Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Please list Trump's bad decisions."

List them - let's see what YOU and pgardn have. I also forgot to add the whopper to my (what is the alternative) list above - FREE healthcare for ILLEGALS so that US becomes even MORE of a magnet for the rest of the world.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please list Trump's bad decisions. Seems to me that we have jobs/low unemployment, 3.1 GDP and a booming stock market - I think most people usually vote their pocketbook but one never knows - obviously the Trump HATE is HIGH.
    Not in any order and ONE of the most important.
    Then you comment on each after I post.

1. We have a fantastic health care plan, the best health care plan. So instead of fixing Obamacare we get rid of it and replace it with our own. He decides he WILL NOT take on health care in any sustainable way. Health care has gotten worse. While he had the House, he decided to pass on his biggest promise.

Your comments. Then I will blast you out of the water and continue down the line.
    Go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    List anything that Trash has done right, then everything else he has done wrong, his entire ing life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will also list his bold faced lies that then lead to bad decisions.
    You will comment on each.
    Last edited by pgardn; 07-07-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not in any order and ONE of the most important.
    Then you comment on each after I post.

1. We have a fantastic health care plan, the best health care plan. So instead of fixing Obamacare we get rid of it and replace it with our own. He decides he WILL NOT take on health care in any sustainable way. Health care has gotten worse. While he had the House, he decided to pass on his biggest promise.

Your comments. Then I will blast you out of the water and continue down the line.
    Go.
    Oh no, you don't. YOU are the one who mentioned his bad decisionS. It's on you to list THEM. Not this single one - which was never his biggest promise - which I believe would be a tie between immigration and the economy. He decided to concentrate on the economy - knowing that is usually the biggest determinant in getting re-elected - and so far, it has worked - the deregulations, tax cut and working on trade pacts with China/Mexico, Canada, etc has brought a strong economy, low unemployment and high consumer confidence.

And please don't get me started on Obamacare. The very premise of its 10 essential benefits that every policy must have regardless of whether one can use it or not - is part of what blows cost out of the water. Why do you say that health care as gotten worse? Obamacare (as it was) robs the young (most of you on this board) to pay for the old and sick (me). Not having to pay the penalty and being able to buy short-term policies has been a relief to a lot of people who don't need/want to be paying the absurd premiums on the Obamacare website.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    List anything that Trash has done right, then everything else he has done wrong, his entire ing life.
    Don't try to turn this on me, bou. Pgardn is the one who stated Trump made bad decisionS. It's not up to me to list what Trump has done right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will also list his bold faced lies that then lead to bad decisions.
    You will comment on each.
    Go ahead and list his lies (like other presidents don't also lie). I'd like to see any of his lies (like there were x hundreds of thousands at my inauguration) that carried the consequences and affected lives like Obama's "If you like your doctor, you'll get to keep your doctor. If you like your plan, you'll get to keep your plan."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh no, you don't. YOU are the one who mentioned his bad decisionS. It's on you to list THEM. Not this single one - which was never his biggest promise - which I believe would be a tie between immigration and the economy. He decided to concentrate on the economy - knowing that is usually the biggest determinant in getting re-elected - and so far, it has worked - the deregulations, tax cut and working on trade pacts with China/Mexico, Canada, etc has brought a strong economy, low unemployment and high consumer confidence.

And please don't get me started on Obamacare. The very premise of its 10 essential benefits that every policy must have regardless of whether one can use it or not - is part of what blows cost out of the water. Why do you say that health care as gotten worse? Obamacare (as it was) robs the young (most of you on this board) to pay for the old and sick (me). Not having to pay the penalty and being able to buy short-term policies has been a relief to a lot of people who don't need/want to be paying the absurd premiums on the Obamacare website.
    Did he not decide to take on health care?
    He said he was. Then he quit.

Dont be a sniveling .
    Did this board turn you into that?
    Take your medicine, don’t wimp out like other ignorant posters here.

Repeal and Replace. That was His decision. He did not fix what could have been fixed. That was his decision. You think you can separate this and you are being highly disingenuous because you trapped yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please now admit he has done nothing to effective lower costs by deciding to only repeal.

And then we will move along a GIANT list of decisions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go ahead and list his lies (like other presidents don't also lie). I'd like to see any of his lies (like there were x hundreds of thousands at my inauguration) that carried the consequences and affected lives like Obama's "If you like your doctor, you'll get to keep your doctor. If you like your plan, you'll get to keep your plan."
    Oh, now everybody does it.... good stuff.

You are so sad.
    Not even close to his scale and straight into a camera. Just like Blowjob Clinton, except every other day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next, infrastructure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he not decide to take on health care?
    He said he was. Then he quit.

Dont be a sniveling .
    Did this board turn you into that?
    Take your medicine, don’t wimp out like other ignorant posters here.

Repeal and Replace. That was His decision. He did not fix what could have been fixed. That was his decision. You think you can separate this and you are being highly disingenuous because you trapped yourself.
    I don't blame Trump on health care - at least he tried. I blame McCain and his thumbs down - talk about vindictive whatever the masculine version of the bolded is.

And if you think that Medicare for All is the solution, please think again. If seniors have contributed their entire working life and tap into Medicare at age 65 and this government-run system is still in trouble (89%? of benefits in 7 years), why would ANYONE think that government-run healthcare for EVERYONE (including illegals) from BIRTH on would work? Does that make sense to you? It doesn't to me.

This board didn't turn me into anything - time AWAY from this board and its constant bickering and negativity is excellent for overall mental and emotional well-being. Try it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please now admit he has done nothing to effective lower costs by deciding to only repeal.

And then we will move along a GIANT list of decisions.
    Trump has gotten rid of the individual mandate - that has lowered costs for those who CHOOSE not to get health care. Trump has made short-term plans legal - that has lowered costs for those who don't WANT/NEED full-blown Obamacare plans (with their high premiums and deductibles).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't blame Trump on health care - at least he tried. I blame McCain and his thumbs down - talk about vindictive whatever the masculine version of the bolded is.

And if you think that Medicare for All is the solution, please think again. If seniors have contributed their entire working life and tap into Medicare at age 65 and this government-run system is still in trouble (89%? of benefits in 7 years), why would ANYONE think that government-run healthcare for EVERYONE (including illegals) from BIRTH on would work? Does that make sense to you? It doesn't to me.

This board didn't turn me into anything - time AWAY from this board and its constant bickering and negativity is excellent for overall mental and emotional well-being. Try it.
    So you know how much I visit this board? Time wise?
    Tell me.

And I retract the b word but you were at least one person who worked for a campaign and actually took part in the process of showing that a democratic process can elect an idiot.

I said nothing about medicare etc... Your man and the red team had a plan.
    But they lied and did not. Instead of working to fix it they ditched the whole thing and just worked on destroying.
    Now its worse.
    I think older folks need to get back into some sort of work if they can. Preferably charity if they can. Thats my first thought on health for those that still have it and are old.
    But the granny DJ commercials inhibit that. They are told they need to be lying on some beach drinking stuff with paper umbrellas adorning it.

Now off to ride and then kayak with the dog.
    You should try exercising. (See I can pretend I know and dont know what you do.)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next, infrastructure.
    Wait a minute. You did not state how health care has gotten worse.

Health care has gotten worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait a minute. You did not state how health care has gotten worse.
    Costs are still out of control.
    One small example. My dad has no idea what his drug plan will be month to month.
    There is no way for him to plan a budget with the drug market wildly changing costs at a moments notice, no reason, no nothing.

I will continue with even more if you want after I return.
    Start researching infrastructure since you dont accept one answer and either will I because its an ENORMOUS list.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC: 1.1 million more Americans lost health insurance coverage in 2018

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...18/1140304001/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you know how much I visit this board? Time wise?
    Tell me.

And I retract the b word but you were at least one person who worked for a campaign and actually took part in the process of showing that a democratic process can elect an idiot.

I said nothing about medicare etc... Your man and the red team had a plan.
    But they lied and did not. Instead of working to fix it they ditched the whole thing and just worked on destroying.
    Now its worse.
    I think older folks need to get back into some sort of work if they can. Preferably charity if they can. Thats my first thought on health for those that still have it and are old.
    But the granny DJ commercials inhibit that. They are told they need to be lying on some beach drinking stuff with paper umbrellas adorning it.

Now off to ride and then kayak with the dog.
    You should try exercising. (See I can pretend I know and dont know what you do.)
    Just to be clear - my "vindictive" reference to the masculine b word is in reference to McCain - not you (not quite sure if I was clear there).

I have no illusions as to what Trump is. Idiot is not a word I would use for him - maybe ignorant - especially to traditional political topics (cons ution, laws, history - he obviously is not a scholar). But that is not what Trump voters wanted - they wanted someone practical who would try to fix what is going wrong in this country. And stellar characters/Christians like Jimmy Carter or to a lesser extent a typical republican like Pence - just can't hack it (care too much/can't take the heat).

Didn't this argument start with beating Trump and aren't all those who are running to be the Democrat nominee for Medicare for All/free health care for illegals? Maybe I'm mistaken and I didn't see all those hands raising in the debate. Obviously, nothing legislatively is going to get passed - (except the prison reform thingy) in this partisan atmosphere - for heavens sake, they couldn't even all agree on sending aid to the border. And especially not on something as divisive (and HUGE) as health care.

I have no idea what granny DJ commercials are and you still haven't said how health care is now worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC: 1.1 million more Americans lost health insurance coverage in 2018

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...18/1140304001/

Really, bou - some are probably through CHOICE (repeal of individual mandate) or short-term plans (probably not counted if not for entire year). And I take issue with:

"Derksen said a strong economy means more low-income people probably moved from Medicaid coverage to health insurance through a job. . That won't necessarily make health care more affordable for those whose health plans shift costs to them through higher deductibles and co-payments." Like one shouldn't take a job because Obamacare/Medicaid incentivizes people to stay on through subsidies/freeness?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Costs are still out of control.
    One small example. My dad has no idea what his drug plan will be month to month.
    There is no way for him to plan a budget with the drug market wildly changing costs at a moments notice, no reason, no nothing.

I will continue with even more if you want after I return.
    Start researching infrastructure since you dont accept one answer and either will I because its an ENORMOUS list.
    Costs are always going to be out of control partly because (for the sake of equality) Obamacare mandates that EVERY policy carry essential benefits that people CANNOT use. Your dad should be grateful that under Obamacare, old people can only be charged 3 times that of a 21 year old (instead of 5 times) - that lowers his cost (and probably raises the 21 year old's cost). OTOH, he should thumbs down Obamacare because he is paying for maternity benefits, pediatric dental and vision and the same as a woman his age who probably consumes more health care dollars than he does.

President Donald Trump said he’s preparing an executive order declaring a “favored nations clause” for drug prices.
    Under this system, patients in the U.S. would pay no more than the country with the lowest prescription drug prices.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/05/trum...ive-order.html

My time (on this board) is up - maybe we can continue this next weekend. Alas, we are in the middle of Wimbledon - go Federer.
    Last edited by rmt; 07-07-2019 at 02:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, now everybody does it.... good stuff.

You are so sad.
    Not even close to his scale and straight into a camera. Just like Blowjob Clinton, except every other day.
    @ trying to pass torpedoing Barrycare as choice/cost-savings. You have to be some special kind of dumb.

On top of that, the farce comes out. Voted for Trump because he was an 'outsider' and tired of the 'lying political class'. Now that Trump lies through his nose, it's whataboutism, "It's ok, other guys do it too".

The reason the prez got her vote is because he had an (R) next to his name. There's really no other reason, and it would save a lot of time if people like her just owned that they're just mental midgets that will vote for the 'team', instead of trying to do all sorts of mental gymnastics to justify it.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The reason the prez got her vote is because he had an (R) next to his name. There's really no other reason, and it would save a lot of time if people like her just owned that they're just mental midgets that will vote for the 'team', instead of trying to do all sorts of mental gymnastics to justify it.
    This is why the Republican candidate wins among registered independents every election no matter what. A lot of Republicans for whatever reason won't just admit to being a Republican.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why the Republican candidate wins among registered independents every election no matter what. A lot of Republicans for whatever reason won't just admit to being a Republican.
    I remember Wild Chodebra would always deny being a Republican, instead he always claimed to be anti-Democrat. Unfortunately, that wasn't the stupidest thing he ever said.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Costs are always going to be out of control partly because (for the sake of equality) Obamacare mandates that EVERY policy carry essential benefits that people CANNOT use."

goddamn, you're so infinitely full of bull

Costs HAVE BEEN out of control, are, and will be because US health care is predatorily, Capitalistically, extractively for-profit, NOT for-health-care.

Has ALL to do with Obamacare's mandated coverages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information