Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess according to Jabari young were not the team that promised him that we would draft him, good news I guess lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know, from a roster construction point of view, I think he’d be a great pick up for the much needed 3/D role. You have to think the spurs offense will primary feature some combo of White, Lonnie, and Murray. A Roberson type (with a shot!) would make a lot of sense. He also has that coveted “high motor” thing going.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to draft this guy. He has more hops than Green. I also feel his defense is more anticipatory than Green is (kinda like how Murray and Kawhi are), whereas Green is good at defense because he stays in front of his man. I think since our defense is where we are lacking the most, Thybulle has to be a target. Then with the second first rd pick, you target someone with boom potential to be a 2-way player (Samanic and Bazley). We have got to make sure we get at least one player that can play defense really well. We cant just rely on Dejounte and Derrick on defense all the time. I think Roby's defense is underrated and I would put him on the same level as Thybulle.

1a. Samanic
    1b. Bazley
    2a. Thybulle
    2b. Roby
    3. Claxton
    4. Paschall
    5. Grant Williams
    6. Charles Matthews

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could the Spurs have promised Thybulle? I don't think it's likely ... but I don't think there's a zero percent chance, either. Thybulle's agent is the twin brother of DeMar DeRozan's agent -- so at least there's a little bit of a connection. IMO, promising 29 to Thybulle would have been enough for him to shut everything down and go into hiding. That's guaranteed money on a team that could use a plug-and-play defender.

The main reason I don't think it's very likely is that he's not a seamless fit. Thybulle might be more of a SG, which is already packed with players needing minutes. The Spurs also supposedly got rid of Danny Green because they thought he was too limited offensively. Considering that Thybulle will at best be a more offensively limited Green, the logic doesn't connected, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only Matisse worth having is a Rickman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thybulle in the green room. That means he's a lock to go in the first round. (Since 2014, only one player in the green room dropped to the second round ... and he was the first pick of the second round.)

Local media lists the Spurs first as possible teams that promised him:

Thybulle has reportedly been linked with teams at the bottom of the first round, including San Antonio, which has picks 19 and 29

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...nowell-end-up/
    And is this a silver and black suit, tbh?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mystery solved, his promise was from the 76ers

Boston apparently forced Philly into a trade

Thread Information