Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess according to Jabari young were not the team that promised him that we would draft him, good news I guess lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know, from a roster construction point of view, I think he’d be a great pick up for the much needed 3/D role. You have to think the spurs offense will primary feature some combo of White, Lonnie, and Murray. A Roberson type (with a shot!) would make a lot of sense. He also has that coveted “high motor” thing going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to draft this guy. He has more hops than Green. I also feel his defense is more anticipatory than Green is (kinda like how Murray and Kawhi are), whereas Green is good at defense because he stays in front of his man. I think since our defense is where we are lacking the most, Thybulle has to be a target. Then with the second first rd pick, you target someone with boom potential to be a 2-way player (Samanic and Bazley). We have got to make sure we get at least one player that can play defense really well. We cant just rely on Dejounte and Derrick on defense all the time. I think Roby's defense is underrated and I would put him on the same level as Thybulle.

1a. Samanic
    1b. Bazley
    2a. Thybulle
    2b. Roby
    3. Claxton
    4. Paschall
    5. Grant Williams
    6. Charles Matthews

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could the Spurs have promised Thybulle? I don't think it's likely ... but I don't think there's a zero percent chance, either. Thybulle's agent is the twin brother of DeMar DeRozan's agent -- so at least there's a little bit of a connection. IMO, promising 29 to Thybulle would have been enough for him to shut everything down and go into hiding. That's guaranteed money on a team that could use a plug-and-play defender.

The main reason I don't think it's very likely is that he's not a seamless fit. Thybulle might be more of a SG, which is already packed with players needing minutes. The Spurs also supposedly got rid of Danny Green because they thought he was too limited offensively. Considering that Thybulle will at best be a more offensively limited Green, the logic doesn't connected, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only Matisse worth having is a Rickman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thybulle in the green room. That means he's a lock to go in the first round. (Since 2014, only one player in the green room dropped to the second round ... and he was the first pick of the second round.)

Local media lists the Spurs first as possible teams that promised him:

Thybulle has reportedly been linked with teams at the bottom of the first round, including San Antonio, which has picks 19 and 29

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...nowell-end-up/
    And is this a silver and black suit, tbh?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mystery solved, his promise was from the 76ers

Boston apparently forced Philly into a trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far, Thybulle's game is translating well... In four preseason games he has racked up 12 steals and 6 blocks while only playing 19 minutes per game. His +/- is +55 after 4 games, and his DRtg is an incredible 82.7. If this continues, he'll live up to those "generational defensive player" accolades.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 10-16-2019 at 10:35 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far, Thybulle's game is translating well... In four preseason games he has racked up 12 steals and 6 blocks while only playing 19 minutes per game. His +/- is +55 after 4 games, and his DRtg is an incredible 82.7. If this continues, he'll live up to those "generational defensive player" accolades.
    I love his defense. He'll have to shoot to play, though. Philly already has enough guys who don't shoot well, and they lost Red to N.O. this summer. I think one of the stat wonks said that he only needs to shoot like 35% from 3 to offset the lack of any other offense. He has the ability to shoot, but my guess is that teams will just run him off the line, like DVerde. They both are really lost once they put the ball on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love his defense. He'll have to shoot to play, though. Philly already has enough guys who don't shoot well, and they lost Red to N.O. this summer.
    That's why the Spurs may be able to trade Patty Mills to the Sixers mid-season.

Philly is ready to go for it bigtime but they very badly lack outside shooting. There's no tomorrow for them.

Brett Brown knows Mills and the Spurs connection may work for both teams -- perhaps even a 1st round pick for Mills if they get desperate enough (remember Philly's 1st round pick will be be pretty low).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why the Spurs may be able to trade Patty Mills to the Sixers mid-season.

Philly is ready to go for it bigtime but they very badly lack outside shooting. There's no tomorrow for them.

Brett Brown knows Mills and the Spurs connection may work for both teams -- perhaps even a 1st round pick for Mills if they get desperate enough (remember Philly's 1st round pick will be be pretty low).
    Load Management got us a low 1st round pick and you think Mills will get us a better pick?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a lot better chance of teaching Thybulle to shoot than teaching Patty to be a point guard. Not to mention the fact that Patty is due $26M over the next two seasons, and Thybulle is due about $5M.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The kid looks promising as a future 3 and D guy..
    Even if his shot does not develop he can still help a team by defending elite wings for shorter stretches if paired with shooters.

Thread Information