Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ain't happening. Harris is a free agent and most likely signing elsewhere. Mills contract is basically untradeable unless you give up an asset with it
    There is some value in Mills, Belli, and Bertans. Brett Brown would be doing us a favor along with hosing us for whatever is out there including Jonathan Simmons, and other bench players, give us some trade exceptions, 2nd rounders, etc.. work other deals around but giving away these players should not be hard. Harris seems pretty lowkey. He got traded from LA, Lakers don't look attractive. Why not stay in a contender with no hooplah or distractions? SA should be looked at as a great destination for players that just want to be down to earth nba stars not instafamous like Embiid or Simmons. Just basketball, family, and whatever else you want on the very side side. GO SPURS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is some value in Mills, Belli, and Bertans. Brett Brown would be doing us a favor along with hosing us for whatever is out there including Jonathan Simmons, and other bench players, give us some trade exceptions, 2nd rounders, etc.. work other deals around but giving away these players should not be hard. Harris seems pretty lowkey. He got traded from LA, Lakers don't look attractive. Why not stay in a contender with no hooplah or distractions? SA should be looked at as a great destination for players that just want to be down to earth nba stars not instafamous like Embiid or Simmons. Just basketball, family, and whatever else you want on the very side side. GO SPURS!
    that scenario would be too good to be true. While I agree that Philly would be one of the few teams who'd be interested in our shooters, I don't think Harris will resign there. Seems like he's more New York bound since he's from Long Island I expect him to end up with the Nets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that scenario would be too good to be true. While I agree that Philly would be one of the few teams who'd be interested in our shooters, I don't think Harris will resign there. Seems like he's more New York bound since he's from Long Island I expect him to end up with the Nets
    Two things have to happen:

1) Harris has to pick SA as one of his top options
    2) Sixers and Harris have to work out a way for Harris to communicate he does not want to resign period and will probably only work with SA to get a sign and trade done.

Now that you mention the Nets. The nets probably feel the same way about Harris as a perfect fit and have a lot of good assets but not really the ones that will help 76ers win now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two things have to happen:

1) Harris has to pick SA as one of his top options
    2) Sixers and Harris have to work out a way for Harris to communicate he does not want to resign period and will probably only work with SA to get a sign and trade done.

Now that you mention the Nets. The nets probably feel the same way about Harris as a perfect fit and have a lot of good assets but not really the ones that will help 76ers win now.
    They don't need to have assets, they have cap space. Something the Spurs won't have. Harris will simply sign there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't need to have assets, they have cap space. Something the Spurs won't have. Harris will simply sign there
    Nah. Doubt it. They need to sign Butler. After that I dont think there is much left.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully we get Kawhi back and do much better than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. Doubt it. They need to sign Butler. After that I dont think there is much left.
    they have enough cap space for 2 max deals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully we get Kawhi back and do much better than that.
    I think David Robinson and Tim Duncan coming back to reform the twin towers has more a chance then Kawhi coming back. That dude will never step foot back in anything Spurs related.

He gave Pop a 10 minute conversation and made him go cross country at a in' In-Out .

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A great overview of why the Spurs are going to be first round fodder again next year (they're easy to defend against): https://www.poundingtherock.com/plat...o-spurs-future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Domantas is already fired.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many unknown variables. We don't what version of Murray we're gonna get after the injury, there is a possibility he might suck. LMA is getting older, he might regress, his previous season one might argue was better than this season especially defensively. White has shown us that he's injury prone and thats another questionmark. Will Poetl learn at least one post move so we don't have to play 4 on 5 on offense? Being from Greece i know about Milutinov more than anyone here and i wouldn't be very optimistic about his contribution here. Of course we desperately need a big so having another body wouldn't hurt us. Other teams as others said will get better namely Lakers and Sacto. My expectations remain low.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    46 wins and eight seed
    I bet Vegas sets the over/under at 45.5, tbh.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A great overview of why the Spurs are going to be first round fodder again next year (they're easy to defend against): https://www.poundingtherock.com/plat...o-spurs-future
    Excellent article in that it's thouro on that 1st quarter of game 7. If it's the same SL next season or even insert DJ into. The book will be the same or even worse on how to contain the spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a hybrid of Murray defense with Forbes offense will definitely help this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gave Pop a 10 minute conversation and made him go cross country at a in' In-Out .
    Reminds me of when Chris Webber wouldn't meet with the Spurs so they asked him to watch a video about SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does anyone think the Lakers will be in the playoffs next year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does anyone think the Lakers will be in the playoffs next year?
    Media delusion . . .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake News

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I crazy to think the Spurs have a chance to make the Finals next year? The West is wide open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol urinel

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I crazy to think the Spurs have a chance to make the Finals next year? The West is wide open.
    No, they took the 2 seed to the last minute of game 7 on the road after outplaying them the whole series until Pop decided to let Patty and Marco play matador defense.

That team took Portland to game 7. All of these teams are very close.

I don’t expect them to make a conference or NBA Finals, but it’s not as unlikely as last year. Golden State will be down, and Houston could implode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, they took the 2 seed to the last minute of game 7 on the road after outplaying them the whole series until Pop decided to let Patty and Marco play matador defense.

That team took Portland to game 7. All of these teams are very close.

I don’t expect them to make a conference or NBA Finals, but it’s not as unlikely as last year. Golden State will be down, and Houston could implode.
    Right. They obviously won't be the favorites. But if they stay healthy, peak at the right time, and get a couple of lucky bounces, they could make some serious noise in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defense will be the key. Spurs need to recover the usual elite defensive level.

The second area of focus is to resolve the spacing/3pt shooting situation with DeRozan and Murray on the court + the two bigs the Spurs system demands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information