Page 28 of 93 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. And yes, an S&T would accomplish that. It's definitely the path that gives the team the most room to improve their roster while staying under the tax.

Murray, White, Mills
    DeRozan, Forbes, Weatherspoon
    Bogdanovic, Walker, Johnson
    Aminu, Gay, Samanic
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Metu/Eubanks

That's the kind of team where they could win games during the RRT when Aldridge and DeRozan sit and where even the garbage unit looks good. It doesn't have the ceiling of some teams, but its floor is really high.
    How are they getting there? I could easily see Bogdan get 16mil-18mil a year which (correct me I'm wrong) is more than Beli/Bertans would bring in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are they getting there? I could easily see Bogdan get 16mil-18mil a year which (correct me I'm wrong) is more than Beli/Bertans would bring in.
    Bertans + Beli =12.8M. Trade rules allow their salary + 5M for matching purposes. So 17.8M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gotta assume he wants to be here and indi would accept a sign and trade to help us out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans + Beli =12.8M. Trade rules allow their salary + 5M for matching purposes. So 17.8M.
    Thanks.

Still, Bogdanovic is going to be a hot commodity on the market. I can see anybody that strikes out on Middleton (most likely staying with MIL) to move to BB as plan B. That's Dallas, Brooklyn, both LA teams, Sacramento...just to name a few. I'd really hope there's mutual interest between both sides as I'm fan of his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks.

Still, Bogdanovic is going to be a hot commodity on the market. I can see anybody that strikes out on Middleton (most likely staying with MIL) to move to BB as plan B. That's Dallas, Brooklyn, both LA teams, Sacramento...just to name a few. I'd really hope there's mutual interest between both sides as I'm fan of his game.
    For sure. Sign and Trades happen way less frequently than before. There just isn’t as much advantage. He would really want to have to go here and IND would really have to want something for him leaving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, just by themselves, Bertans and Beli can combine to match up to $17.8 Million. That should be enough for Bojan's first year. If they needed a bit more, they can add in Metu (whom they could replace with Eubanks and probably be better for it). The problem would be getting Indy to accept the deal, not getting the ballast together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd include the 2020 first rounder as well if Indy was deadset on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So would you think highly of that team, or would you still rag on PATFO for not making moves?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Takes two to tango though. He would have to want SA over anyone else; but also being willing to walk to another team that has cap space.

If he wants SA and other teams don’t make him offers, IND says go play for the MLE and it all falls apart. Other reasons as well. S&T seems pretty unlikely IMO but definitely possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So would you think highly of that team, or would you still rag on PATFO for not making moves?
    Considering that's the FO actually making smart moves, I wouldn't rag on them for it.

Besides, I'll have plenty of ammo when Patty and Bryn are getting the lion's share of minutes over DJ/White/Lonnie tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Takes two to tango though. He would have to want SA over anyone else; but also being willing to walk to another team that has cap space.

If he wants SA and other teams don’t make him offers, IND says go play for the MLE and it all falls apart. Other reasons as well. S&T seems pretty unlikely IMO but definitely possible.
    Maybe, but think of it this way: Indy took on three years of TJ Warren for a second-rounder they ended up trading away on draft night. Would they really not take two expirings (one of which could probably get them a decent asset back) for a first? I think they would, but Indy fans were actually skeptical. I do think a team would be willing to take him even if the Pacers weren't however, so they could work this trade with three teams and have the Pacers only take back Beli. A first there would be overkill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, but think of it this way: Indy took on three years of TJ Warren for a second-rounder they ended up trading away on draft night. Would they really not take two expirings (one of which could probably get them a decent asset back) for a first? I think they would, but Indy fans were actually skeptical. I do think a team would be willing to take him even if the Pacers weren't however, so they could work this trade with three teams and have the Pacers only take back Beli. A first there would be overkill.
    I think they value Warren as an actual player; if they do Bertans and Beli sure. But there is just not the incentive to do S&T really anymore. Still can happen, but the incentives are way less IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks.

Spurs are gonna land Bogdanovic just like we landed Rui. Lots of ink spilt on two pipe dreams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are gonna land Bogdanovic just like we landed Rui. Lots of ink spilt on two pipe dreams.

Its nice to hope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they value Warren as an actual player; if they do Bertans and Beli sure. But there is just not the incentive to do S&T really anymore. Still can happen, but the incentives are way less IMO
    The incentives for a team to do an S&T didn't go away. There's just not the incentive for the player to do it. The Spurs being the only team that wants Bojan wouldn't matter to Indy at all unless they themselves wanted to re-sign him more than they want a pick. Maybe they do: A lot of Indy fans told me as much. It doesn't "feel" right though. I think getting Warren was Indy's way to moving on from Bogdanovic. I certainly don't believe they'd try playing hardball with him though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many other teams can beat an offer of Bertans and Beli...I don't think we have enough to get a player of his caliber...would be a great fit though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many other teams can beat an offer of Bertans and Beli...I don't think we have enough to get a player of his caliber...would be a great fit though.
    Doesn’t matter what other teams have if he wants to come to SA is the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn’t matter what other teams have if he wants to come to SA is the point.
    We still need to add some young asset - future first or Lonnie Walker...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawawang KD

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. And yes, an S&T would accomplish that. It's definitely the path that gives the team the most room to improve their roster while staying under the tax.

Murray, White, Mills
    DeRozan, Forbes, Weatherspoon
    Bogdanovic, Walker, Johnson
    Aminu, Gay, Samanic
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Metu/Eubanks

That's the kind of team where they could win games during the RRT when Aldridge and DeRozan sit and where even the garbage unit looks good. It doesn't have the ceiling of some teams, but its floor is really high.
    That roster won't be the favorite with the press fawning over the Lakers right now but, I think it has as good of a chance as anybody to make the finals this year. Again, not saying we'd be favored I just don't see anyone clearly better in a 7 game series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Vonleh.

He's above average on defense & boards.

Shot needs work.

Could be had for a portion of the MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bender comes to mind as well.

PHX totally screwed his development. True, a lot of that lied on him, but he wasn't in the right surroundings to deal with it all.

He has the tools, playmaking and his ( theoretical ) shot is there.
    He's also very mobile, switchable.

Still young and scrawny, minus on the boards and lacks consistency.
    He has still got a pretty high ceiling.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody can get behind the paywall on the athletic?

https://theathletic.com/1041885/2019...his-offseason/

Thread Information