Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2310
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's the other way around. Heat don't want that ridiculous contract.

Yea that contract is ridiculous

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oklahoma needs to sale tickets no way they letting Paul go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs dodged a major bullet when they couldn't sign Chris Paul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs dodged a major bullet when they couldn't sign Chris Paul.
    I think they knew it. CP3 was on record as saying "Spurs never seriously pursued him" or something of that nature. Tony Parker still wanted to start for another 4 years or something at that time. TP and CP3 would've made no sense and Spurs would've never traded him. And yes I agree, bullet dodged.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Oklahoma needs to sale tickets no way they letting Paul go.
    Is CP3 going to be happy with being on a rebuilding team for the remainder of his career. No way. Buyout is the only option for him no team is going to take on his ridiculous contract. Westbrook is the better player now so Houston looked at it like were just upgrading CP3 but still have to overpay a player.

I think they knew it. CP3 was on record as saying "Spurs never seriously pursued him" or something of that nature. Tony Parker still wanted to start for another 4 years or something at that time. TP and CP3 would've made no sense and Spurs would've never traded him. And yes I agree, bullet dodged.
    Pretty sure Spurs would have interest in him now if he gets bought out but he is probably going to one of the LA teams. Yes Spurs dodged a bullet in not signing CP3 to a max deal but if he gets bought out he's worth it still.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is CP3 going to be happy with being on a rebuilding team for the remainder of his career. No way. Buyout is the only option for him no team is going to take on his ridiculous contract. Westbrook is the better player now so Houston looked at it like were just upgrading CP3 but still have to overpay a player.

Pretty sure Spurs would have interest in him now if he gets bought out but he is probably going to one of the LA teams. Yes Spurs dodged a bullet in not signing CP3 to a max deal but if he gets bought out he's worth it still.
    They can't waive him unless he agrees to give up between $40-$50 million on his deal. A team can't carry over 15% if the cap in waived salary on their books under the CBA.

I doubt hes willing to give up that much.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    They can't waive him unless he agrees to give up between $40-$50 million on his deal. A team can't carry over 15% if the cap in waived salary on their books under the CBA.

I doubt hes willing to give up that much.
    yeah, he'd obviously have to give up a lot. i think he would... get out of a contract, still make a decent chunk of change... then sign a small one year deal (while getting more endorsement money with lakers or clippers than he would with okc), then get a more respectable deal after that one year.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i'd be wild about the spurs again if they landed cp3 after him getting bought out. i definitely think he'd go to a contender though.

but cp3 / murray / demar / la / poeltl would be cool. it'd help me get over my disgust for demar and make patty incredibly expendable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who think the president of the players association is going to take a ridiculous buyout to go ringchase is nuts tbh

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i'm trying to rationalize how much of a buyout cp3 would agree to. i could see 35 or 40 but okc has all the power and i guess they would try to top out at 20.

so if he agreed to 25 he'd lose around 95. sign a small one year deal, then 3 for 48? so ultimately lose around 60... but la endorsements (over three years) with possible chips, lose 40?

possible sweetheart deal after that if said chips are won.
    Last edited by gambit1990; 07-15-2019 at 12:20 AM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    meant to edit post above

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    second mess up, disregard

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm trying to rationalize how much of a buyout cp3 would agree to. i could see 35 or 40 but okc has all the power and i guess they would try to top out at 20.

so if he agreed to 25 he'd lose around 95. sign a small one year deal, then 3 for 48? so ultimately lose around 60... but la endorsements (over three years) with possible chips, lose 40?

possible sweetheart deal after that if said chips are won.
    If he agreed to a 25M buyout.... he couldn't be bought out because his remaining salary would still be over 15% of the cap. Unless he gives between 40M and 50M he cant be bought out by rule.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who think the president of the players association is going to take a ridiculous buyout to go ringchase is nuts tbh
    Oh, he certainly would if he could. He completely structured the last CBA to benefit players like himself. He's all about himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like the only good thing CP0 is for nowadays would be the State Farm commercials of years past with Cliff Paul.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is one of my least favorite players of all time. No thanks. I hope he implodes Oklahoma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is one of my least favorite players of all time. No thanks. I hope he implodes Oklahoma.
    My lasting impression of CP3 is him running off the court after losing game 7 vs the NOH without congratulating anyone, including his friend TP. That's kind of him in a nuts .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If CP3 gets a buy out, he's absolutely going to LeBron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should try to match him with Tacho Falls for Lob City 2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he agreed to a 25M buyout.... he couldn't be bought out because his remaining salary would still be over 15% of the cap. Unless he gives between 40M and 50M he cant be bought out by rule.
    Can’t it be stretched over seven years (3*2 +1)? That would get them under 15% assuming he gives a nominal amount back.

I don’t see them doing that though. Not going to pay him to play elsewhere for peanuts.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If CP3 gets a buy out, he's absolutely going to LeBron.
    Banana boats are bonds for life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magette had a what now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. Spurs Geniuses shat on him all over this board, but he wasn't that bad.

Thread Information