Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Was going to bump the Deadwood thread but search is disabled right now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yes, sucker!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Happy to see a release date, finally.
    I just finished a re-watch recently. I reckon Deadwood kicked off the peak-TV era, and it was and is the best of the lot.
    Never should have canceled.
    I want more than a movie, but I'll take it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Crazy how I had never heard of this show before. Just watched the first ep and can already tell it's great tbh

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Good time to watch the show since I never did. Had several opportunities to watch but never did because when a show gets cancelled its like why bother if it didn't get finished.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I may have to do a rewatch myself. The third season got a little convoluted from what I remember with the addition of a lot of characters I cared nothing about. Whereas the first season was damn near television perfection.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    RIP Powers Booth, his presence will be sorely missed in the film. He was riveting in the series.
    BTW, Booth is buried in Deadwood - not Deadwood, SD, where the series was set - but Deadwood, TX.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Good time to watch the show since I never did. Had several opportunities to watch but never did because when a show gets cancelled its like why bother if it didn't get finished.
    My girlfriend has never seen it so I'm going to watch it again with her. You'll enjoy it a lot...especially season 1. It's right up there with some of the best single seasons of any show ever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did anyone else watch the movie yet?

I thought it was great and didn’t feel like fan service at all to me. Timothy Olyphant was a huge standout in this.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm another one who hasn't watched Deadwood since it was cancelled, though I've heard so much about it. Does the movie provide closure to the show?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It definitely gives closure to the series more than the end of season 3 did. It’s only the length of about two episodes so some characters you feel like you won’t see enough in the movie but the main plots and characters had their stories wrapped up nicely imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    A bit too on the nose and formulaic. The movie doesn't diminish the greatness of the series, but it doesn't improve on it either.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was afraid it would be hard to follow having not watched the series in nearly a decade, but it was surprising easy. It brought closure to some storylines that were left hanging and ignored others that were stupid to begin with (that theatre group).

It was good. I can't really say much else about it. I'm glad it was made, but it didn't excite me the same way the series did for some reason.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I liked it. Felt a little smaller in scale than I expected, but I liked that it didn't feel like a big budget blockbuster adaptation. More like a good season finale.

Could've done without the flashbacks, and it seemed a little convenient to have so many people happen to return to camp at the same time after ten plus years, but otherwise good watch. Wouldn't mind seeing a second movie.

Thread Information