Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293 LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2310
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Sabonis, but maybe the better move is to make him an offer sheet next summer.

Who knows, Spurs roster could be way different next year if LMA and DDR move on. Then there is the whole, who to pay big money to long term among Murray, White, and Walker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Sabonis here but I don't see him with LMA long term. If we get him I think we definitely move off of LMA next summer. Then consider the fit with Poeltl and Samanic. If Poeltl is a long term backup center then maybe it works but, I think the plan is to resign Poeltl and eventually have Samanic eventually start alongside him. Poeltl will cost less than sabonis and that will make a difference when it comes to keeping our backcourt down the line.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sabonis would be great, however it is going to be difficult as it is to retain Murray, Forbes, & Poeltl. A larger contract like Mills, Rudy, Aldridge, or DeRozan would have to be moved to support a trade. A three team trade would be the way to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why in the name of god would the Spurs do this trade

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Sabonis here but I don't see him with LMA long term. If we get him I think we definitely move off of LMA next summer. Then consider the fit with Poeltl and Samanic. If Poeltl is a long term backup center then maybe it works but, I think the plan is to resign Poeltl and eventually have Samanic eventually start alongside him. Poeltl will cost less than sabonis and that will make a difference when it comes to keeping our backcourt down the line.
    Do you see LMA here after this year? The way that last year is structure feels like that is “send off” money.

Feels like a Sabonis<>White swap makes both sense for both sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a SF/PF not a PF/C.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why in the name of god would the Spurs do this trade
    to get the significant best player in the trade!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a SF/PF not a PF/C.
    If this were last year, I’d agree. The team should be honest with where it is now: a period of transition where they should be looking for the best talent that fits the system. They need to be thinking about a LMA replacement, and consolidating their guard assets to get a long term impact wing player (I’m partial to someone like Jaylen Brown, but I’m sure there are others that could fit the bill).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you see LMA here after this year? The way that last year is structure feels like that is “send off” money.

Feels like a Sabonis<>White swap makes both sense for both sides.
    If LMA has a good year I think we exercise our option to retain him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LMA has a good year I think we exercise our option to retain him.
    LMA's game should age well. He could still be a power for 3 more years or so.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA's game should age well. He could still be a power for 3 more years or so.
    his strength is his size and shooting so I agree 100%. he can bully and get his shot off any time he wants. I can see him and the Spurs mutually agree to part ways to he can le chase but the youngins may show enough promise to keep him around long term. He's grown a lot on me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his strength is his size and shooting so I agree 100%. he can bully and get his shot off any time he wants. I can see him and the Spurs mutually agree to part ways to he can le chase but the youngins may show enough promise to keep him around long term. He's grown a lot on me.
    I disagree. He could bully, but he choses to do so infrequently. On top of that, his preferred shot is a turnaround fadeaway from +/- 18 ft. that almost anybody can get off. That is one of the least efficient shots I can think of. I don't expect his prowess with that shot to stay with him as he ages. Then he will be forced to change his game in a way that he has resisted his entire career. I do not see Pop's being willing to part with him. Nor do I think he has the compe ive fire or burning desire to win a championship that will compel him to seek a trade. I think he is complacent and Pop is willing to indulge his complacency. Pop said he would walk away when Tim did; I believe his new plan is to walk away when LMA does... unless...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this were last year, I’d agree. The team should be honest with where it is now: a period of transition where they should be looking for the best talent that fits the system. They need to be thinking about a LMA replacement, and consolidating their guard assets to get a long term impact wing player (I’m partial to someone like Jaylen Brown, but I’m sure there are others that could fit the bill).
    I don't really disagree with you. I would embrace Sabonis, but not alongside LMA and Poodle. Just replacing LMA or Poodle with Sabonis won't really make much short-term difference. If we brought in Sabonis, we would still need a serious upgrade at SF. I like Jaylen Brown, too. I just don't see us making a deal to acquire him, and while I am not convinced SA cannot sign high caliber FAs, it really remains to be seen (aside from the LMA signing).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is a top 25 player in the league while having the 40th highest salary, averages 21 and 9 on 52% shooting, made the All-Star team and is one of the best rim protectors in the NBA, yet Spurs fans still hate him. Makes no damn sense. Players like Sabonis can't protect the rim like LA does.
    He took over Duncan's defensive presence as the rim protector and never gets credit for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is a top 25 player in the league while having the 40th highest salary, earning less than Marc Gasol, Steven Adams and Capela, averages 21 and 9 on 52% shooting, made the All-Star team and is one of the best rim protectors in the NBA, yet Spurs fans still hate him. Makes no damn sense. Players like Sabonis can't protect the rim like LA does.
    He took over Duncan's defensive presence as the rim protector and never gets credit for it.
    I agree with this. And 2 years ago he dragged us into the playoffs while Kawhi was wanking in NY. He has his flaws and personality quirks, but he's really underrated on ST. We in essence traded a washed-up Tiago Splitter for him and he's given us 3 All-Star years, and been the team's best player the last two years. It's not like we sacrificed a lot to get him and then he disappointed.
    Last edited by BillMc; 10-19-2019 at 11:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sabonis smart and style of post game reminds me Tim Duncan, he just not as long, but it's still a thing of beauty and I like to have him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Sabonis over Aldridge?

Y’all are like a 53 year old man tired of old trusty wife and ty young pretty trash seems like a better deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t disagree that LMA is the better player right now. I also think it would be foolish for the Spurs not to explore options if they flounder earlier and/or another team is looking for the “missing piece” (e.g., Blazers, Heat). Let’s be honest, Spurs are effectively in a transition period anyway and face tough choice on LMA and DDR next summer.

For example, the “Love to Blazers” rumblings are out there as a trade that could happen if blazers struggle out the gate. I don’t see why a LMA reunion isn’t equally plausible. Spurs would likely have to take back (and immediately waive) Whiteside but should be able to extract some future value (e.g., Nasir Little and a pick).

Or they could do something like this with picks coming to the Spurs:
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5eq8qd9

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re a moron

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with this. And 2 years ago he dragged us into the playoffs while Kawhi was wanking in NY. He has his flaws and personality quirks, but he's really underrated on ST. We in essence traded a washed-up Tiago Splitter for him and he's given us 3 All-Star years, and been the team's best player the last two years. It's not like we sacrificed a lot to get him and then he disappointed.

don’t forget he signed a VERY friendly team extension. VERY friendly.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the other guys I really wanted the Spurs to sign this offseason was Darius Miller. He wound up re-siging with the Pels. I didn't keep up on news, but I noticed he wasn't on the roster tonight. Just a few days after NO re-signed him, he ruptured an Achilles playing 3-on-3, and the team wound up getting a disabled player exception.

I just hope the Spurs stay relatively healthy this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is a top 25 player in the league while having the 40th highest salary, averages 21 and 9 on 52% shooting, made the All-Star team and is one of the best rim protectors in the NBA, yet Spurs fans still hate him. Makes no damn sense. Players like Sabonis can't protect the rim like LA does.
    I think its more because he shrinks under pressure, and it seems like basketball is just a job to him and not a passion as it was with TD/Manu. He lacks fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think its more because he shrinks under pressure, and it seems like basketball is just a job to him and not a passion as it was with TD/Manu. He lacks fire.
    true, but comparing him to the best player who ever played at his position is unfair. Besides big men are a lot easier to defend through double teams than perimeter players. People say AD is the best big in the game, but last time I checked he couldn't carry his team into the postseason. People criticize Aldridge for his shot selection when he shot 53% on contested jumpers. Makes no damn sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true, but comparing him to the best player who ever played at his position is unfair. Besides big men are a lot easier to defend through double teams than perimeter players. People say AD is the best big in the game, but last time I checked he couldn't carry his team into the postseason. People criticize Aldridge for his shot selection when he shot 53% on contested jumpers. Makes no damn sense
    Only comparing because he essentially replaced him

Thread Information