Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990919293 LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2310
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dragan Bender has signed with Milwaukee on a two year's deal (x sportando). There goes my second reclamation project (the other one being Stanley Johnson, now with the Raptors on a two years deal with second player option).
    One thing to say is that looks like both contracts are more or less a one year deal for very limited money with some little insurance for the second year...and that's not what I wanted the Spurs to sign them for (at least three year deals with no player but team options every year or at least after year two)...
    These two are, imho, clear examples of mismanagement by the player's themselves and their agents...because the talent of both these guys is obvious but so are their weaknesses that are really big at an nba level and for fixing them you absolutely need, other than your will and committment to improve :
    a) a good training and coaching staff;
    b) a lot of training time and a good, reliable and stable environment for training and, finally
    c) as much playing time as you can after the first one/two seasons spent in learning and developing...

As of now looks they both are gonna be a waste of nba talent because, as of now, they are not playable for long stratches except for same special teams opportunities...and the money and lenght of their contracts means they are not gonna be played a lot nor they are gonna be trained and coached (except something exceptional happens) after their first season. In few words these contracts are boom or bust in a short period of time ...aka contracts made for veterans with quite a last chance to secceed, not contracts for some developmental project. Imho that's the way, in a 80% of cases, to take these young and lottery talented players out of nba.
    Losing a big time young talent just because you're so blind and dumb that you don't understand that, also if you are talented, becoming an nba player of good level takes time and its a process it's, imho, inexcusable by player's agents but also by players themselves that have to learn to make better choices and have a long term plan for their future...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes looks like he beefed up a bit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes looks like he beefed up a bit.

I honestly think Forbes is still improving and gaining a type confidence where he’s gonna be extremely effective on offense. He will still have a big role on the team. But even tho I have a feeling Bryn is gonna be really good this season, i just wish we could cut all of Patty’s minutes because I still don’t want them on the floor at the same time. Because it would hurt the defense and defeat the purpose of Bryn’s improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop probably plans on him guarding those wings in the West

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has great forms though. Among the 3pt shooters, he has the best upsides if he can defend better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klutch being willing to agree to an extension in lieu of their client testing the market is really good for the Spurs. If they are confident Murray's healed, locking DeJounte up now is a good move. Only way it's not is if the Spurs were seriously going after cap space next summer and trade Gay and/or Mills this year. There's no point in extending if it's near $20 Million APY. But $60M-70M? Maybe they'll do that and not pull a Noel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60/4 or 70/5?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can only get a five-year deal if it starts at the max. I was thinking $60M/4 would be a very nice extension, but even $10 Million more would be acceptable for me. I've said multiple times that I think Murray is likely to get around $100M/4 if he's anywhere near good enough to justify the hope surrounding him. I don't want to get into here, but the Spurs seem to love him enough to go that high, so getting him for way lower than that is worth losing a small chance the team plays free agency next summer.

I wouldn't extend him for anything more than $72 Million over four years unless there are some non-guarantees/incentives. There's very little upside at that point. It's really hard to see him becoming a $170M/5 guy, but he does, you just suck it up and pay the price then. With the injury and having DeRozan, Aldriridge, White and Gay in front of him, it's hard to see Murray making more than $110M-120M (and even that's more likely to be over five years than four).
    Last edited by Chinook; 08-04-2019 at 12:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dang

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew the Spurs and Pacers were dead last in the NBA in 3-point attempts, but did you know the Spurs were last in shots within three feet of the rim?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew the Spurs and Pacers were dead last in the NBA in 3-point attempts, but did you know the Spurs were last in shots within three feet of the rim?
    I did not know that.

Do you know what would help us know that?

Some kind of source or link.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs should have went after him, they are very thin at the center position

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did not know that.

Do you know what would help us know that?

Some kind of source or link.
    Found it in this article. https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/r...bove-the-rest/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's rather amazing that Pop made that into a top-7 offense.

It's also bull that the author dismisses the Spurs' offense as anachronistic when it was better than that of 23 other teams. He has that all too common bias that an offense that doesn't fit what a good NBA offense "should be" cannot possibly be good, even when the evidence makes a liar of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting article. Thanks

Call me an optimist, but I feel like lumping us with the Pacers, Heat, and Raptors is a stretch, even in the stacked West.

I guess we are officially under the radar again...and that's fine, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should have went after him, they are very thin at the center position

No. Even the Lakers are going into this with pull cord in case they need to jettison Howard at any time.

Pop would probably put Dwight Howard down behind practice facility.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting article. Thanks

Call me an optimist, but I feel like lumping us with the Pacers, Heat, and Raptors is a stretch, even in the stacked West.

I guess we are officially under the radar again...and that's fine, tbh.
    These weren't le favorite or power rankings, but rankings of which teams are best built to perform in the postseason once they get there. That makes the two lowest tiers easy because those teams almost certainly won't even make the playoffs.

Judging by the criteria the author set, rankings the Spurs in that tier is fair. DeRozan is a good one-on-one shot creator, but the Spurs' wing depth is subpar etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know when training camp starts?

Edit: Never mind. Looks like the 24 teams not participating in the world games will all begin October 1st. https://in.nba.com/news/when-do-nba-...21kul43s2lzpjh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information