My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For many of the local, state, and federal politicians who recited the COVID-19 lockdown mantra “we are all in this together” as they urged Americans for more than a year to stay home, wear masks, and maintain six feet of distance, “we” really meant “you.”

Time and time again, many of the same Democratic lawmakers who imposed the strictest coronavirus rules on their cons uents ended up unable to follow the regulations themselves.

Here are some of the leaders who’ve issued a mea culpa for ignoring their own virus protocols:

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer

Whitmer, a high-profile Democrat who last summer was rumored as a potential running mate for then-presidential candidate Joe Biden, seemed to forget that, despite updated CDC guidelines, restaurants and bars in her state are still following capacity limits and social distancing.

Whitmer issued a formal apology on Sunday after a photograph of her in a crowd of unmasked people at an East Lansing restaurant circulated on social media.

According to the Detroit Free Press, the photo, which was briefly posted on social media by one of the attendees before being removed, showed Whitmer seated with about a dozen people spread across a few tables that had been pushed together.

The state’s current coronavirus guidelines mandate that no more than six people be seated at a table and tables must be spaced six feet apart.

Whitmer has maintained some of the most stringent lockdown restrictions for her state, even as many other governors have lifted virus-imposed health mandates.

"Throughout the pandemic, I've been committed to following public health protocols," Whitmer said in her statement Sunday. "Yesterday, I went with friends to a local restaurant. As more people arrived, the tables were pushed together. Because we were all vaccinated, we didn't stop to think about it.”

She added: "In retrospect, I should have thought about it. I am human. I made a mistake, and I apologize.”

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot

Lightfoot told MSNBC she wasn’t ready to ditch her mask despite CDC guidance permitting vaccinated Americans to go unmasked.

During the Democrat mayor’s May 17 appearance, she claimed that she would continue wearing a mask in public and encourage others to do so as well.

Yet less than a week after vowing to keep her mask on, she was spotted in a crowd without a mask.

This isn’t the first time the Chicago mayor has been caught flouting virus protocols. She was part of a crowd that gathered in the street to celebrate Biden’s presidential victory – even though she banned mass gatherings.

In April 2020, she was also photographed getting a haircut even though barbers and hair stylists were ordered shut down under the state’s stay-at-home order.

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi

Pelosi, D-Calif., has unilaterally decided that no member of the lower chamber is allowed to remove their mask until all members and floor staffers are vaccinated.

Even lawmakers who are vaccinated must comply with the mask mandate or face a $500 fine per offense.

Her uncompromising requirements are still in place even after the CDC rolled back its federal mask rules and declared that vaccinated people can ditch their masks for the most part. Senate leaders have allowed vaccinated lawmakers to stop covering their faces.

But Pelosi seemed to forget her own rule while attending the signing of the COVID-19 Hate Crimes Act, which deals specifically with hate crimes against Asian and Pacific Islander Americans. She was filmed walking through the East Room of the White House, hugging lawmakers and other officials without a mask on.

"Despite fining House members who don't wear masks, Nancy Pelosi wears no mask while walking through a maskless crowd," the official account for the Republican National Committee research team tweeted.

Pelosi has previously bucked the rules. In September, she was also labeled a hypocrite after visiting a San Francisco salon for a hair appointment even though local guidelines prohibited the salon from operating at the time.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom

Newsom tossed his stay-at-home order and social distancing rules out when the Democrat was caught dining with a group of 10 people at the upscale French Laundry restaurant in Napa Valley in November.

The indoor dinner party at the 3-star Michelin restaurant featured members of different households sitting in close proximity without masks.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the Nov. 6 meal involved 12 people from different households, which violated the state’s rules limiting gatherings to people from no more than 3 different households.

Newsom later apologized for attending the event.

"While our family followed the restaurant's health protocols and took safety precautions, we should have modeled better behavior and not joined the dinner," he said in a statement.

San Francisco Mayor London Breed

Days after Newsom was caught dining at the French Laundry, Breed was spotted eating out with a group of people there.

While the Democrat didn’t violate any state or county health guidelines, she was blasted as a hypocrite for attending the upscale birthday party while pleading with residents to stay home.

"We all need to do our part, now more than ever, to stop the spread of COVID-19," Breed tweeted on Nov. 28. "That means doubling down on the things we've all been doing: wearing a mask, keeping your distance from others, not gathering with people outside your household, and washing your hands frequently."

She responded to an opinion piece, which slammed her for flouting her own guidance, and said the critique was valid.

"This criticism is fair. It doesn't matter whether something is technically allowed or not — I need to hold myself to a higher standard and I will do better," Breed tweeted in response to a Chronicle op-ed.

San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo

Liccardo had a tough time limiting the guest list at his Thanksgiving dinner.

While California’s regulations limited indoor gatherings to 3 households, the Democrat attended a gathering that had 8 people from 5 separate households.

Yet, he had urged people to cancel “big gatherings” for the holiday on Twitter.

Liccardo issued an apology for the dinner, which took place at his parents’ outdoor patio.

“I understand that the state regulations, issued on November 13th, limit the number of households at a private gathering to 3. I apologize for my decision to gather contrary to state rules, by attending this Thanksgiving meal with my family,” the mayor said. “I understand my obligation as a public official to provide exemplary compliance with the public health orders, and certainly not to ignore them. I commit to do better.”

Sen. Dianne Feinstein

Feinstein, D-Cali., who at one point wanted to tie federal aid to state mask mandates has been found maskless on multiple occasions during the past year.

In late September, she was seen without a mask at Dulles International Airport in Washington, D.C., even though 3 months earlier she had called for mask mandates for airlines and public transit.

In October, a maskless Feinstein was seen at Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court confirmation hearing hugging Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Then, in November, she was spotted not wearing a mask in the Senate’s hallways after a hearing.

Austin Mayor Steve Adler

Steve Adler, the Democratic mayor of Austin, Texas, pleaded with residents to stay home in a Facebook video recorded Nov. 9.

What viewers may not have realized is that he was addressing his cons uents from a vacation he was taking in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, according to the Austin American-Statesman.

"We need to stay home if you can, do everything you can to keep the numbers down. This is not the time to relax. We are going to be looking really closely," Adler said in the video. "We may have to close things down if we are not careful."

According to media outlets, he flew to Mexico on a private jet with seven other people. A day before the trip, he hosted a wedding for his daughter with 20 attendees, which exceeded the city’s recommendation that no more than 10 people gather in a group.

He told the Statesman that he didn’t violate any COVID-19 restrictions in hosting the wedding or traveling.

"There was no recommendation for people not to travel during that period of time," Adler told the Statesman. "Someone could look at me and say, 'He traveled.' But what they could not say is that I traveled at a time when I was telling other people not to travel."

Denver Mayor Michael Han

Han also couldn’t resist the urge to travel over the Thanksgiving holiday despite telling his cons uents to stay home.

Local media outlets reported that the Democrat flew to Mississippi to spend the holiday with his daughter and wife.

Before he took off, his official Twitter account tweeted that Denver residents should “host virtual gatherings instead of in-person dinners” and advised to “avoid travel, if you can.”

He then issued a statement apologizing for his own travel plans.

"I recognize that my decision has disappointed many who believe it would have been better to spend Thanksgiving alone," he said in a statement. "As a public official, whose conduct is rightly scrutinized for the message it sends to others, I apologize to the residents of Denver who see my decision as conflicting with the guidance to stay at home for all but essential travel. I made my decision as a husband and father, and for those who are angry and disappointed, I humbly ask you to forgive decisions that are borne of my heart and not my head."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you summarize?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moot.

They're all vaccinated now.

Freedom.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Michigan goes red again, it can 100% be placed at the feet of Whitmer and her nonstop screw ups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moot.

They're all vaccinated now.

Freedom.
    Make the new rule then
    What they would require work

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Michigan goes red again, it can 100% be placed at the feet of Whitmer and her nonstop screw ups.
    Oh yeah it will and I know a lot of people in a lot of parts of the states and she's loathed. She was elected because she promised to "fix the Michigan roads, not just the highways" and she reneged on that after getting elected by saying they'd only do it with a 25-50 cent gas tax hike, which Michiganders are vehemently against.

The average Michigander is more or less libertarian, pro-weed, pro-choice, pro-lgbtq+ rights etc, but definitely pro-gun and pro-freedom and limited government, love to hunt and fish and eat meat, they're definitely not west coast hippie types.

The average national political poll or media outlet doesn't know a DAMN thing about Michigan, except for maybe inner Detroit. The youtube videos out there from channels like "Let's Talk Elections" automatically painting Michigan blue because of past voting patterns before 2016, don't know a damn thing about the state and its people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huge W for ducks!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make the new rule then
    What they would require work
    My new rule is you have to make sense from now on.

Get to it.

Thread Information