Page 25 of 93 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would completely revive the organization and the fan base. But you’d have to take back a bad contract most likely.
    But you could possibly get the bulls to play along. They have the cap space and would think they’d value these players. Trade DeRozan/Mills/Marco($45M) for Otto Porter ($28M)
    Posts like this really should be a suspendable offence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think it'll take a lottery protected or top 20 first round pick for the Pacers to bite?
    Nah it's either let him walk for nothing or get some role players in exchange. Sign and trade seems unlikely to me though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posts like this really should be a suspendable offence.
    Would you rather have DeRozan/Mills/Marco/Bertans or Brogdon/Porter? The funds freed up from that trade could allow the spurs to also sign Malcom Brogdon. The spurs would be a better team in this scenario.

But the spurs won’t make any moves cuz that’s not the front office’s style. They’ll sign Gay for too much money and that’ll be it for the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you rather have DeRozan/Mills/Marco/Bertans or Brogdon/Porter? The funds freed up from that trade could allow the spurs to also sign Malcom Brogdon. The spurs would be a better team in this scenario.

But the spurs won’t make any moves cuz that’s not the front office’s style. They’ll sign Gay for too much money and that’ll be it for the offseason.
    Not in a million years. I really don't need to go and explain why the trade for Porter is incredibly bad. But using cap space on Brogdon. You know White playoff performance was on par, probably even go as far as say he was better than Brogdon? White is younger, cheaper, and about to be better. In this scenario we give up the best player by far in DD. For the worst contract by far in Porter. Lose three role players to overpay a pg that as soon as next season would be behind Murray and White, and just become a role player. Great deal. We lose a borderline allstar, three role players, for two overpaid role players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    salary dump Bertans and Belinelli and get Bogdanovic. Then make Gay sign some type of discount deal, somehow. I don't know. They really ed themselves with the Gasol and Mills contracts

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogdan is probably looking for 20 mil per year. I just don't see any way we get him, either through trade or free agency. I think Spurs fans took that rumor too seriously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anybody gonna really pay that much for Bojan though?? Like he had a great year but he became the focal point on offense because the pacers didn’t have any other skilled perimeter players once Oladipo got injured

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I put this in the other thread, but it's relevant here too..

What about Jabari Parker...the Wiz declined his option, making him unrestricted, but they are open to resigning him...he's probably gonna make more than the MLE, but fit wise, would he be a good pickup for the MLE?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I put this in the other thread, but it's relevant here too..

What about Jabari Parker...the Wiz declined his option, making him unrestricted, but they are open to resigning him...he's probably gonna make more than the MLE, but fit wise, would he be a good pickup for the MLE?
    dont think he’s a fit, he’s a below average defender and three point shooting isn’t exactly his strength

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogdan is probably looking for 20 mil per year. I just don't see any way we get him, either through trade or free agency. I think Spurs fans took that rumor too seriously.
    The funny thing is it wasn’t even a rumor, just Bobby Marks saying it made sense pretty much. People ran with it here. Timvp prefaced the offseason by saying it was straight forward. People are just setting themselves up for disappointment and it happens every year. It’s kind of sad and annoying. I’m expecting Rudy to get resigned and add Milutinov imo. That’s the off-season. As I posted in my staying the course thread, it just makes too much sense to keep it together. People are being emotional and prisoner of the moment. No need for more instability. Just keep it together and see what you have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont think he’s a fit, he’s a below average defender and three point shooting isn’t exactly his strength
    Below average defender is actually a compliment tbh

He's a worse defensive player than DeRozan and he's had 2 ACL tears. no to Jabari Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funny thing is it wasn’t even a rumor, just Bobby Marks saying it made sense pretty much. People ran with it here. Timvp prefaced the offseason by saying it was straight forward. People are just setting themselves up for disappointment and it happens every year. It’s kind of sad and annoying. I’m expecting Rudy to get resigned and add Milutinov imo. That’s the off-season. As I posted in my staying the course thread, it just makes too much sense to keep it together. People are being emotional and prisoner of the moment. No need for more instability. Just keep it together and see what you have.
    Marks wasn't the only one though. A Pacers beat writer said the Bogdanovic to the Spurs rumor was legit too and Marks apparently heard it from 3 different sources. But I agree, looking at the salary cap there's like a 5% chance that happens.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marks wasn't the only one though. A Pacers beat writer said the Bogdanovic to the Spurs rumor was legit too and Marks apparently heard it from 3 different sources. But I agree, looking at the salary cap there's like a 5% chance that happens.
    Russillo also was pretty assertive on this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russillo also was pretty assertive on this

With what money? We need to shed the albatross that is patty mills

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you send ATL a 2020 first to take on Mills, Bert, and Marco?

That would open up the space for Bojan no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They have the cap space and stupidly willingness to absorb those contracts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I dont know what team that would take all that trash

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have the capspace , 12M of it expires after next summer, and they pick up a 2020 first from the spurs. They may see some value in Bert. Obviously Mills is dead weight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have the capspace , 12M of it expires after next summer, and they pick up a 2020 first from the spurs. They may see some value in Bert. Obviously Mills is dead weight
    no chance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ the notion of this team trading Fatty. He is the LEADER of this team, remember?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know what team that would take all that trash
    Well they’re get a first. It’s like the deal they cut with the Nets for Crabbe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck with this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ the notion of this team trading Fatty. He is the LEADER of this team, remember?

Yea wombat def isnt going anywhere anytime soon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They want max cap room next summer do they won't take mills. I think you can get rid of belli for a 2nd, Forbes could be moved somewhere and fetch a 2nd, and I think bertans can be moved without taking salary back. That might be enough for bogdanovic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They want max cap room next summer do they won't take mills. I think you can get rid of belli for a 2nd, Forbes could be moved somewhere and fetch a 2nd, and I think bertans can be moved without taking salary back. That might be enough for bogdanovic.
    T'would be an interesting conflagration I don't see happening.

Thread Information