Page 6 of 93 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Udoka says Forbes is a great defender. Not sure he's the defense expert, tbh.
    I mean, he isn't gonna call him out and say he sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, he isn't gonna call him out and say he sucks.
    Yeah but to flat out lie and say the opposite of what everyone knows to be true? He never said Mills is a great defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but to flat out lie and say the opposite of what everyone knows to be true? He never said Mills is a great defender.
    All depends on whether he was prompted about their defense. If he went out of his way to laud Forbes' defense then he's full of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Messina leaves first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All depends on whether he was prompted about their defense. If he went out of his way to laud Forbes' defense then he's full of it.
    FWIW, I think Pop said Gary Neal was not a guy who was there to defend and unprompted too. I think Timmy also made sarcastic remarks about Bonner's defense. I point this out because it's not like Pop or anyone on the team to completely lie about a player's defensive flaws. So, for Ime to say that about Forbes is pretty alarming, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes ended the season playing very solid defense especially in game 7 were he was the only player with cojones. Ime is not far from the truth tbh because he is projecting rather than talking about the current version of Forbes imo. All Forbes has to do is become a little stronger in the off season and he will be fine defensively, of course its easier said than done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is not going to be a happy camper next year as he will see a dramatic decline in minutes next season. With Murray back and Walker and White both coming back stronger he just won’t get the playing time he did this year. If we can use him in a trade to get us our SF then move him no questions asked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is not going to be a happy camper next year as he will see a dramatic decline in minutes next season. With Murray back and Walker and White both coming back stronger he just won’t get the playing time he did this year. If we can use him in a trade to get us our SF then move him no questions asked.
    Think Forbes has earned his role as a starter and will continue to be one on this team. Could easily see;

Murray, Forbes, DDR, LMA, Jakob
    Mills, White, Bertans, Gay

Forbes could still play around 22 mpg- down only slightly from his 28 mpg last season, with White playing the other 26 mpg at SG, off the bench, as the 6th man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm the Spurs I try to find a way to get Tobias Harris or Julius Randle.
    Tobias is one of those annoying players who will get a MAX contract, but never earn it. Julius would be nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good point about his projected unhappiness. The following year he is going to leave or be overpaid by us. If we are not trading Patty, I think Forbes should be traded. He may “flourish” more on a garbage team looking for a shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think Forbes has earned his role as a starter and will continue to be one on this team. Could easily see;

Murray, Forbes, DDR, LMA, Jakob
    Mills, White, Bertans, Gay

Forbes could still play around 22 mpg- down only slightly from his 28 mpg last season, with White playing the other 26 mpg at SG, off the bench, as the 6th man.
    I agree.

Forbes was third in minutes on the team during both the regular season and the playoffs (behind only DDR and LMA). Forbes averaged double-figures in points during both regular season and playoffs.

In the playoffs, he hit .484% of his threes in the seven biggest games of the year.

Those who think Forbes is headed for a diminished role (or, even sillier, a trade) are just going to be disappointed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes was great for us honestly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pattys replacement tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Udoka says Forbes is a great defender. Not sure he's the defense expert, tbh.
    you got a point there. I was actually the one who posted that Udoka quote

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes will be the perfect bench spark.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People need to stop with the Forbes is a starter cause he is not his defense and help defensive was terrible most of the year. I am not a hater he proved he has game but he should be used as a spark and with the second unit and Yes Walker and Murray and White will take a huge amount of his playing time.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont know what we can realistically do with derozan on the roster
    He's a massive net negative in the starting lineup and doesn't gel well with Aldridge. He can't play offball and he's not our solution at SF either because he's one of the worst defenders in the league for his position. His inability to shoot from deep kills our already bad spacing. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective or he goes through lapses of disinterest. The only logical solution is to give him the Manu role on the bench. He can iso at will against opposing benches and he won't be as much of a liability on defense against inferior opponents. The difficulty here is convincing him to take a bench role for the betterment of the team. Derozan's one of those idiots that grew up idolizing Kobe so I very much doubt he'd be okay with a 6th man role.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a massive net negative in the starting lineup and doesn't gel well with Aldridge. He can't play offball and he's not our solution at SF either because he's one of the worst defenders in the league for his position. His inability to shoot from deep kills our already bad spacing. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective or he goes through lapses of disinterest. The only logical solution is to give him the Manu role on the bench. He can iso at will against opposing benches and he won't be as much of a liability on defense against inferior opponents. The difficulty here is convincing him to take a bench role for the betterment of the team. Derozan's one of those idiots that grew up idolizing Kobe so I very much doubt he'd be okay with a 6th man role.
    I think you suck it up and start both (for their fragile pride) and yank DDR around the 8 minute mark, and then sub him back in when Aldridge sits. Ideally you’d stagger their minutes somewhat so one is always on the floor and avoid playing them both ... especially if spacing is bad with others. In the regular season, that’s easier to do given 32 minutes or so of court time. A little more overlap in postseason. When they’re playing together, you absolutely need a floor spacer. Bertans or Forbes are more likely than Poeltl.

His defense got better but still struggles against bigger guys. To fill that gap at the three, the Spurs really need to make the MLE hit this year or turn the Patty/Beli contracts into something useful. Gay is also best used coming off the bench, and he and DDR simply can’t guard many threes.

So much depends on organic growth of Murray/White/Walker as to how the rest of the roster shakes out. If they develop well enough, hopefully it means the end of Patty/Beli. I’m fine keeping Forbes as he’s fine as a Mills replacement. Bertans will have value ... don’t let him being schemed off the court trick you too much. Worst possible matchup for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious to hear from our foreign fans on their thoughts on the possibility of bringing over C - Nikola or SF - Nemanja Dangubic?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Milutinov looks nothing like a modern 5 from the little I've seen of him. Not much better than Boban defensively on the perimeter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As Cleveland Cavaliers expand coaching search, Gregg Popovich aide Ettore Messina set to interview this week

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2019/05/as-cleveland-cavaliers-expand-coaching-search-gregg-popovich-aide-ettore-messina-set-to-interview-this-week.html

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW, I think Pop said Gary Neal was not a guy who was there to defend and unprompted too. I think Timmy also made sarcastic remarks about Bonner's defense. I point this out because it's not like Pop or anyone on the team to completely lie about a player's defensive flaws. So, for Ime to say that about Forbes is pretty alarming, tbh.
    I think Bonner had a thick enough skin and enough rapport with Tim to where those comments didn't bother him, and Neal just didn't give a what anybody said. Forbes has a much thinner skin and needs to be propped up. Given Bryn's lack of elite athleticism, he can't afford to not give max effort on defense. Udoka was probably just pulling the best lever he could find.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the are we going to get rid of patty mills!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the are we going to get rid of patty mills!?
    Knock knock
    Who's there?
    Nagah
    Nagah who?
    Nagah happen this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knock knock
    Who's there?
    Nagah
    Nagah who?