Page 31 of 93 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This offseason is going to be 2016 all over again. The big dominos will fall and then the teams that are left out of the Kyrie, Kawhi, Durant, Butler, Kemba, etc. sweepstakes who still have cap will panic and end up overspending on terrible players. Once everybody is out of cap space, there will be bargains to be had. I mean, somebody is actually going to spend >$16 million per year on 14 and 8 Bobby Portis with his negative defensive and offensive box score +/-, when the most notable thing he has ever done in his career is punch out Nikola Mirotic. Crazy pills.
    Portis will be perfect for mle getting..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way he said "really?" and started laughing made it seem like he isn't planning on leaving SA imo.
    He followed that with "You're gonna get me in trouble man" as in he is not supposed to talk with teams as a free agent yet.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is actually a pretty good look at the roster space situation.

https://projectspurs.com/2019/06/23/...g-free-agency/

Look at that crazy list of guards. And the only one on the list that I can see the Spurs wanting to part with right now is Belli. Walker hasn't had the exposure to be worth much, and they still have hopes that he develops into something special. They'll want to give Murray a chance to see if his All-Defense award was for real, and White is just plain necessary unless they come up with another PG. Mills and DDR are both have underwater contracts.

So that leaves Belli and Bertans as trade fodder, but they would 100% HAVE to get a 3P shooter for each of them. At mid-season, they might be more willing to package up one of the young guys for value, but right now I don't see that happening. So who could they get for Bertans' $7M or Belli's $6M who would be significantly better than either of them? There's no point making a trade that isn't a clear upgrade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My idea of an off season.
    1) sign Gay to a two years (max 3 years) at a 10 mill. x
    2) use the MLE on two reclamation projects (lets use our coaching staff and development training program as an asset to spend in contract negotiations with these kind of players : top five/10 draft pick based on talent with obvious developmental problems) splitting it on two four years contracts with first two years full guaranteed and second two years at team option; names? as a SF, SJ and as a big Dragan Bender:
    3) explore the market on a 3 for one or two for one deals (our possible trade pieces being DDR, Belli, Forbes, Mills (I know it won't happen) and Davis (I'd like it won't happen).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics have become front runners to sign kemba once FA opens on Sunday per Woj

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm assuming the Hornets are about to blow it up. So many trash players on horrible contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics stumble into a better situation, as per their par. Kemba is a much better fit next to their youngsters than Kyrie was, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj is becoming a big market . Hard to take a anything he is reporting right now seriously

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj is becoming a big market . Hard to take a anything he is reporting right now seriously
    There is nothing hard about taking Woj serious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A few interesting players not being extended. All flawed but seemingly useful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CHA is a dumpster fire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is nothing hard about taking Woj serious
    Did you forget the whole rumor he started about Wizards planning on making a crazy offer to lure Ujiri from the Raps which turned out to be BS?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just sayin, he's not the Woj of 2015 anymore tbh. Team Shams all the way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you forget the whole rumor he started about Wizards planning on making a crazy offer to lure Ujiri from the Raps which turned out to be BS?
    It was valid. Washington did want it and after they realized they couldn’t get him if they tried they backed off. Not everything is a lock. Shams screwed up during the draft tbh..reported a team was taking Keldon (who ironically fell to SA) that did not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was valid. Washington did want it and after they realized they couldn’t get him if they tried they backed off. Not everything is a lock. Shams screwed up during the draft tbh..reported a team was taking Keldon (who ironically fell to SA) that did not.
    Good point on Shams, i do remember that. But that's a little different than speculating on FA decisions. Also legitimately curious where you saw that the rumor was valid? Iirc woj said they were preparing to make a huge offer and Leonsis flat out denied they ever had any interest in Ujiri last I had heard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point on Shams, i do remember that. But that's a little different than speculating on FA decisions. Also legitimately curious where you saw that the rumor was valid? Iirc woj said they were preparing to make a huge offer and Leonsis flat out denied they ever had any interest in Ujiri last I had heard
    I read it a couple of places on Twitter. Makes sense to; even Woj commented on it this morning on ESPN. Washington got embarrassed some with Connelly from Denver turning them down. They didn’t want to get embarrassed again by making an offer to Masai only to be rebuked again knowing they didn’t really have a shot.

Both Shams and Woj are insane at breaking news. Anything either of them say should be taken very seriously. I don’t think people really understand how many “near deals” there always are. Something not happening is not really an indictment of their information. So much of this stuff is fluid and can change in an instant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte is looking to trade Batum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte is looking to trade Batum
    Maybe they’ll trade for Wall

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis is waiving his trade kicker to get LA more money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see anyone trying to trade for Batum. His contract is horrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Wizards are going to be the head that helps them. Always one out there

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Wizards are going to be the head that helps them. Always one out there
    It's weird because they are absorbing those contracts. What are they getting to take on those contracts? Draft picks? I thought all those went to the Pelicans.

Thread Information