Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What are your favorite TV shows, past or present?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Sopranos, The Wire, Dexter (S1-4), House of Cards (S1-3)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I don't watch TV anymore, but it's tough to compare anything to Cheers (probably GOAT) or Seinfeld. The most recent stuff that I binge watched years ago was Lost and Breaking Bad. For sketch comedy I would go with Kids in the Hall or Whose Line is it Anyway for improv. Everything on SNL was real solid until Chris Farley died. Comedy Central used to be really good in the early 2000's (Daily Show w/Jon Stewart,Win Ben Steins Money, The Man Show, etc..)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't watch TV anymore, but it's tough to compare anything to Cheers (probably GOAT) or Seinfeld. The most recent stuff that I binge watched years ago was Lost and Breaking Bad. For sketch comedy I would go with Kids in the Hall or Whose Line is it Anyway for improv. Everything on SNL was real solid until Chris Farley died. Comedy Central used to be really good in the early 2000's (Daily Show w/Jon Stewart,Win Ben Steins Money, The Man Show, etc..)
    Cheers was the best of its time but IMO, The Office and Seinfeld are 1 and 2.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Everything on SNL was real solid until Chris Farley died.
    Farley wasn't on SNL when he died. He hosted it shortly before he died but left in 94 or 95, but the best era of SNL of the 90's came after him anyways. The Ferrell era with Norm as the Update anchor was the best period of the 90's and harder to find a better cast from top to bottom. You can look in hindsight, but Ferrell is easily the greatest cast member they had and McDonald was easily the greatest Update anchor. It started going downhill pretty fast after Norm got fired for ting on OJ too often..

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Bonanza

Route 66

Have Gun Will Travel

Wanted Dead or Alive

The Rifleman

The White Shadow

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Last edited by FrostKing; 04-29-2019 at 03:35 AM.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Band of Brothers, Justified, Prison Break S1, Lost S1, Psych, OZ...

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Band of Brothers, Justified, Prison Break S1, Lost S1, Psych, OZ...
    I've watched Prison Break and Lost repeatedly over the years. Very few shows have had the immediate grab value that those did right from the start.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    At the risk of sounding basic, it's The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Simpsons S2-10, Seinfeld, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, South Park.

My favorite new show right now is The Act on Hulu. Watch the "Mommy Dead and Dearest" do entary on HBO first. Nowhere near the top tier of the shows mentioned before, but solid acting and story.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    True Detective S1

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    mmm, yes that one too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    also a big fan of Cosmos, Planet Earth I and II.

tried giving Blue Planet a go but its so dated after having watched PE I and II. i've read better things about blue planet ii.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Sopranos, The Wire, Dexter (S1-4), House of Cards (S1-3)
    Solid list tbh. Breaking Bad tops the rest imo due to the quality level remaining the same even in later seasons AND having an incredibly satisfying ending as well.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    mmm, yes that one too
    You guys like S3?

Just got around to finishing it and was pleasantly surprised by the other leads' being able to hang with Ali's acting. Have some quibbles with the ending but I had some with S1 as well.

Breaking Bad was extraordinary for its high quality over the entire run. I think Better Call Saul is right up there in a slightly different way; you already know what's happening with so many characters but their development is actually better than those in BB.

I still have to get around to The Wire. For some reason I can't commit even though it's largely the same team responsible for Homicide: Life on the Streets. S1-3 of that is still my GOAT network show up there with Hannibal. I'll still watch reruns of Law and Order: Criminal Intent S1-6. Still holds up as my favorite procedural.

It really is a platinum age for TV but not a ton of can't miss shows I'd rave about these days. I do find The Good Place and Doom Patrol really imaginative and unafraid to take chances.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Solid list tbh. Breaking Bad tops the rest imo due to the quality level remaining the same even in later seasons AND having an incredibly satisfying ending as well.
    yeah that show never let up. it was great from start to finish, felt like every episode was intense, and they ended it at a near perfect length. try rewatching it without binging, its impossible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You guys like S3?

Just got around to finishing it and was pleasantly surprised by the other leads' being able to hang with Ali's acting. Have some quibbles with the ending but I had some with S1 as well.

Breaking Bad was extraordinary for its high quality over the entire run. I think Better Call Saul is right up there in a slightly different way; you already know what's happening with so many characters but their development is actually better than those in BB.

I still have to get around to The Wire. For some reason I can't commit even though it's largely the same team responsible for Homicide: Life on the Streets. S1-3 of that is still my GOAT network show up there with Hannibal. I'll still watch reruns of Law and Order: Criminal Intent S1-6. Still holds up as my favorite procedural.

It really is a platinum age for TV but not a ton of can't miss shows I'd rave about these days. I do find The Good Place and Doom Patrol really imaginative and unafraid to take chances.
    haven't seen S3 yet, but have generally heard enough good things about it to give it a watch. i gave up about 1/3 of the way through season 2, and i rarely give up on shows (did for house of cards partway through season 5)

better call saul is still good but feels like its slowing down imo.

some elements of the wire are kinda dated but the characters are good enough to get past that

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    haven't seen S3 yet, but have generally heard enough good things about it to give it a watch. i gave up about 1/3 of the way through season 2, and i rarely give up on shows (did for house of cards partway through season 5)
    never go back to S2. Should've been called something else. S3 is a good return to form.

better call saul is still good but feels like its slowing down imo.
    Plotwise it's always going to have to end at a starting point. I do care enough about Kim and Nacho to want to know what happens to them though.

some elements of the wire are kinda dated but the characters are good enough to get past that
    Got no problem with seeing it as a period piece.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rescue Me thru mid season 4.
    Jumped the shark after that.

Simpsons old writers.
    2006 or so onward has been mostly unwatchable.

The Sopranos. Would have loved to have seen that Russian come back and whack Paulie and ChristoDuh. Can't stand those two F's.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Shield is almost a top tier show for me, but it's also pretty racist.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Deadwood

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    The Shield is almost a top tier show for me, but it's also pretty racist.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    FORENSIC FILES

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Heroes season 1 was great as well. Unfortunately it fell off a cliff after season 1

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Heroes season 1 was great as well. Unfortunately it fell off a cliff after season 1
    No kidding. That was one of the single most drastic declines I've ever seen in a show's quality.

Thread Information