Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    thats still going to be uncomfortable:

2019 Wanda: I'm here to take vision, he dies in this timeline
    Past Wanda: NO. i'll fight for him and protect him. give me that chance.
    2019 Wanda: no. trust me, he dies
    Past Wanda: now that we know, we can take extra measure to prevent that from happening. \\

etc etc

can you imagine somebody from the future telling captain america "you guys fail, so i'm going to take your "... you think cap would just shrug and say "oh ok we're gonna lose anyway, no biggie then"

unless you abandon the philosophy of giving a about the other timelines (in which case no need returning the stones). also, if you dont return the stones, you actually save all those timelines from the snap happening. whatever, there's going to be all kinds of goofiness when time travel enters the equation, sorta just have to let it go i guess

Actually since pre-gauntlet Thanos dieded, wouldn't Vision still have the stone

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

well that was just one iteration of pre-gauntlet thanos... only necessarily affected the timeline where they grabbed the power stone. i dont think that they all went back to exactly the same time. did quill discover the power stone at the same time as invasion of NY?

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Professor Hulk kind of sucked. We didn't get a single Hulk rage fight scene where he goes HAM.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought Thor was ing hilarious but it also sucked to see him reduced to a total joke, with his belly all sticking out in his battle armor, smh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Professor Hulk kind of sucked. We didn't get a single Hulk rage fight scene where he goes HAM.
    yeah thought he'd get some revenge against thanos for the fight at the begging of infinity war. though after using the gauntlet he was out of commission... so that wasn't really his lack of rage. they decided to focus on the main 3 guys, which i have no problem with. hulk is one of the "originals" but only has 1 solo movie, so i can see them not giving him the same role

I thought Thor was ing hilarious but it also sucked to see him reduced to a total joke, with his belly all sticking out in his battle armor, smh
    yeah, but after fit thor + stormbreaker was even able to overpower thanos with the gauntlet, they had to nerf him imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Final MCU Rankings:

1. Iron Man
    2. Guardians Of The Galaxy
    3. Avengers: Infinity War
    4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    5. Black Panther
    6. Avengers: Endgame
    7. Captain America: Civil War
    8. Thor: Ragnarok
    9. Captain America: The First Avenger
    10. Avengers
    11. Thor
    12. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2
    13. Doctor Strange
    14. Iron Man 2
    15. Avengers: Age Of Ultron
    16. The Incredible Hulk
    17. Ant-Man
    18. Captain Marvel
    19. Ant-Man and the Wasp
    20. Spiderman
    21. Iron Man 3
    22. Thor: The Dark World

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    yeah thought he'd get some revenge against thanos for the fight at the begging of infinity war. though after using the gauntlet he was out of commission... so that wasn't really his lack of rage. they decided to focus on the main 3 guys, which i have no problem with. hulk is one of the "originals" but only has 1 solo movie, so i can see them not giving him the same role

yeah, but after fit thor + stormbreaker was even able to overpower thanos with the gauntlet, they had to nerf him imo.
    He should have at least raged out harder than he did when he found out that BW died.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Final MCU Rankings:

1. Iron Man
    2. Guardians Of The Galaxy
    3. Avengers: Infinity War
    4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    5. Black Panther
    6. Avengers: Endgame
    7. Captain America: Civil War
    8. Thor: Ragnarok
    9. Captain America: The First Avenger
    10. Avengers
    11. Thor
    12. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2
    13. Doctor Strange
    14. Iron Man 2
    15. Avengers: Age Of Ultron
    16. The Incredible Hulk
    17. Ant-Man
    18. Captain Marvel
    19. Ant-Man and the Wasp
    20. Spiderman
    21. Iron Man 3
    22. Thor: The Dark World
    Man, I don't see any way CA: TWS isn't the greatest tbh. Spiderman and Cap Marvel are weirdly low, Thor is pretty bad, bottom five tbh.

Top 10

1. The Winter Soldier
    2. Endgame
    3. Civil War
    4. Black Panther
    5. Ragnarok
    6. Avengers
    7. GOTG
    8. Infinity Wars
    9. Iron Man
    10. Spiderman

Bottom 5

18. Ultron
    19. Iron Man 2
    20.Thor
    21. Hulk
    22. Dark World

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The ending definitely doesn't make sense the more I've read up on what happened.

Cap goes back to the 40's and stays; ages naturally, and appears at Starks funeral with an intact shield that he stole from the Cap from the timeline he went back to. He let horrible things happen, including the snap and inevitably and indirectly killing alt timeline Cap. Also wiped Peggy's kids out of existence. Old cap was just waiting for all those to come to the funeral to give Falcon the shield.

Prior to that; he had to put one stone back inside of Natalie Portman, return Thor's hammer, and give a stone back to Red Skull, among the other stones.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Lol that political only women teamup during the battle

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    because that’s how Professor Hulk is

He lost his family, friends, half of Asgard and then failed to kill Thanos.
    He created an emotional shield
    We saw him breaking down a few times

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Because he didn’t die in his timeline

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The real question is : since it’s impossible to bring Widow back with the stone, can’t they bring her through time travel?

They did it with Gamora

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The real question is : since it’s impossible to bring Widow back with the stone, can’t they bring her through time travel?

They did it with Gamora
    basically they can bring everyone back. MCU has pretty much become Dragon Ball.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The ending definitely doesn't make sense the more I've read up on what happened.

Cap goes back to the 40's and stays; ages naturally, and appears at Starks funeral with an intact shield that he stole from the Cap from the timeline he went back to. He let horrible things happen, including the snap and inevitably and indirectly killing alt timeline Cap. Also wiped Peggy's kids out of existence. Old cap was just waiting for all those to come to the funeral to give Falcon the shield.
    you dont know that, though. for all we know, in that timeline, he took a bunch of steps to prevent those atrocities. we dont know how it played out when he got there. all we know is that at some point he got the shield.

Prior to that; he had to put one stone back inside of Natalie Portman, return Thor's hammer, and give a stone back to Red Skull, among the other stones.
    once on vormir, the red skull isnt the same guy though, tbh. he's clearly different. returning thor's hammer wouldnt be too big a deal. just drop it off somewhere on asgard. thor summons it. maybe it takes an extra second or two... unlikely to have an impact. as for injecting the stone into jane foster... yeah that ones confusing

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Cap goes back toAlso wiped Peggy's kids out of existence. Old cap was just waiting for all those to come to the funeral to give Falcon the shield.

Lol I was thinking about that

move by Steve tbh, while he was frozen she met another man and had kids with him.

Steve just undid all that

Also : if Steve goes back to the 40s and decides to live a normal life then he wouldn’t fight alongside the Avengers - he was their leader so kinda important- and wouldn’t have stopped Hydra from taking over.

It also means he wouldn’t have met Sam which means the latter shouldn’t be in a position to get the shield from old Cap

I hate time travel ex machinas

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

They did it with Gamora
    i addressed this earlier though... if they bring black widow back through time travel (say they go back to 2017 and bring her to the present), then as far as the people in THAT timeline are concerned, black widow has vanished and is presumed dead.

of course, they could just stop giving a about alternate timelines and not have to worry about that stuff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    you say that but they made it clear that (bull reasoning and all) they COULDNT bring back just anybody. they couldnt bring back black widow. they didnt think they could bring back tony.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    you say that but they made it clear that (bull reasoning and all) they COULDNT bring back just anybody. they couldnt bring back black widow. they didnt think they could bring back tony.
    They couldn’t bring back Widow with the stones, since the owning of the soul stone is linked to her sacrifice

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Btw it was cool to see Jarvis from the TV series Agent Carter

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Heroes were dying and coming back in Marvel decades before Dragon Ball was thought of.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    because that’s how Professor Hulk is

He lost his family, friends, half of Asgard and then failed to kill Thanos.
    He created an emotional shield
    We saw him breaking down a few times
    He actually lost 75% Asgardians half to thanos's first attack, half of the survivors to the snap

They did it with Gamora
    The black widow they bring back won't be the same black widow age will lack the experiences that made her her character. Like how Gamora doesn't give a about Quill anymore

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    He actually lost 75% Asgardians half to thanos's first attack, half of the survivors to the snap

The black widow they bring back won't be the same black widow age will lack the experiences that made her her character. Like how Gamora doesn't give a about Quill anymore
    They wouldn’t have to go too far back , they can bring a recent version of her

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    anyway... movie with time travel has a lot of difficult questions

that shouldn't be the main takeaway ... can we talk about

- cap weilding mjonlir (thor saying "i knew it")
    - cap and thor trading weapons
    - cap finally saying "avengers assemble"
    - SO MANY STAIRS
    - ant man's peanut butter sandwich
    - ant man's taco
    - stark's build-a-bear line
    - stark's lebowsky line
    - asgardians calling rocket a rabbit
    - korg playing fortnite
    - thor trash talking
    - quill dancing/singing
    - cap fighting cap
    - cap elevator scene
    - spiderman's instant kill mode
    - thanos bopping captain marvel with the power stone
    - professor hulk, generally
    - giant man
    - thor stealing mjonlir from himself
    - scarlet witch beating the out of thanos
    - antman telling stark "flick me"
    - stark and nebula playing paper football
    - cap standing there by himself with mjolnir a broken shield before all of thanos' force just before everyone appears
    - falcon actually doing something cool by impaling some dude with his wings
    - professor hulk fake raging in the battle of new york
    - "i am iron man"

missing a bunch. so much greatness imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    They wouldn’t have to go too far back , they can bring a recent version of her
    would work as long as you dont give a about pissing people off in that timeline by kidnapping their black widow

Thread Information