Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2310
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There would be no MLE, no ability to just hand 5 guys veteran minimum deals. Plus any players that want raises the following year can’t just be retained for any price due to the fact they were already on the team. Would also make it a lot easier to follow as a fan. As well there wouldn’t be a set “max number a team can spend as much as they like on a single player. I do like that if you stay with your team you can earn an extra year as that can help keep players if you are a small market team
    The MLE is used by every team in the league unless signing big name FA.

But I DO agree on the minimum contracts. There should be a right of first refusal on any veteran playing on a one year deal. If anyone is willing to pay them more than the minimum, then that team can’t sign them to a minimum contract. Not exactly sure how you’d prevent abuse of this, but there is no reason a guy should be able to sign for the min when a team that has cap space left or part of the MLE left would pay them more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. What a fall for Isaiah Thomas. What a fall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to the Wizards staying under the radar for being one of the dumbest ing teams this offseason tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man seriously if they can get rid of mills contract, would open playing time for the younger guys

its not like the spurs dont have a spark of the bench, just that popa wont give any of his young turds the green light to chuck bricks without subbing them off the first mistake they make on the court... then again u have forbes and belli still on the roster...

spurs needs real s on the team, im happy with the carroll signing, cause his a real no tolerance energy hustle mofo

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man seriously if they can get rid of mills contract, would open playing time for the younger guys

its not like the spurs dont have a spark of the bench, just that popa wont give any of his young turds the green light to chuck bricks without subbing them off the first mistake they make on the court... then again u have forbes and belli still on the roster...

spurs needs real s on the team, im happy with the carroll signing, cause his a real no tolerance energy hustle mofo

Barring a miracle were stuck with mills for atleast this coming season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban could be an option to use rest of the mle for center depth...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not too late to give RHJ the remaining MLE for a 2 year deal (2nd year TO), just need to clear a roster spot, hopefully with a Belli for 2nd trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry deal: Four years, $32M, agent Alex Saratsis tells ESPN.
    I might be incorrect but I think it's an overpay for Seth Curry or it might signal Bryn Forbes is in a bargain deal and will get paid after this upcoming season (by the Spurs or elsewhere).

Bryn Forbes is very comparable and earns a fraction of that. Two seasons ago Seth was better, but then Seth got injured and took a long time to recover. Meanwhile, Bryn Forbes has been healthy and gotten better since then.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a rare gesture rewarding Lou Williams' play and leadership, the Los Angeles Clippers and Sixth Man of the Year have agreed to completely guarantee his $8M salary for 2020-21 a full season ahead, agent Wallace Prather told @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.,

Teams don't typically fully guarantee a season's salary this early. For Williams and the Clippers, it is a win. Williams now has his $2M partial for 2020-21 become fully guaranteed at $8M. He has made clear his happiness in L.A. and is coming off another strong season.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs can use the rest of the mle on Tony Parker right? I guess that's for after they trade Marco but still it's like free money

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs can use the rest of the mle on Tony Parker right? I guess that's for after they trade Marco but still it's like free money

No roster spots. They'd have to just dump Belli, because if they take a player in return there's no place on the roster for Tony.

And I assume you're talking about bringing back Tony for 1 day, so he can retire a Spur. Right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No roster spots. They'd have to just dump Belli, because if they take a player in return there's no place on the roster for Tony.

And I assume you're talking about bringing back Tony for 1 day, so he can retire a Spur. Right?
    I was thinking the same thing. 1 day contract to retire with Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wonder if the league would allow them to sign him, over and above the 15 man limit for that purpose. He is a future HOF'er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This shows the Spurs current roster/contract situation:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs/cap/

I agree that it would be good for Tony to retire as a Spur. A way can be found.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the league would allow them to sign him, over and above the 15 man limit for that purpose. He is a future HOF'er.

They made two extra roster spots in the AS Game this year, for Dirk and Wade. I don't see why not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This shows the Spurs current roster/contract situation:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs/cap/

I agree that it would be good for Tony to retire as a Spur. A way can be found.
    So we sign Caroll with capspace , then rudy with early BR and we still have the room exception ? i'm not sur of that, if someone can confirm that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to package Belinelli and Bertans for a solid reserve 3. That's $13M in salary right there.

Also, what are the chances LAC has any interest in bring DeRozan back home if they strike out on Kawhi and Leonard signs long-term elsewhere?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to package Belinelli and Bertans for a solid reserve 3. That's $13M in salary right there.

Also, what are the chances LAC has any interest in bring DeRozan back home if they strike out on Kawhi and Leonard signs long-term elsewhere?
    we already have that reserve 3 with Caroll imo. I really think he will play a majority of Small Foward position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we already have that reserve 3 with Caroll imo. I really think he will play a majority of Small Foward position.
    From what I have been reading Carroll is more of a 4 at this point in his career and I thought he played the majority of his minutes at the 4 for Brooklyn last year. Something like this would be ideal:

White / Mills
    Murray / Forbes / Walker
    DeRozan / SF via Trade / Johnson
    Carroll / Gay / Samanic
    Aldridge / Poeltl / Eubanks or other Cheap C

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From what I have been reading Carroll is more of a 4 at this point in his career and I thought he played the majority of his minutes at the 4 for Brooklyn last year. Something like this would be ideal:

White / Mills
    Murray / Forbes / Walker
    DeRozan / SF via Trade / Johnson
    Carroll / Gay / Samanic
    Aldridge / Poeltl / Eubanks or other Cheap C
    Yup - I've been wanting this for a while now. It just simply doesn't make sense to have all of Forbes/Beli/Bertans on the roster. If anything, you're just taking minutes away from Lonnie who looks like he's on the verge of being a major contributor this year.

Beli + Bertans for Marvin Williams makes too much sense for both teams. (I don't think we need a pure 3 as Derozan, Carroll, and Lonnie can all play that position in the spurs system). I also think Quindarry has a chance of making the final roster, so my roster ends up looking a lot like yours with me obviously switching Lonnie and Bryn since I think IV is a significantly better player:

Dejounte / Mills / Quindarry
    White / Lonnie / Bryn
    Derozan / Carroll / Keldon
    Marvin WIlliams / Rudy Gay / Samancic
    LMA / Poetl / Eubanks

That's about as good as you're gonna get heading into next season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Carroll is the bench three, it'll only be in a similar situation as Gay was last year where he played there with Bertans. Then I guess it's just up to your preference which position who played. I expect him to at least get a chance to win the starting PF job. That's where his skills are most needed. Pop seems to agree with a number of Spurs fans when it comes to wanting a big, slow lineup with poor spacing if he can get away with it. So there is a chance he goes Murray/DeRozan/Carroll/Aldridge/Poeltl or Murray/White/DeRozan/Aldridge/Poeltl to start the year. But I think the grind of the season will eventually lead him to a Murray(or White)/Forbes/DeRozan/Carroll/Aldridge unit, which has adequate spacing, playmaking and defense, while giving the second unit a combo of players who could lead the league in bench production.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup - I've been wanting this for a while now. It just simply doesn't make sense to have all of Forbes/Beli/Bertans on the roster. If anything, you're just taking minutes away from Lonnie who looks like he's on the verge of being a major contributor this year.

Beli + Bertans for Marvin Williams makes too much sense for both teams. (I don't think we need a pure 3 as Derozan, Carroll, and Lonnie can all play that position in the spurs system). I also think Quindarry has a chance of making the final roster, so my roster ends up looking a lot like yours with me obviously switching Lonnie and Bryn since I think IV is a significantly better player:

Dejounte / Mills / Quindarry
    White / Lonnie / Bryn
    Derozan / Carroll / Keldon
    Marvin WIlliams / Rudy Gay / Samancic
    LMA / Poetl / Eubanks

That's about as good as you're gonna get heading into next season...
    That's a solid enough roster. Gay/Carroll might be able to make it as a bench forward duo. I think Bryn will get time no matter what, though. He's just been too good. I think he'll have a better chance to start than he will to be third string. Still, getting Weatherspoon on a three-year deal would be nice, and they could even do that with Eubanks with the rest of the MLE. I do think Metu will have something to say though. The Spurs gave him two guaranteed years for a reason.

Thread Information