus Morris will all be free agents we can get on a contract that expires together with DDR. My priority would be Morris, and I don’t think Boston wants to bring him back that much with Hayward turning back into himself.

And for god’s sake draft a SF and a big, no more guards or stashes, there is plenty of room in the rosters now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus Morris would be a great addition. Champion ship level role player if you ask me and he'd bring some toughness to this team. They need that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans and Belinelli are on good 1 year deals, so they could bring in some nice pieces in a trade as well. Teams always need shooters.
    Sorry Drunkford, but I foresee that Marco will be worth what he was the last time he had one year left on his deal: jack .

Nobody wants him at his absurd salary, no smart team anyway. Smart teams know he's a minimum player you get on the buyout market. Only dumb teams like the Spurs think he's worth paying to have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry Drunkford, but I foresee that Marco will be worth what he was the last time he had one year left on his deal: jack .

Nobody wants him at his absurd salary, no smart team anyway. Smart teams know he's a minimum player you get on the buyout market. Only dumb teams like the Spurs think he's worth paying to have.
    Marcos money is not an issue. Mills? Sure. But Beli is definitely tradeable at his price no matter how bad he is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcos money is not an issue. Mills? Sure. But Beli is definitely tradeable at his price no matter how bad he is.
    Marco is a minimum player, maybe BAE. If anybody wants him they can just wait for him to be bought out like Finley was when the Spurs look rough next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco is a minimum player, maybe BAE. If anybody wants him they can just wait for him to be bought out like Finley was when the Spurs look rough next year.
    So either way he’s gone and his money isn’t an issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a great offseason for free agents again unless you have money. The only possible affordable free agent is Al-Farouq Aminu. He is in a good situation in Portland, so I don't know if he would take bench role for a lateral move to another team. I could see us trying to bring Danny Green back, but he seems to be enjoying his time in Toronto.

Walker is going to take Marco's minutes, and it will probably be another Gasol situation that Marco will get bought out to join a contender late next season.

Mills and Forbes will be back. Gay won't.

Bring over Milutinov with the BAE.

Poeltl/Milutinov/Metu
    Aldridge/Bertans/1st round pick
    DeRozan/Walker/1st round pick
    White/Forbes/Belinelli
    Murray/Mills/Some player that shouldn't be in the NBA or 2nd rounder

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    posted in the other 2019 offseason thread about what the spurs should do... go all in for kemba, sign aminu and mcgee.

CHA signs and trades kemba for demar, mills, forbes, and two draft picks. jordan doesn’t know . rip him rc.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs need to aggressively sell kemba on the fact that we’ve made the POs for the past 100 years. dude wants a winning environment.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirty, this roster will again be very small on the wings, all SFs are really SGs, and all SGs have PG size. For draft picks, we all know Pop doesn’t play them in year 1. This issue must be addressed if Spurs want to make postseason next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs need to aggressively sell kemba on the fact that we’ve made the POs for the past 100 years. dude wants a winning environment.
    We don't have the cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dante/Quincy/Marco and Mills need to give way to real basketball players, this roster had a lot of dead weight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dante/Quincy/Marco and Mills need to give way to real basketball players, this roster had a lot of dead weight
    This roster is flawed but Beli and Mills are actual basketball players.

The issue is they are catch and shoot guards.They can't create their own shot.Same as Bertans.You insert a 35 year old Manu and a 32 year old Boris to run the bench squad and suddenly Mills,Marco and Bertans are hitting 3s and are looking like elite role players.

You have Patty run point in the bench squad and people are running around like headless chickens for 23 seconds and shoot a 3 under pressure as the clock runs out.

The problem is PATFO paid role players that work wonderfully in the beautiful game system and didn't account for the floor generals that were the driving force behind the system declining cause of age and retiring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In order for us to bring on Kemba, we would need to move Dumbmar as well as one of Murray, White or Lonnie. We will never be able to retain all 4 beyond next season anyway. Then we also need to move Mills, who despite the hate on ST, has value when confined to his proper role. As far as the rotation is concerned that would leave us with Kemba, (2 of Murray/White/Lonnie), Forbes and Marco for next season. Then replace Marco the following season. Say goodbye to Gay, bring over Milutinov and concentrate on the 3/4 position in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This roster is flawed but Beli and Mills are actual basketball players.

The issue is they are catch and shoot guards.They can't create their own shot.Same as Bertans.You insert a 35 year old Manu and a 32 year old Boris to run the bench squad and suddenly Mills,Marco and Bertans are hitting 3s and are looking like elite role players.

You have Patty run point in the bench squad and people are running around like headless chickens for 23 seconds and shoot a 3 under pressure as the clock runs out.

The problem is PATFO paid role players that work wonderfully in the beautiful game system and didn't account for the floor generals that were the driving force behind the system declining cause of age and retiring.
    Goes without saying that Dante and Quincy will be gone. But we need to move Mills, too. I know, I know - Pop won't do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA and DD are both losers when it matters, they always have been and always will be.

Thread Information