Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And we don't. And there's only like 6 houses on the street.

But my point was really that the people I've seen that talk serious ...like calling someone a drug dealer or mentioning that someone's wife is cheating...these aren't the kind of people that even know that there are settings other than the default of showing an address. I will say that my Nextdoor area includes an expanded area including a couple areas of trashy run down double-wides. So maybe it's not indicative of most Nextdoor communities. But my guess is that people are like this everywhere.

The surest thing to set off a show on ours is someone saying their dog got pregnant and they are looking to give (or sell) puppies.
    I've seen that too.. people on there arguing and fighting leading to threats of legal action for slander and all kinds of

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The surest thing to set off a show on ours is someone saying their dog got pregnant and they are looking to give (or sell) puppies.
    yep or a roadside puppy dealer

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I love dogs, but I hate people who bring their dogs EVERYWHERE..there are many settings where your dog doesn't belong it's a dog, it'll survive a few hours without you..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I love dogs, but I hate people who bring their dogs EVERYWHERE..there are many settings where your dog doesn't belong it's a dog, it'll survive a few hours without you..
    I almost got hit by this re on a highway access road, and couldn't fathom how stupid and/or blind this clown had to be.. I pull up next to him and he has a ing medium size dog sitting on his ing lap while he's driving and the dog is all over the place out of excitement.. One of the few times I wanted to follow somebody to confront them about their driving

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^^My mom's cousin used to do that

She would bring her small dog(any dog under 30 lbs isn't really a dog IMO, more like a friendly rat) everywhere, she couldn't drive without having the dog in her lap..got in a massive crash one day, she went flying through the windshield and was in a coma for a few weeks IIRC..dog was fine, of course

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yep or a roadside puppy dealer
    I can't tell you how many times I wish I had a troll account.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't tell you how many times I wish I had a troll account.
    same here tbh.. it's a little more difficult, but it can be done

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^^My mom's cousin used to do that

She would bring her small dog(any dog under 30 lbs isn't really a dog IMO, more like a friendly rat) everywhere, she couldn't drive without having the dog in her lap..got in a massive crash one day, she went flying through the windshield and was in a coma for a few weeks IIRC..dog was fine, of course
    Damn..

I sometimes wonder how far a dog would launch if one of these ass hats with their dog chilling in the bed of the truck on the highway was to crash..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Moral of the thread:

Don't go boating with Fabbs, and don't leave your kids or pets with RD2191, DJR210, or HarlemHeat37.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't think attachment to animals is the problem. I think foolishly bringing extremely small, lightweight dogs to a windy beach was the issue.
    Not mutually exclusive.
    You are contradicting your views.
    If not for her over attachment to her animals she would have left them safely behind for the boat ride.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Moral of the thread:

Don't go boating with Fabbs, and don't leave your kids or pets with RD2191, DJR210, or HarlemHeat37.
    Uh...don't leave your kids with Avante

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I wasn't lumping them in with outright trolls though probably not a far cry.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I would save a random dog from harm/death over a random person any day of the week.

Dogs are innocent creatures just following their natural instincts, there's a high chance the human is a piece of not worth saving.
    Last edited by Bynumite; 05-02-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    This guy has the worst case of Avanteitist we have ever seen, even worst than Blake.

I have never ever said anything here at all about kids. Only dumb s play this stupid pedo BS. A stupid like SFS.

As far as this topic goes....

You don't take dogs out on a boat, how damn stupid is that? Bummer this happened but without common sense will happen.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not mutually exclusive.
    You are contradicting your views.
    If not for her over attachment to her animals she would have left them safely behind for the boat ride.
    Ah, I didn't realize that was what you meant by "attachment." I figured someone can be attached to a dog emotionally but still rational enough to know that it will be safer if it stays at home. I mean, if you are attached to something, hypothetically you want it to be in your life, in which case bringing it with you into dangerous situations wouldn't serve your purposes. In any case, I think we agree.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I ing hate dogs, and people overly attached to dogs. It's disturbing tbh.
    I don’t hate dogs, but yes, people overly attached to them are weird af

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    These ing dog zealots

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I am convinced dogs keep some people from becoming serial killers.
    So I like dogs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I almost got hit by this re on a highway access road, and couldn't fathom how stupid and/or blind this clown had to be.. I pull up next to him and he has a ing medium size dog sitting on his ing lap while he's driving and the dog is all over the place out of excitement.. One of the few times I wanted to follow somebody to confront them about their driving
    What was that guy driving? Might have been me, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Moral of the thread:

You must be one of said dog zealots..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What was that guy driving? Might have been me, tbh.
    Terrible.. hopefully you go 80 MPH+ into a light pole and you and the dog are both burned beyond recognition

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I dont get why some of you are so passionately against other people being animal lovers.

It's like yeah what a horrible thing to care about living things who's main desire in life is to be loved by a human. Who are the real gots in that situation?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I dont get why some of you are so passionately against other people being animal lovers.

It's like yeah what a horrible thing to care about living things who's main desire in life is to be loved by a human. Who are the real gots in that situation?
    Loving an animal and being an obsessed dog zealot are two different things.. I'm a dog owner myself, and he lives a life of luxury here. I don't lose sleep over seeing a stray dog running along side a road at the same time either though

I was just ing with you about going 80+ MPH into a light pole too, but that is ing re ed if you seriously drive around with a dog blocking your view of the road and/or ability to safely drive the vehicle

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Loving an animal and being an obsessed dog zealot are two different things.. I'm a dog owner myself, and he lives a life of luxury here. I don't lose sleep over seeing a stray dog running along side a road at the same time either though

I was just ing with you about going 80+ MPH into a light pole too, but that is ing re ed if you seriously drive around with a dog blocking your view of the road and/or ability to safely drive the vehicle
    I was playing about driving with my dog on my lap too. I agree that its unsafe. I rarely drive with my dogs, and if I do they're in a passenger seat.

The other stuff I dont get though. I wouldn't say I lose sleep over a stray either, although I do help them if possible...but it doesn't bother me if someone else goes above and beyond for them. I mean it's well intentioned at the end of the day, imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was playing about driving with my dog on my lap too. I agree that its unsafe. I rarely drive with my dogs, and if I do they're in a passenger seat.

The other stuff I dont get though. I wouldn't say I lose sleep over a stray either, although I do help them if possible...but it doesn't bother me if someone else goes above and beyond for them. I mean it's well intentioned at the end of the day, imo.
    I'll feel a little guilt when I pass a stray that's near the road. But usually forget about it pretty quickly. Although, my biggest fear is returning on the same road and seeing the same dog dead. So far that hasn't happened.

Thread Information