Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goes without saying that Dante and Quincy will be gone. But we need to move Mills, too. I know, I know - Pop won't do that.
    ,Pop won't do that,sensible teams won't be interested in 26/2 Mills unless we attach draft picks along with Patty,useless teams will want to offload some of their useless assets..

If 19/20 is indeed Pop's last season i can see us trading him in 2021 as an expiring.

It goes without saying Dante and Q-Pon shouldn't have been signed at all (a small ball 4 in Dante and a past his prime wing Pondexter who is lucky to be alive,didn't and wouldn't patch any holes in the roster even as third options)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the signing of those two for one year rental said Pop and RC didn’t think we would be in playoffs or they wanted cap space the following year to sign someone. Either way both should be replaced by draft picks and I would not mind them joining the organization they both are smart high character guys they just past their prime.

Going into to this summer before the draft they going to have to figure what they going to do with Forbes, Rudy, and Nikola. With Murray back and Walker being a high draft pick and a year under his belt I don’t know how Forbes is going to getting playing time? His stock should be high would definitely see what people would offer for him if good trade him if nothing good keep him one more year on cheap. As far as Rudy we all ready need two SF if we let him go we need SF and PF so I would keep him but no way in do I give him a Mills/Gasol contract. Regarding Nikola he is a first round pick by us who has turned out to be one of the best Centers Over Seas either we bring him over this summer or we trade him but to do neither is just plain stupid.

Not sure what they thinking of Metu and Eubanks one was drafted and signed but has not produced in G League the other Eubanks is a walk on and has produced at a high level in G League. I do think having Eubanks would have given us another player to guard Millsap. Another play on two way contract Ben Moore SF/PF who I really like I think the Spurs definitely give him a chance of moving up just depends how he does in summer league/tryouts
    Last edited by BackHome; 04-22-2019 at 12:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte has the height and wingspan to be a straight up shooting guard. He is equivalent to Wade and Brandon Roy in terms of measurables.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said from day one Murray should be SG but him having played PG has helped him now hopefully he is working on his 3 balls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is interesting will be the mindset/narrative if SA gets to the 2nd round. Will PATFO and fans start to shift back more to this team having great upside when adding Murray/Lonnie and MLE player plus draft picks? Will the flaws that exist still be pursued with the same energy?

Even if some guys catch fire (Beli, Mills, Rudy) how much of that changes PATFO perception of the off season? Hopefully we get to find out with a game 7 win

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, sound off if you think Bertans will be wearing silver and black next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dear Santa, ok so I'm a little early, but this is what I want for next Christmas.

A new coach.

A real small forward.

Some real bench players.

Anything that eats wombats.

Yes, I will be a good boy all year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offseason moves:
    - Re-sign Gay
    - Get rid of Cunningham, Pondexter, and Montejunas
    - Use MLE to sign Milutinov and 3-and-D swingman
    - Use first round picks on a big and a wing

2020 Roster:
    C - Poeltl, Milutinov, 1st round pick
    PF - Aldridge, Bertans, 3-and-D Swingman
    SF - DeRozan, Gay, 1st round pick
    SG - White, Forbes, Bellinelli
    PG - Murray, Mills, Walker
    Last edited by Uriel; 04-28-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Buford nails picks but his Free agent signings have been garbo recently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need a trade more than anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope we dont resign marco and get a starting sf. DePression should stuck to the 2 spot and Walker can come off the bench

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need a trade more than anything
    Can't trade, don't have the assets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, sound off if you think Bertans will be wearing silver and black next season.
    About Bertans, I hope not. He's an outstanding 3pt shooter, but he is not a complete player. We need 2-way players.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Well Buford nails picks but his Free agent signings have been garbo recently
    there isnt much he can do to get players to san antonio.........even when spurs were in their prime the biggest free agent who would even consider/sign with spurs was finley.......... the only solution is to move the team to austin.........every marquee free agent would line up to play for austin spurs

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About Bertans, I hope not. He's an outstanding 3pt shooter, but he is not a complete player. We need 2-way players.

He's been here three years - more than long enough to learn the system. If Pop is going to totally hold him out of the most critical playoff games, it's hard for me to see him keeping Bertans on the roster. He's not likely to get better in the offseason, or gain more of Pop's trust. I don't know how they get rid of him - maybe a buyout. But he's a waste of a roster spot if he can't be played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that I'm relaxing in the offseason, I've been watching some of the Celtics v Bucks. Saw some good basketball there. Tough, smart. Athletic. Didn't notice any wombats running around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's be real, we're not making big moves
    For the offseason the Spurs will operate over the cap. Just doesn't make sense to get rid of players and get under, if you can add the same amount of salary by keeping the core.

The guys that are out are: Pondexter, Cunningham, Motiejunas

You resign Rudy Gay with bird rights

You spend the MLE of 9.1 million on a 3-and-D forward. Ideally that is Marcus Morris, but I expect teams like the Lakers to offer him a lot more money.

Other candidates are Demarre Carrol, Danny Green (stays in Toronto most likely), Bogdanovic (too expensive), Ariza, Oubre, Stanley Johnson, Jeff Green, Terrence Ross (no D), Shumpert, Hezonja, Mbah Moute, Sefolosha, Alec Burks, Caldwell-Pope. Take your pick.
    Let's say we get Demarre Carrol. Jeff Green was signed for 2.4 million last year, let's say we get him for the vet minimum.

The real key would be drafting players who can contribute right away. Hachimura or Little would be great pick ups, we definitely need RC to pull off another steal. Spurs could trade both picks or add one of Forbes/Bertans/Belinelli to move up in the draft. The higher pick should definitely be a forward, no question.

White, Murray, Walker should work on their jump shots in the offseason. Same goes for Ben Moore. Poeltl should add post moves, maybe a midrange and improve his free throw shooting. Metu needs to add muscle and improve in every area.

DeRozan should get in the gym with Chip and work on his 3-point shooting. He was a 31% 3-point shooter in his last year on the Raptors and he had games where he made 5 or 6 of them. He also shot them from anywhere: corners, top of the key, in transition, catch & shoots.
    That would not only improve the spacing on offense, it would also make him more of a threat off the ball. Here's some video evidence:

Pop should also check him for getting techs, he needs to stop getting frustrated if he gets no calls and let Pop work the refs

If all that goes down we'd look at a roster of:

Aldridge/Poeltl/Milutinov or rookie
    Carrol/Gay/Bertans
    DeRozan/Jeff Green/Rookie
    Murray/Walker/Belinelli
    White/Mills/Forbes

If you trade to move up add Metu, Eubanks or Moore. Put the other 2 on 2-way contracts and we also got Huestis in the G-League.
    This would initially be this years rotation players with more playing time under their belt, additional defense through Murray, Carroll, Green, Rookie, an improved DeRozan with a 3-point shot and further developed young players in White, Murray, Walker and Poeltl. The team would improve significantly on both sides of the ball and the depth should make the regular season a lot easier.

I think that's about the best we can hope for. As the trade deadline approaches, players like Belinelli, Forbes and Bertans should be attractive targets on the market since they are expiring, so Spurs could fine tune the roster midseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I crazy thinking The Spurs might could get into the Anthony Davis sweepstakes? You offer LA, both 1st round picks, and Forbes. I know that seems lopsided but pelicans probably make the playoffs with Jrue holiday and LA together

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I crazy thinking The Spurs might could get into the Anthony Davis sweepstakes? You offer LA, both 1st round picks, and Forbes. I know that seems lopsided but pelicans probably make the playoffs with Jrue holiday and LA together
    I thought so too. But how about offering them DeRozan, Poeltl and a 1st round pick? I heard another team found that offer very intriguing before and was willing to trade their Franchise Player for that package

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, Spurs need to just get Duombouya at this point. He's a legitimate 3/4 combo forward. Get either a big or a 3&D SF with the other pick and use the MLE to bring over Milutinov and maybe get another 3&D SF or big (whichever wasn't drafted) with the remainder. See if one of Forbes/Mills/Marco can be moved, probably Forbes because he has positive trade value to move up in the draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, Louis King has been really impressive. More likely than not he will be available at 29.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay just posted on Instagram and Green commented on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay just posted on Instagram and Green commented on it.
    Saying what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay said "1,2,3 Cancun" and Green wished him "Enjoy your summer buddy"

He actually said "One last time Go Spurs Go" and Green did a moronic emoticonoji that i dunno what it means

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep

Thread Information