San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really, Donatas moving the needle?
    He was more equipped to beat denver than gay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was more equipped to beat denver than gay
    It’s just not fair that some people get blessed with great looks AND brains like you.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s just not fair that some people get blessed with great looks AND brains like you.
    Could be worse. I could have said kl was an alpha, bryn forbes was worse than mills, marco, white, and pau was a good piece for sa... but here we are.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm the Spurs I try to find a way to get Tobias Harris or Julius Randle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm the Spurs I try to find a way to get Tobias Harris or Julius Randle.
    I really don’t see a path to either; especially Harris. He’s due big money and SA doesn’t have cap space. I dont know what PHI would want via a S&T either that SA has. I’m not sacrificing the youth for him but he would be a dream fit as a starting 4.

Julius is the same; I don’t see NO wanting to blow it up completely, he’s young and what trade assets would they want from SA? Maybe if they were willing to sell him for picks SA could do that, but I think Julius declines his option and would require money SA does not have at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best bet with Mills is that somebody takes his spot in the rotation to the point that he becomes completely expendable like Pau did.

That said, Pop would still probably keep him around as a 3rd/4th stringer for backup purposes and because of his "leadership" ala Tony Parker. After these playoffs, I'm all for Forbes having a shot of taking Patty's spot as the shooter off the bench.

We will have to see what the Spurs do in the draft, but if Dejounte comes back strong next season, I could see Pop putting White into the role of 1st guard off the bench...which would leave the guard rotation looking something like:

Murray / White / Forbes / Mills
    DeRozan / Walker / Beli

On Forbes vs. Mills

I’m excited for Forbes to return to a bench role. Remember he’s been going up against more starter lineups, but nonetheless had similar but better numbers than Patty this past year: https://www.basketball-reference.com...lspa02&y2=2019

On starting White
    DDR and White should stagger minutes more, so I’d be fine with White coming off the bench and running the second unit. Also, I want to see units with White and Poeltl. There will be games where Poeltl starts, but generally he and Aldridge should stagger.

My ideal offseason would finding a way to move out Mills and Beli (isn’t that everyone’s dream?) and running things back. If it takes moving out one of the first rounders and you can get something back in the deal as opposed to dead expiring salary, then I’d consider it.

It’s going to be hard to find someone to take the MLE who is going to be effective. But they can’t botch it like this past year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harrison Barnes maybe? Probably costs to much, plus not the best fit but we desperately need a SF. Ariza is available but Id rather go younger

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don’t see a path to either; especially Harris. He’s due big money and SA doesn’t have cap space. I dont know what PHI would want via a S&T either that SA has. I’m not sacrificing the youth for him but he would be a dream fit as a starting 4.

Julius is the same; I don’t see NO wanting to blow it up completely, he’s young and what trade assets would they want from SA? Maybe if they were willing to sell him for picks SA could do that, but I think Julius declines his option and would require money SA does not have at this point.
    I know it would be very difficult to sign either one of them, but you at least talk to them and see if they have any serious interest in joining the team. If either one of them does then you move players like Bertans, Mills, and Belinelli for draft picks or players you can waive to come up with cap space to sign one of them

Again I know it's near impossible, but I would at least gauge their interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it would be very difficult to sign either one of them, but you at least talk to them and see if they have any serious interest in joining the team. If either one of them does then you move players like Bertans, Mills, and Belinelli for draft picks or players you can waive to come up with cap space to sign one of them

Again I know it's near impossible, but I would at least gauge their interest.
    I agree - was just speaking about it. But SA should have a lot on the table this off season. Will they be able to find a path? Who knows, but they should be exploring everything.

I really hope they dont trade White/Murray/Lonnie though for even a win-now player like this. Keep those 3, everyone else is on the block.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if ATL would be open to trading Baze for Beli/Mills and pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should see if josh Jackson could be had for cheap.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same issue that has plagued sa since the loss of tim. Spurs need someone who can score in the paint and a physical big body on d.

The low iq stats guys the spurs look to now lma,ddr,gay are too dumb, inefficient, to lead a team to anything more than rd1 exits. What is most frustrating about this group is that if they had more drive and compe iveness, they would be a really nice group. They have all shown times that they can impact the game on both ends. They just do not have the desire to win by outworking their matchup each possession.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if ATL would be open to trading Baze for Beli/Mills and pick?
    Out of those two I'd swing for Jackson. Bazemore is also a nice player to maybe look into.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of those two I'd swing for Jackson. Bazemore is also a nice player to maybe look into.
    Just figured due to age and where he was drafted, Jackson would be more difficult to obtain. Not only that, but JJ has been horrific on offense. I was and have been high on him and he has shown defensive chops, but Baze should be cheaper and is much better on offense right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont know what we can realistically do with derozan on the roster

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just figured due to age and where he was drafted, Jackson would be more difficult to obtain. Not only that, but JJ has been horrific on offense. I was and have been high on him and he has shown defensive chops, but Baze should be cheaper and is much better on offense right now.
    I agree. Out of those two Jackson would be harder to obtain in my opinion. Bazemore is due $19 million next season. Not sure the Spurs wanna pay that much for Bazemore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Out of those two Jackson would be harder to obtain in my opinion. Bazemore is due $19 million next season. Not sure the Spurs wanna pay that much for Bazemore.
    They are paying 17M for Beli/Mills so I think they would gladly swap those two for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Del

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I definitely still have a great relationship with them,” Huestis said. “They’re fans of my game. Depending on how all the other free-agency stuff goes with them and what their needs are, I can definitely seeing that relationship staying there. So who knows? We’ll see where this summer takes me.”
    https://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...ba/3502485002/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just put a gun to your head, Ime, it'll be much quicker . . .

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Says a lot that Udoka and Messina are being interviewed for head coaching jobs this summer while Becky is being ignored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Ime goes our defense will take a hit. He's actually the 1 guy on the coaching staff who I think is very important. Replacing Messina should be easy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Ime goes our defense will take a hit. He's actually the 1 guy on the coaching staff who I think is very important. Replacing Messina should be easy
    Udoka says Forbes is a great defender. Not sure he's the defense expert, tbh.

Thread Information