My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA looking forward to DJ coming back.

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/l...ejounte-murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, sound off if you think Bertans will be wearing silver and black next season.
    I think he will. Denver was just a bad matchup for him. Spurs need shooters badly. Not gonna get rid of one under contract unless he's part of a package to get a major player. And Pop sorta hinted that isn't likely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he will. Denver was just a bad matchup for him. Spurs need shooters badly. Not gonna get rid of one under contract unless he's part of a package to get a major player. And Pop sorta hinted that isn't likely.
    Unfortunately I fear the Denver series exposed a lot in terms of his limitations in staying on the floor. He’s obviously too small when a team goes with two bigs like Denver did almost the entire series (need to check minutes, but could have been basically all meaningful minutes).

But the fact that he can’t be on the floor either to guard any other wings when your alternatives are Mills and Beli tells you something about his footwork on defense. Teams can scheme him off the floor.

Looking across the rest of the west, most teams can run similar lineups and neuter him. Not necessarily three quick guys and two bigs, but also 4 + 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do the spurms draft a needed 3d player who probably wont get much playing time or

promote someone on the torros?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, sound off if you think Bertans will be wearing silver and black next season.
    Good question mark.

He has always been a guy that Pop leaves out of the rotation at random moments, including when he wants to give someone else (whomever) a chance. If they were inclined to switch thing up sure, he could be traded, but they are bringing the same crew back. The statement made that they want to bring back the same group etc persuades me the most. They aren't looking at trades to begin with. So case closed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good question mark.

He has always been a guy that Pop leaves out of the rotation at random moments, including when he wants to give someone else (whomever) a chance. If they were inclined to switch thing up sure, he could be traded, but they are bringing the same crew back. The statement made that they want to bring back the same group etc persuades me the most. They aren't looking at trades to begin with. So case closed.
    That's not actually what Pop said. The word he used was 'core'. That most certainly doesn't meant that everyone will be back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not actually what Pop said. The word he used was 'core'. That most certainly doesn't meant that everyone will be back.
    Good observation but we shall see. They consider him a part of that core (the same with Forbes etc). I don't expect him to be moved.

Now if next season he falls off the rotation a la Pau (getting replaced by newcomers to the team) a trade midseason is not impossible...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good observation but we shall see. They consider him a part of that core (the same with Forbes etc). I don't expect him to be moved.

Now if next season he falls off the rotation a la Pau (getting replaced by newcomers to the team) a trade midseason is not impossible...
    Bertans' usage has been sporadic throughout his whole time here. At this point, I would consider Forbes more of a part of what the Spurs are doing than Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans' usage has been sporadic throughout his whole time here. At this point, I would consider Forbes more of a part of what the Spurs are doing than Bertans.
    That's evident. Do you see him getting traded bc that was the question I was responding to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if pmills is still on the team next season, then expect the same old repeat again...

pmills era = enrique era = rs team, playoff fodder team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's evident. Do you see him getting traded bc that was the question I was responding to.
    I don't think they'll actively look to move him, but if they get a decent offer, it may well happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought we got rid of SAgirl?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The best bet with Mills is that somebody takes his spot in the rotation to the point that he becomes completely expendable like Pau did.

That said, Pop would still probably keep him around as a 3rd/4th stringer for backup purposes and because of his "leadership" ala Tony Parker. After these playoffs, I'm all for Forbes having a shot of taking Patty's spot as the shooter off the bench.

We will have to see what the Spurs do in the draft, but if Dejounte comes back strong next season, I could see Pop putting White into the role of 1st guard off the bench...which would leave the guard rotation looking something like:

Murray / White / Forbes / Mills
    DeRozan / Walker / Beli

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Ben Moore and (maybe) Josh Huestis are part of the Spurs SL team/training camp roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just have a hard time believing Pop will be ok paying Mills 12/13M for TP role. They offered TP 5M for that role.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why Huestis? Still can't shoot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just Ben Moore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just have a hard time believing Pop will be ok paying Mills 12/13M for TP role. They offered TP 5M for that role.
    TP didn't start coffee gang. Just listen to Pop's exit interview, Mills will be here at least until his contract expires

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice guy it seems, but no need for him. No need for Pondexter or Cunningham even though they were fine Spurs and very professional.

No need for any type of player like that right now; no upside. Take some fliers on younger guys for those last 3 spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice guy it seems, but no need for him. No need for Pondexter or Cunningham even though they were fine Spurs and very professional.

No need for any type of player like that right now; no upside. Take some fliers on younger guys for those last 3 spots.
    Agreed.

Patty fills the "nice guy" quota anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Ben Moore and (maybe) Josh Huestis are part of the Spurs SL team/training camp roster.
    Do we have any kind of “dibs” on Moore?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol dumb. If danatas would have played more than gay in games 1 2 3 4 5 6 sa would have won the series. If gay would have played like plumlee sa would have won the series.

BIG MEN WHO CAN ONLY SHOOT JUMPERS AND DONT REBOUND HAVE NO USE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really, Donatas moving the needle?

Thread Information