Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you prefer gaming on a PC or console, and why?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Someone ban this Russian bot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    consoles... its more hassle free. plug and play. and just got used to the console/controller system growing up. never got into computers enough to know my way around them. buying a console for $500 every 6 years is also cheaper than whatever a PC would cost.

and better for having people over. i'm aware that the potential with a PC is much higher, regarding graphics, fps, being able to have mods, etc. people dig the mouse and keyboard, i get it. ive just gotten so used to thumbsticks...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    consoles... its more hassle free. plug and play. and just got used to the console/controller system growing up. never got into computers enough to know my way around them. buying a console for $500 every 6 years is also cheaper than whatever a PC would cost.

and better for having people over. i'm aware that the potential with a PC is much higher, regarding graphics, fps, being able to have mods, etc. people dig the mouse and keyboard, i get it. ive just gotten so used to thumbsticks...
    Console is cheaper no doubt but a smartly planned PC can last you a generation too and get pretty strong performance these days. My current system is about 4.5 years old and cost:

CPU: $250 for a Xeon E3
    GPU: $330 for a GTX 970
    BOARD: $80 for a Z97 board
    RAM: $70 for 16GB DDR3-2400
    PSU: $25 for a great 620W power supply
    CASE: $80 for a really nice full tower case

So a little more than twice the cost of a PS4 for a system that plays AAA games at twice the framerate at the same resolution (1080p). And these are all really high quality components. I use my PC just like a console anyways when gaming since I have it hooked to a TV as a secondary screen and use my wireless 360 controller with it. I do really appreciate being able to tinker with settings on PC also so I can try to lock in a steady framerate. I enjoy having both PC and console. Man I really hope with the Zen 2 cpu in the PS5 we'll finally get back to 60 fps gaming on Playstation like we had in the PS2 days. At that point I'd probably start getting all my games on PS5 (other than Nintendo exclusives) until I was ready to go in on a nice 4k panel (then back to PC obviously for 4k60).
    Last edited by baseline bum; 04-30-2019 at 08:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Consoles. Hassle free and PS exclusives.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    depends on what you want out of it. but the only people who would pick console are those who dont have a gaming PC. and its not a slight and im not trolling, just being realistic. i was a big console fanboy before i finally decided to s out the money for a decent gaming PC. but it really is a different experience entirely tbh. i love PS and they definitely do have the best exclusives, and i think at some point the consoles will be so good that the difference will be negligible, but for now PC is tops for me. having an endless library at your fingertips is a nice feeling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    depends on what you want out of it. but the only people who would pick console are those who dont have a gaming PC. and its not a slight and im not trolling, just being realistic. i was a big console fanboy before i finally decided to s out the money for a decent gaming PC. but it really is a different experience entirely tbh. i love PS and they definitely do have the best exclusives, and i think at some point the consoles will be so good that the difference will be negligible, but for now PC is tops for me. having an endless library at your fingertips is a nice feeling
    Never having to worry about backwards compatibility is always really nice on PC. At least for games not bought from Microsoft ( you Games For Windows Live and Windows Store).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PC, by far. Console only worthy having if it has any exclusives worth playing, which they do. So buy both.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ive just gotten so used to thumbsticks...
    It's funny how so many people don't understand that you can use ANY controller you want on PC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "hassle"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Master race ting on us console plebs. forgive us, massa!

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    It's funny how so many people don't understand that you can use ANY controller you want on PC
    except in that one game i bought because of you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d like to say PC but I’m a lazy mf. Just thinking about having to figure out the best system, monitor, etc...then hooking it all up...blech. It’s exactly why I’ll eat a Tombstone pizza instead of making one myself.

I suppose having Beats has spoiled me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d like to say PC but I’m a lazy mf. Just thinking about having to figure out the best system, monitor, etc...then hooking it all up...blech. It’s exactly why I’ll eat a Tombstone pizza instead of making one myself.

I suppose having Beats has spoiled me.
    Yup. Plus I love couch gaming. I hate playing on a PC setup.

Couch, tv, controller...thats the perfect setup.

Dem couch comfort is unbeatable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Plus I love couch gaming. I hate playing on a PC setup.

Couch, tv, controller...thats the perfect setup.

Dem couch comfort is unbeatable.
    That's easy to setup. I have my gaming PC connected to a monitor for the first screen and to the TV as a secondary screen for couch gaming with a controller. All it takes is buying a longer HDMI cable. Alternatively you could use a Steam Link but nothing is easier than just running the cable.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    That's easy to setup. I have my gaming PC connected to a monitor for the first screen and to the TV as a secondary screen for couch gaming with a controller. All it takes is buying a longer HDMI cable. Alternatively you could use a Steam Link but nothing is easier than just running the cable.
    I built a mini ITX PC when I moved to SF that sits next to my TV in the living room (that I'm using right now). IPTV, Google TV + gaming. Can't be beat tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nothing is easier than just running the cable.
    Nothing is easier than just plugging in a console

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    except in that one game i bought because of you
    Nobody plays PC FPS with a controller, although if you enjoy getting decimated all round you could still use any controller you want to do so..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or just plug your PC directly to the TV and use one of these:

You don't even need a Steam Link, they have a Steam Link app now for Android.. But Steam Link ing sucks and is a pain in the ass
    Last edited by DJR210; 05-02-2019 at 12:56 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody plays PC FPS with a controller, although if you enjoy getting decimated all round you could still use any controller you want to do so..
    Yeah. At least on console it’s an even playing field for controller users

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was a Battlefield Bad Company 2 and BF3 addict and was actually pretty decent on 360 using the controller and couldn't imagine not using it when I finished building my PC.. took me about 30 minutes to realize I was ed. Reluctantly starting using mouse and a keypad.

After you get your DPI settings on the mouse and in game mouse sensitivity options perfect though.. man there is simply no going back to trying to aim with a thumb stick, even if it has slight aim assist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some assholes use Keyboard and Mouseon ps4 Apperently lots of apex players that dominate the consol use kebypard and mouse. I consider that cheating imo.

Keyboard and Mouse beats cpntrollers easy in these games.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Console, because i don't like to wait years for a poorly optimized ty port or a port that might not ever arrive at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Console, because i don't like to wait years for a poorly optimized ty port or a port that might not ever arrive at all.
    Often true, but when studios get it right (eg CD Projekt Red with The Witcher 3 or Techland with Dying Light) it's ing glorious at 60 fps. Hopefully PS5 will run games at 60 fps like PS2 did and then there would be no downside to getting console versions.

Thread Information