Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hit me in the soft spots...man, got teary eyed. Not gonna lie.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    They wouldn’t have to go too far back , they can bring a recent version of her
    then the timeline they pull her from can't get the soul stone or they'd have to sacrifice someone else, also you'd be taking a separate Avenger's black widow

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    would work as long as you dont give a about pissing people off in that timeline by kidnapping their black widow
    True true

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    then the timeline they pull her from can't get the soul stone or they'd have to sacrifice someone else, also you'd be taking a separate Avenger's black widow
    Well I’m not sure anymore lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Btw it was cool to see Jarvis from the TV series Agent Carter
    Lol I guess I’m the only one here who watched that show

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you dont know that, though. for all we know, in that timeline, he took a bunch of steps to prevent those atrocities. we dont know how it played out when he got there. all we know is that at some point he got the shield.
    No, if he intervened then the avengers wouldn't form or be around to protect the earth. It seems clear that he made Peggy wifey and lived low-key with her up to and including when that timelines Cap comes out of the ice.

Where they messed up was having old Cap. Cap leaving and staying in the 40s means that there is no cap in the main timeline period. Old Cap would have been in another timeline completely, especially if he intervened like you said.

Also he essentially did what it took a like 8 Avengers to do in order to get the stones back, in order not to change the timeline but then goes back further with the intention of changing the timeline

The correct ending should have probably been that TWS tells Falcon that cap left for good and that he wants him to pick up the mantle of CA and that T'Challa is working on fixing or making a new shield.
    Last edited by cd021; 04-30-2019 at 03:13 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hit me in the soft spots...man, got teary eyed. Not gonna lie.
    Man, those allergies. I came down with a case of them at the end of Logan. Damnist thing

Best part for me was that Cap was willing to go at Thanos and his people's with a broken shield and then we hear "On your left, Cap."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    No, if he intervened then the avengers wouldn't form or be around to protect the earth. It seems clear that he made Peggy wifey and lived low-key with her up to and including when that timelines Cap comes out of the ice.

Where they messed up was having old Cap. Cap leaving and staying in the 40s means that there is no cap in the main timeline period. Old Cap would have been in another timeline completely, especially if he intervened like you said.

The correct ending should have probably been that TWS tells Falcon that cap left for good and that he wants him to pick up the mantle of CA and that T'Challa is working on fixing or making a new shield.
    If he lived "low-key" that means he let bucky stay being a hydra agent and let hydra infiltrate SHIELD that doesn't fit his character at all

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If he lived "low-key" that means he let bucky stay being a hydra agent and let hydra infiltrate SHIELD that doesn't fit his character at all
    Also means that he let Thanos do the snap and kill 4 billion people in order to get with Peggy. That is hard to believe in regards to his character, especially since his logic in Civil War was that he couldn't agree to some thing that could keep him or the Avengers from intervening when needed.

He'd be able to intervene but choose not to plus he almost certainly stole the shield from another Steve Rodgers in order to give it to Falcon.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the movie was written so that Evans could come back an play steve rogers again if he wanted to. I don't mean alternative rogers i mean old man Steve Rogers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    thanos clicks his fingers, the stones disappear as he had said at the start of end game

hulk click his fingers, yet the stones didnt disappear (whys that?)

ironman click his fingers, yet the stones didnt disappear like above... why the difference?

i assume after hulk clicks, they went back in time again?
    then after ironman, they went back in time again to retrieve and restore correct timeline where those stones belong?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Also he essentially did what it took a like 8 Avengers to do in order to get the stones back, in order not to change the timeline but then goes back further with the intention of changing the timeline

That's the "Back to the future" logic. They told you it's b.s. lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    thanos clicks his fingers, the stones disappear as he had said at the start of end game

hulk click his fingers, yet the stones didnt disappear (whys that?)

ironman click his fingers, yet the stones didnt disappear like above... why the difference?

i assume after hulk clicks, they went back in time again?
    then after ironman, they went back in time again to retrieve and restore correct timeline where those stones belong?
    The stone didn't disappear from Thanos's first snap he did a second snap on his farm planet and the second time his snap was to make the stones disappear so he wouldn't be tempted to use them again

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the movie was written so that Evans could come back an play steve rogers again if he wanted to. I don't mean alternative rogers i mean old man Steve Rogers.
    He is reportedly going to appear in the Falcon and Winter Soldier Disney + series

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Man, I don't see any way CA: TWS isn't the greatest tbh. Spiderman and Cap Marvel are weirdly low, Thor is pretty bad, bottom five tbh.

Top 10

1. The Winter Soldier
    2. Endgame
    3. Civil War
    4. Black Panther
    5. Ragnarok
    6. Avengers
    7. GOTG
    8. Infinity Wars
    9. Iron Man
    10. Spiderman

Bottom 5

18. Ultron
    19. Iron Man 2
    20.Thor
    21. Hulk
    22. Dark World
    Spiderman movies always seem a little too slapstick and lighthearted for my liking. I liked Captain Marvel's setting but the special effects and fight scenes were some of the lowest quality in MCU. Fury and Coulson were more entertaining than Cap Marvel. And how is Iron Man 3 not in your bottom 5 lol. That movie was vomit. And no love at all for Hulk?
    Last edited by Darth_Pelican; 04-30-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Winter Soldier was easily my #1.

Black Panther middle of the pack.

Worst by far imo was Captain Marvel.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    In a recent interview, the Russos clarified the whole time travel/reality thing :

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...medium=ios_app

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Infinity War is indisputably the best. The Guardians of the Galaxy movies, Winter Soldier, and Civil War are next. Endgame is top 5, I guess. The first Cap movie was straight up bad. Hulk and Captain Marvel were meh. Thor: The Dark World does take the bottom spot. It's so forgettable that I can remember next to nothing about it. There was a Chris Evans cameo, teleporting and Thor's mom dies (spoilers).

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The first half was a little tedious, but I liked the first Captain America movie. I also like the Norton Hulk movie but Hulk and Cap are two of my favorite characters.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    In a recent interview, the Russos clarified the whole time travel/reality thing :

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...medium=ios_app
    their explanation for why they couldnt bring back stark the same way thanos brought back vision doesnt make sense at all tbh ...

but glad they addressed that Cap had to jump back to this timeline at the end... its not like old cap just sat on the bench and waited for this moment. he jumped back through time to be at the bench

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    CA : The Winter Soldier and Avengers :Infinity War are both #1 in my book.

It’s a toss up for me

Robble robble your title? TheSpurglar's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The ending definitely doesn't make sense the more I've read up on what happened.

Cap goes back to the 40's and stays; ages naturally, and appears at Starks funeral with an intact shield that he stole from the Cap from the timeline he went back to. He let horrible things happen, including the snap and inevitably and indirectly killing alt timeline Cap. Also wiped Peggy's kids out of existence. Old cap was just waiting for all those to come to the funeral to give Falcon the shield.

Prior to that; he had to put one stone back inside of Natalie Portman, return Thor's hammer, and give a stone back to Red Skull, among the other stones.
    The prime timeline can't be changed. Everything that happened, happened. If anything is changed in the past, it simply makes a new timeline.

Cap left the prime timeline, returned the stones and Thor's hammer to the points in the past from which they were initially taken at the exact moment (or right after) they were taken, so that what the Avengers did wouldn't have any significant impact (causing new timelines where things might go bad for the people).

Then Cap decided to stay in the past with Peggy, and this did indeed cause a new timeline to be created where he and Peggy were together (so in THAT timeline, Peggy didn't get married, kids weren't born, etc). Now, he would probably have to lay low, since there'd likely be another(that timeline's) Captain America thawed out in that timeline's future at some point, the creation of that timeline's Avengers, maybe even that timeline's "snap" etc., but ultimately all he'd have to do it wait until some point beyond the date of Endgame, travel to the past again (arriving in the prime timeline), sit on a bench, and... there you go. He's back and hands Sam his shield, which obviously wasn't ever destroyed in the alternate timeline he created.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The real question is : since it’s impossible to bring Widow back with the stone, can’t they bring her through time travel?

They did it with Gamora
    They didn't do it. Thanos did it. They(Avengers) were actively trying NOT to do things like that.

But the answer is, yes, they could definitely swipe a Nat from the past and bring her to the prime timeline. It'd cause an alternate timeline to be created though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The prime timeline can't be changed. Everything that happened, happened. If anything is changed in the past, it simply makes a new timeline.

Cap left the prime timeline, returned the stones and Thor's hammer to the points in the past from which they were initially taken at the exact moment (or right after) they were taken, so that what the Avengers did wouldn't have any significant impact (causing new timelines where things might go bad for the people).

Then Cap decided to stay in the past with Peggy, and this did indeed cause a new timeline to be created where he and Peggy were together (so in THAT timeline, Peggy didn't get married, kids weren't born, etc). Now, he would probably have to lay low, since there'd likely be another(that timeline's) Captain America thawed out in that timeline's future at some point, the creation of that timeline's Avengers, maybe even that timeline's "snap" etc., but ultimately all he'd have to do it wait until some point beyond the date of Endgame, travel to the past again (arriving in the prime timeline), sit on a bench, and... there you go. He's back and hands Sam his shield, which obviously wasn't ever destroyed in the alternate timeline he created.
    its not entirely clear how Cap approached that stuff. maybe he stopped shield/hydra ahead of time. maybe he protected the tesseract (which was on earth at the time) and prevented many of the events from happening in the first place. he also has knowledge of where all the stones are, so maybe he prevented the infinity saga altogether in that timeline. we dont know. but based on the fact that he grew old and was happy, we can assume it worked out

They didn't do it. Thanos did it. They(Avengers) were actively trying NOT to do things like that.
    eh, not really. banner specifically said that he tried to bring Natasha back too. the good guys used two different snaps in the movie... i dont see why they'd be so against using a single stone like the time stone. Dr. Strange used the time stone to defeat dormammu. after the battle, why not let him use the stone thanos style to bring back stark before returning the stones?

ultimately we just have the accept that they're retiring RDJ/Tony Stark... they did an ok enough job. the damage caused to the user by the stones is probably irreparable, which is why thanos was still half dead when they first encountered him in endgame. he wasnt able to heal himself

But the answer is, yes, they could definitely swipe a Nat from the past and bring her to the prime timeline. It'd cause an alternate timeline to be created though.
    yeah an alternate timeline where from that perspective, Nat has gone missing and is presumed dead. based on the events of the film though, and their commitment to return the stones, they clearly care about not ing over alternate timelines.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Also means that he let Thanos do the snap and kill 4 billion people in order to get with Peggy. That is hard to believe in regards to his character, especially since his logic in Civil War was that he couldn't agree to some thing that could keep him or the Avengers from intervening when needed.

He'd be able to intervene but choose not to plus he almost certainly stole the shield from another Steve Rodgers in order to give it to Falcon.
    All that's really clear is that he decided to stay with Peggy in the past, creating an alternate timeline. Anything could have happened from the point he made that decision to when he returned to the prime timeline as an old man. He could have taken on an entirely new superheroic iden y in that timeline and helped prevent all the things you guys are talking about up above. There was no way for him to change the prime timeline, but he could make the world a better place in an alternate timeline, along with scratching his Peggy itch.

Then at some point, when he's an old man, after that timeline's Cap has died, he was given the shield. Or maybe the Stark or Panther of that timeline made a new one. Pretty much anything could have happened.

Thread Information