Page 24 of 93 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a lot of work to do in free agency. With all the moves made and perceived value im surprised SA didn’t move around in draft. Having said that was not a lot of player for pick type trades and SA has players they need to move.

Said it elsewhere. Darius Miller is the best fit the Spurs can get on their budget. At least I hope he stays within their budget. Legit SF size, decent defender, and proved this year that he can knock down 3's. Character guy who would fit the team and PATFO.

Josh Perkins was totally underrated and underappreciated at PG for Zaga. The Spurs need a backup PG who is really a PG. He didn't get drafted, so he's basically no-risk now.

Milutinov as big man insurance.

That rounds out a fairly high floor roster. And they aren't going to be able to do enough in free agency to really raise the ceiling much. Not in the real world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Said it elsewhere. Darius Miller is the best fit the Spurs can get on their budget. At least I hope he stays within their budget. Legit SF size, decent defender, and proved this year that he can knock down 3's. Character guy who would fit the team and PATFO.

Josh Perkins was totally underrated and underappreciated at PG for Zaga. The Spurs need a backup PG who is really a PG. He didn't get drafted, so he's basically no-risk now.

That rounds out a fairly high floor roster. And they aren't going to be able to do enough in free agency to really raise the ceiling much. Not in the real world.
    The expectation, for me at least, is that free agency will solve logjams and truly open minutes for the key youth. If SA can accomplish that I’ll be very happy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Miller is a good, cheap target. Not sure how a S&T works currently but a trade with Bertans could work out as he fills a need for the Pelis (Davis' brother is NOLA as well)

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The expectation, for me at least, is that free agency will solve logjams and truly open minutes for the key youth. If SA can accomplish that I’ll be very happy
    Hadn't thought it in just those terms, but that's probably a good way to look at it. They have some young guys who are ready to start carrying their weight. The future starts now, but only if PATFO makes room for it.

Miller is a good, cheap target. Not sure how a S&T works currently but a trade with Bertans could work out as he fills a need for the Pelis (Davis' brother is NOLA as well)

Miller is an unrestricted FA, so I hadn't even thought about that possibility. And honestly I'm not clear on the current rules for S&T either. I don't even know what the Pel's current cap situation is, with all the horse trading. It would be nice to get Miller as a clean swap for Bertans' salary, and still have the MLE left. But if the Pels are willing to pay Bertans that much, I don't know why they wouldn't pay Miller that much. They seem to like him, and the NO fans definitely do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC looked chill during his presser. I think they already have an informal agreement with Gay and the other player who is coming in. Just have to wait until 12:01 to drop the news.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ Barret, DeAndre Jordan and Ntilikina to Golden State?
    [/URL]
    Why would NY do that? Just offer him the 4 years, and call his bluff about staying in Oakland.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Bojan takes the full MLE right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Bojan takes the full MLE right?
    Right

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The expectation, for me at least, is that free agency will solve logjams and truly open minutes for the key youth.
    don’t hold your breath.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much are guys like Marcus Morris, Thad Young, Aminu commanding in FA? Way over the MLE or what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ~13 per, would be my estimate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don’t hold your breath.
    But I'm training for deep dive records...
    I can't hold back them goals and siznozz!

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    How much are guys like Marcus Morris, Thad Young, Aminu commanding in FA? Way over the MLE or what?
    Morris probably 13-15, Young around 10-12, Aminu 8-9 imo. Aminu is not worth the full MLE

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ Barret, DeAndre Jordan and Ntilikina to Golden State?
    [/URL]
    DJ would be a sign n trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soooo what’s more important getting a third big in Free agency or a big wing player?? I’d say a big wing but I bet we target a third big

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for the cap studs

Is there any possibility of this roster starting the next season?

Murray/White
    Derozan/Walker/Forbes
    Bogdanovic/Johnson/Bertans
    Gay/Samanic
    Aldridge/Poetl

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disgraceful that Gasoft counts $5M against the cap for 19-20. Would be great if we could dump Derozan and Mills contracts and get an athletic wing to fill a big need. Can't stand watching Mills scrubbing it up in the playoffs again. Get a real backup pg ffs lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disgraceful that Gasoft counts $5M against the cap for 19-20. Would be great if we could dump Derozan and Mills contracts and get an athletic wing to fill a big need. Can't stand watching Mills scrubbing it up in the playoffs again. Get a real backup pg ffs lol
    That changes if he signs with a team next year. Small chance, but fingers crossed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That changes if he signs with a team next year. Small chance, but fingers crossed.
    Maybe the Lakers or Memphis will do us solid lol. The contracts of Demar, Mills, Bertrans, Marco and Gasol are a combined $58M hit next season. I'd like to see all of them gone. We need to let the younger core develop bar LMA who is still a workhorse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the Lakers or Memphis will do us solid lol. The contracts of Demar, Mills, Bertrans, Marco and Gasol are a combined $58M hit next season. I'd like to see all of them gone. We need to let the younger core develop bar LMA who is still a workhorse.

Mills and demar make up over $40 mil of that portion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for the cap studs

Is there any possibility of this roster starting the next season?

Murray/White
    Derozan/Walker/Forbes
    Bogdanovic/Johnson/Bertans
    Gay/Samanic
    Aldridge/Poetl
    The only way would be a sign and trade with the Pacers. I don't see how the Spurs are supposed to sign Bogdanović any other way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would completely revive the organization and the fan base. But you’d have to take back a bad contract most likely.
    But you could possibly get the bulls to play along. They have the cap space and would think they’d value these players. Trade DeRozan/Mills/Marco($45M) for Otto Porter ($28M)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would NY do that? Just offer him the 4 years, and call his bluff about staying in Oakland.
    Cause they desperate. They would do that for KD ASAP

DJ would be a sign n trade?
    A KD sign and trade would only work if the Knicks resign some guys so the salaries match

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    If Gasol retires do the Spurs still have to pay him? Bucks fans don't seem to want him.

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    The only way would be a sign and trade with the Pacers. I don't see how the Spurs are supposed to sign Bogdanović any other way
    Think it'll take a lottery protected or top 20 first round pick for the Pacers to bite?

Thread Information