Page 1 of 93 123451151 ... LastLast
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are too slow, un-athletic and our obsession with the midrange shooting combined with a low volume on 3’s is a death knel in the modern NBA

If Pop is serious about not being first round fodder year in and year out then half the roster needs to go.
    Last edited by Amuseddaysleeper; 04-21-2019 at 12:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    honestly this team and every member of the FO that has enabled it. patty mills, Rudy gay. pop. Re should retire

5 rings with no superteam Jay.From.NbTx's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea they gave us a little hope stealing game one in Denver. Spurs actually looked like the better team but as usual the Spurs find a way to choke and beat themselves.. sigh ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and here I thought this “team” would actually make the WCF. what a ing joke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are too slow, un-athletic and our obsession with the midrange shooting combined with a low volume on 3’s is a death kneel in the modern NBA

If Pop is serious about not being first round fodder year in and year out then half the roster needs to go.
    Again 1st: this ing site blows in how it loads. Garbage. Jesus...
    This is the Savers of ing sites.

Gross.

You know what?
    my point.
    This is stupid.

ing site is cheap chicken strips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully moving Beli so Lonnie gets his minutes.

Don't re-sign Gay.

DJ replacing Patty's spot next season. Pop's gonna just bring back this same core for the most part next year so I expect no dramatic changes anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This off-season
    -sign Rudy for the same deal. Ask him to have more of a mentor role for...
    -use a draft pick on Grant Williams. Groom him to become the SF of the future
    -use the second draft pick on Thybulle. This team needs defense in a bad way.
    -Trade Forbes while his value is still high. Dude is failing miserably in the playoffs
    -If neither Marco or Mills are being traded, notify them their minutes are going down to be given to Lonnie and one of the draftees
    -Convince either Murray or White to come off the bench. We need defense for all 48 minutes.

PG: Dejounte/ White/ Mills
    SG: DeMar/ Lonnie/ Thybulle
    SF: Williams/ Gay/ Marco
    PF: Aldridge/ Bertans/ Metu
    C: Poetl/ Motiejunas/ Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This off-season
    -sign Rudy for the same deal. ...
    No. Rudy's health won't hold up anymore. Bad feet. Let him go.

-use a draft pick on Grant Williams. Groom him to become the SF of the future
    It's going on TWO YEARS since the time the Spurs should have gotten TWO serviceable small forwards on the roster. Even when Leonard was here he needed backup. Williams or whoever, the need for a "real" small forward is desperate. Actually two.

-use the second draft pick on Thybulle.
    No. Too short. Need a player capable of being power forward.

This team needs defense in a bad way.
    All too true.

-Trade Forbes while his value is still high.
    No. For the reason you can't replace him for the same price. But he needs to be on a roster where his shooting specialty is the focus, without so much need for him to be more.

-If neither Marco or Mills are being traded,
    They both need to go. If we're building a good team they both just need to go.

-Convince either Murray or White to come off the bench.
    Lol. You don't have an argument with them, you just damn well tell them. Don't talk like a snowflake. You look at them both during camp and preseason, and the one who does better gets the start at pg. You tell him he'll start, and tell the other he'll sit (or move to sg.) Simple as that. It isn't a debate.

Guard position looks okay for next year, presuming health.

The forward positions need help. Lotta help. Need at least 3 guys who can play sf, real sf, not a converted sg, with at least one of them able to play pf also.

3 forwards. Is that too much to ask?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please God no Rudy Gay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Rudy's health won't hold up anymore. Bad feet. Let him go.

It's going on TWO YEARS since the time the Spurs should have gotten TWO serviceable small forwards on the roster. Even when Leonard was here he needed backup. Williams or whoever, the need for a "real" small forward is desperate. Actually two.

No. Too short. Need a player capable of being power forward.

All too true.

No. For the reason you can't replace him for the same price. But he needs to be on a roster where his shooting specialty is the focus, without so much need for him to be more.

They both need to go. If we're building a good team they both just need to go.

Lol. You don't have an argument with them, you just damn well tell them. Don't talk like a snowflake. You look at them both during camp and preseason, and the one who does better gets the start at pg. You tell him he'll start, and tell the other he'll sit (or move to sg.) Simple as that. It isn't a debate.

Guard position looks okay for next year, presuming health.

The forward positions need help. Lotta help. Need at least 3 guys who can play sf, real sf, not a converted sg, with at least one of them able to play pf also.

3 forwards. Is that too much to ask?
    Plenty of choices...
    Chuma Okeke
    Rui Hachimura
    Grant Williams
    KZ Okpala
    Brandon Clarke

One of these guys should fall...and they're all great for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plenty of choices...
    Chuma Okeke
    Rui Hachimura
    Grant Williams
    KZ Okpala
    Brandon Clarke

One of these guys should fall...and they're all great for us.
    I've got my fingers crossed.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are too slow, un-athletic and our obsession with the midrange shooting combined with a low volume on 3’s is a death kneel in the modern NBA

Not just midrange shooting, but contested long twos. It's the most inefficient shot in the game apart from shooting from nearly half-court or farther. I'm good with a wide open 15 footer that has been properly set up. But not the jab-step, fadeway with a hand in the face variety, which is De got DeFrozen's favorite shot. He thinks he's Kobe or something. No, that's a terrible shot, and only the Kobe's and Durant's of the world should ever be shooting those.

Too many of these guys grew up with Kobe, McGrady, Iverson, Carter etc as their favorite player and they all made their living on the long fadeway 2-pointer. I think next generation will be different because everyone in middle school and high school now wants to be the next Curry instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully moving Beli so Lonnie gets his minutes.

Don't re-sign Gay.

DJ replacing Patty's spot next season. Pop's gonna just bring back this same core for the most part next year so I expect no dramatic changes anyway.
    Patty goes, Gay goes and we bring back Kawhi Leonard, that's the ideal offseason.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Not just midrange shooting, but contested long twos. It's the most inefficient shot in the game apart from shooting from nearly half-court or farther. I'm good with a wide open 15 footer that has been properly set up. But not the jab-step, fadeway with a hand in the face variety, which is De got DeFrozen's favorite shot. He thinks he's Kobe or something. No, that's a terrible shot, and only the Kobe's and Durant's of the world should ever be shooting those.

Too many of these guys grew up with Kobe, McGrady, Iverson, Carter etc as their favorite player and they all made their living on the long fadeway 2-pointer. I think next generation will be different because everyone in middle school and high school now wants to be the next Curry instead.
    Kobe had a cancerous influence on the game for sure. Thankfully, those one-way Kobe/Carmelo/Iverson type players are all mostly phased out of the league. Unfortunately, Spurs are still stuck with Demar for two more years. We better not bring back Gay either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe had a cancerous influence on the game for sure. Thankfully, those one-way Kobe/Carmelo/Iverson type players are all mostly phased out of the league. Unfortunately, Spurs are still stuck with Demar for two more years. We better not bring back Gay either.
    DeRozan is such a late 90s/early 00s type of player like that... we can always trade De got and Mills for a pick and bring back Kawhi... in fact we really need to.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is such a late 90s/early 00s type of player like that... we can always trade De got and Mills for a pick and bring back Kawhi... in fact we really need to.

If you'll agree to have a vasectomy, I'll pay for it - on the condition that you haven't already spawned offspring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you'll agree to have a vasectomy, I'll pay for it - on the condition that you haven't already spawned offspring.
    The full price or the price after insurance (assuming I have insurance, which is a maybe maybe not proposition)?

I don't get what your beef with Kawhi is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We do not want Leonard back. It isn't something that needs to be explained.

It's one of those things that the answer is just, no.

No.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The full price or the price after insurance (assuming I have insurance, which is a maybe maybe not proposition)?

I don't get what your beef with Kawhi is.
    No beef with Kawhi as a player. (I don't like the way he handled things, but that's different.) He's just not coming back. And trading Mills and DDR for a pick? Nobody cleared enough cap space to absorb those two salaries so that they could sign DDR and Patty.

My beef is that neither of the things you suggested can happen in the real world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Integrating Lonnie into the rotation. Hoping that Murray and White can coexist effectively as the starting backcourt. Trade Mills, limit Marco's minutes. Finding a capable 3rd big and SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Integrating Lonnie into the rotation. Hoping that Murray and White can coexist effectively as the starting backcourt. Trade Mills, limit Marco's minutes. Finding a capable 3rd big and SF.
    Kawhiiiiiiii come home!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? He still can’t wipe his Ass but don’t worry Daboom and the gang are all over that for him.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The young core of Murray, White, Walker looking good. Excited to see if they can add a fourth young blue chip diamond in the rough at 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just out of curiosity what kind of trade value could DeMar or LA bring? I don’t necessarily want to trade them but next season I don’t know if we can have both of them plus our young guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs, if my math is correct, have a path to having some cap space. Basically, it would be letting go of all players that are going to be FA (including Rudy), picking up all the options (White, Murray & Jakob) and then trading Mills with no salary back.

If they did that, they would have about 15M in cap space I believe. Losing Mills shouldn’t be an issue with Lonnie/Murray in the fold and they would have 15M (in addition to being able to keep their 2 first round picks on the books) to replace Rudy.

So it would be this years team less Mills & Rudy, but adding Lonnie, Murray, 2 first round picks and a player for 15M APY.

Thread Information