Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Eh. That would rip them out of their own continuity and all the good guys in that timeline would be heartbroken. Gamora didn’t have anybody so no harm no foul.
    Bring back vision and Wanda is the opposite of heartbroken.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

the time travel bs.... what happen to loki when he disappeared with the tesseract? he never appeared again....wouldnt they have affected his time line events
    Yeah I wanted to know where Loki went too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    It's funny how Thanos and his army were brought back from 2014 and snapped into non-existence, but bringing back a handful of heroes would with the timelines too much. Why? Because the writers said so.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It's funny how Thanos and his army were brought back from 2014 and snapped into non-existence, but bringing back a handful of heroes would with the timelines too much. Why? Because the writers said so.
    The timeline that army left with is kinda ed, the guardians won't form so Ego can kill everyone like he wanted

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    The timeline that army left with is kinda ed, the guardians won't form so Ego can kill everyone like he wanted
    I didn't even think of that. If Ego gets his hands on Star-Lord, he is going to kill everybody in the universe in that timeline.

There's also the timeline where Thor stole Mjolnir from himself, which will be a problem unless Cap returned it at the end. And there's the timeline where they let Loki steal the Tesseract, so how is that supposed to work? Is Cap going to return the scepter that has the Mind Stone and return the Time Stone to The Ancient One, and then stop Loki from stealing the Tesseract? If he can do all that, why the did they even need the other Avengers to tag along the first place?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Bring back vision and Wanda is the opposite of heartbroken.
    lets say you go get 2014 vision and bring him to present.

what happens to 2014 wanda? she just lives in a reality where vision is gone

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers

Or bring back 2018 Vision right before Thanos kills him. Vision lives and Thanos doesn't get his Mind Stone in that timeline. Win-win.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Or bring back 2018 Vision right before Thanos kills him. Vision lives and Thanos doesn't get his Mind Stone in that timeline. Win-win.
    even then, the wanda from THAT time then goes and lives without vision because you've dragged him into our timeline. any scenario where you're bringing a past version of a character has that issue. unless your content with ing over alternate realities.

im just puzzled why they cant straight up resurrect people.... they had no problem undoing all snap related deaths but for some reason even with the infinity stones cant revive other deaths?
    Last edited by spurraider21; 04-29-2019 at 03:55 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    even then, the wanda from THAT time then goes and lives without vision because you've dragged him into our timeline.
    ...so? Go to Wakanda in 2018, tell Wanda that Vision will die if he stays there, and bring Vision to the present. Wanda will get upset? Who cares? If Vision stays, he will be dead soon. Either way, Wanda is not going to see him again. I'd rather him disappear than let Thanos get the Mind Stone and kill trillions.

There's no logical reason not to just pluck Vision from the past, just like there is no logical reason not to take Quicksilver, Gamora, Loki, Iron Man, and Black Widow from the past, too. There is only one timeline where trillions of deaths aren't reversed, so all the other ones are don't matter anyway.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    As far as reviving everyone else who didn’t die in the snap, just remember Tony said the past always fights back or something to that effect.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The time travel thing definitely has some weird issues with it i.e. how does old cap have an intact shield?

Also if our cap went back to the past how did he return the soul stone? Red Skull doesn't still have beef with him?

Also Peggy was married and may have had kids in the main time line, so Cap goes back before that and wifeys her up and start a new time line?
    Last edited by cd021; 04-29-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Also there is apparently a Namor the Submariner reference

Okoye mentions that there was an underwater earthquake and that they (the Wakondan's) handle it by not handling it. Suggesting that it's either happened before and/or they know why/who is causing it.

Namor has been rumored to be the villian in Black Panther 2, which would make sense because the Submariner can't have a solo film because his film rights are similar to the Hulk.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans

There wasn’t a vision until 2015.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Well 2019 Wanda has him though.

Either way there will be a sad lonely Wanda

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah I wanted to know where Loki went too
    Thought it was clear they did that on purpose so he's back and no longer dead.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I agree with all the above criticism, time travel opens up so many cans of worms. But it still worked.
    Hemsworth and Brolin ing killed it in this movie. Such great acting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anyone else confused by Cap Marvel's role? Either they over hyped her or did that as a misdirection cause she really didn't do much.

She did save Stark, put Thanos in a head lock, get a horrible haircut, and blow up Thanos' ship. But Scarlett Witch looked like she could've possibly beaten Thanos given more time. Wanda is the far more interesting character, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Thought it was clear they did that on purpose so he's back and no longer dead.
    Yeah I just want to know where he went

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    There wasn’t a vision until 2015.
    thats the takeaway?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Vibranium is an Earth metal. There are surely other metals out there in the universe
    Nah, it was in a meteorite in Wakanda.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah I just want to know where he went
    Straight to Disney+

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Nah, it was in a meteorite in Wakanda.
    Sure. I'm thinking there are plenty of metals in meteors we have no idea about out there

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i dont think they ever established vibranium as indestructable. may be the strongest material known to man, if even that. in The First Avenger, howard stark just said its stronger than steel, a third of the weight, and vibration absorbent.

but then it makes you wonder if mjolnir should have smashed it as well

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Well 2019 Wanda has him though.

Either way there will be a sad lonely Wanda
    thats still going to be uncomfortable:

2019 Wanda: I'm here to take vision, he dies in this timeline
    Past Wanda: NO. i'll fight for him and protect him. give me that chance.
    2019 Wanda: no. trust me, he dies
    Past Wanda: now that we know, we can take extra measure to prevent that from happening. \\

etc etc

can you imagine somebody from the future telling captain america "you guys fail, so i'm going to take your "... you think cap would just shrug and say "oh ok we're gonna lose anyway, no biggie then"

unless you abandon the philosophy of giving a about the other timelines (in which case no need returning the stones). also, if you dont return the stones, you actually save all those timelines from the snap happening. whatever, there's going to be all kinds of goofiness when time travel enters the equation, sorta just have to let it go i guess

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Where does adamantium rank on the indestructible scale

Thread Information