Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am afraid you are building yourself up for a big let down.

Those two picks in the twenties though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abdoulaye N'Doye ... could be undrafted or picked at #49.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

By Shams Charania 5h ago 51
    TORONTO — The proverbial countdown clock continues to tick for Anthony Davis and the New Orleans Pelicans.

As The Athletic reported on Wednesday, Davis and his agent, Rich Paul, met with new Pelicans Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin in Los Angeles, a sit-down that allowed Griffin to paint the picture of his vision to the Pelicans’ star player. Davis requested a trade from the Pelicans in January, and as reported after New Orleans won the No. 1 pick in the draft lottery on May 14, his stance had not changed following that seemingly unexpected positive result for the franchise.

While the sit-down on Wednesday was said to have been respectful and productive, Davis’ stance regarding his desire for a trade is highly unlikely to change, league sources have said. As teams continue placing calls into New Orleans, Griffin has begun listening to teams and their inquiries on Davis, league sources told The Athletic. Previously, the Pelicans had been trying to pitch Davis to stay — and now they are at least open to hearing people out.

Griffin has made sharp moves since taking over as the leader of the Pelicans’ front office, hiring Trajan Langdon from the Brooklyn Nets to be his general manager and bringing over members of the Phoenix Suns’ highly-regarded training staff to New Orleans. It is also true that Griffin and Paul share a strong relationship, dating back to Griffin’s time with the Cleveland Cavaliers and Paul being the agent of Cavaliers players LeBron James, J.R. Smith and Tristan Thompson. But Davis’ mind will almost assuredly not change. That would also mean bypassing the super maximum extension that only New Orleans could offer Davis in July.

The Pelicans are on stable footing right now: An All-Star-type talent in Jrue Holiday signed long-term, cap flexibility, a fortified front office … and, most importantly, the No. 1 overall pick to select Zion Williamson. The potential faces of the franchise, Williamson and Holiday, could set Griffin’s era in motion in a positive light. With or without Davis, the Pelicans are building a sustainable model.

Between now and the draft, teams will continue placing calls into the Pelicans. They already have been, and Griffin has started to listen, sources said. Griffin has the option of keeping Davis until the February trade deadline, if not all season, but the fact that Davis’ stance remains firm means the same thing now as it would later.

Across the NBA, rival executives believe the following teams will be able to compile the best packages: The Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Boston Celtics and Brooklyn Nets. Davis’ preferred destinations list of four teams includes the Lakers, Knicks and LA Clippers and that will embolden those teams to pursue him strongest of all.

As for Davis himself, he is in wait-and-see mode now and simply going about his workout regimen with fellow Pelicans players such as Holiday, Frank Jackson and Stanley Johnson. Griffin and Holiday spent time with each other in Los Angeles as well, league sources said, as Griffin continues to build strong rapports throughout his roster. Holiday is a cornerstone for the Pelicans, a two-way guard who has shouldered a leadership role for the franchise.

For the Pelicans and Davis, the clock is still ticking down after Wednesday and the ball is rolling down the court.

More news and notes from around the NBA…

Atlanta Hawks

The Hawks could be a destination for contract dumps once again, sources said. Atlanta also has interest in potentially re-signing free agent center Dewayne Dedmon to a balloon one-year deal, according to sources — or a shorter-term contract like the two-year, $14 million deal he signed in 2017.

Boston Celtics

Celtics free agent Marcus Morris will have strong interest as a second-tier free agent, with teams such as the Knicks, Kings, Lakers, Clippers and Bulls expected to be in pursuit, league sources said. Morris, 29, had arguably his best all-around season, averaging 13.9 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game and serving as a versatile scorer and defender either as a starter or reserve. League sources say Morris remains open-minded about returning to Boston, which wants to bring Morris back but has several summer priorities such as Kyrie Irving.

Brooklyn Nets

A market is forming for Nets All-Star and restricted free agent D’Angelo Russell: Utah, Orlando, Minnesota and Indiana are among the teams expected to show an interest aside from Brooklyn, sources said.

Charlotte Hornets

The Hornets and Kemba Walker both have each other as top priorities entering July 1, league sources said. Walker confirmed to Jared Weiss of The Athletic that the Hornets remain his “first priority” during his tour of Tokyo as an NBA ambassador there during the NBA Finals. Walker made the All-NBA third team this year after another spectacular season, allowing him to sign a five-year, $221 million super maximum contract. There is doubt around the NBA that the Hornets will reach that high amount, but owner Michael Jordan’s loyalty has always been with Walker.

Cleveland Cavaliers

A team that has expressed an interest in a salary-designed trade of J.R. Smith: the Miami Heat, sources said. The Heat also have contracts they could look to move in the offseason in a deal such as this, and would have to absorb Smith’s deal.

Golden State Warriors

Warriors assistant Willie Green has been offered a leading assistant coaching job for the Phoenix Suns under Monty Willams and the Suns are hopeful that Green accepts, league sources said. Green, 37, played 12 NBA seasons and has been a player development assistant coach for the Warriors. He played for Williams in New Orleans in 2010-11.

Los Angeles Lakers

Jason Kidd’s contract with the Lakers made him the highest paid assistant coach in the NBA, sources with knowledge of the deal said.

Memphis Grizzlies

Memphis interviewed Milwaukee Bucks assistant Taylor Jenkins for a second time last week, league sources said.

Oklahoma City Thunder

The Thunder have had multiple conversations with various teams about using their No. 21 pick in a trade to reduce team salary and relieve financial pressure, league sources said.

Orlando Magic

Second-year center Khem Birch emerged as one of the top young backup centers this past season, averaging 4.8 points and 3.8 rebounds in 12.9 minutes per game. He capped the Magic’s season with a 9-point, 11-rebound, four-block performance in their season-ending loss to the Toronto Raptors in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. The Magic will attempt to re-sign Birch and will almost assuredly make him a restricted free agent by extending him a qualifying offer, but Philadelphia expressed interest in him during the season and there could be several more this offseason, sources said.

Phoenix Suns

Expect restricted free agent Kelly Oubre Jr. to emerge as a priority for the Suns entering July 1. Oubre averaged 20.2 points per game in 12 starts for the Suns during their best stretch of the season to close 2018-19. If Oubre enters the market, he’s a prime option for teams with cap space that strike out on their first-tier targets.

Sacramento Kings

The Kings have been prioritizing a center in the free-agent marketplace, league sources said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By Shams Charania 5h ago 51
    TORONTO — The proverbial countdown clock continues to tick for Anthony Davis and the New Orleans Pelicans.

As The Athletic reported on Wednesday, Davis and his agent, Rich Paul, met with new Pelicans Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin in Los Angeles, a sit-down that allowed Griffin to paint the picture of his vision to the Pelicans’ star player. Davis requested a trade from the Pelicans in January, and as reported after New Orleans won the No. 1 pick in the draft lottery on May 14, his stance had not changed following that seemingly unexpected positive result for the franchise.

While the sit-down on Wednesday was said to have been respectful and productive, Davis’ stance regarding his desire for a trade is highly unlikely to change, league sources have said. As teams continue placing calls into New Orleans, Griffin has begun listening to teams and their inquiries on Davis, league sources told The Athletic. Previously, the Pelicans had been trying to pitch Davis to stay — and now they are at least open to hearing people out.

Griffin has made sharp moves since taking over as the leader of the Pelicans’ front office, hiring Trajan Langdon from the Brooklyn Nets to be his general manager and bringing over members of the Phoenix Suns’ highly-regarded training staff to New Orleans. It is also true that Griffin and Paul share a strong relationship, dating back to Griffin’s time with the Cleveland Cavaliers and Paul being the agent of Cavaliers players LeBron James, J.R. Smith and Tristan Thompson. But Davis’ mind will almost assuredly not change. That would also mean bypassing the super maximum extension that only New Orleans could offer Davis in July.

The Pelicans are on stable footing right now: An All-Star-type talent in Jrue Holiday signed long-term, cap flexibility, a fortified front office … and, most importantly, the No. 1 overall pick to select Zion Williamson. The potential faces of the franchise, Williamson and Holiday, could set Griffin’s era in motion in a positive light. With or without Davis, the Pelicans are building a sustainable model.

Between now and the draft, teams will continue placing calls into the Pelicans. They already have been, and Griffin has started to listen, sources said. Griffin has the option of keeping Davis until the February trade deadline, if not all season, but the fact that Davis’ stance remains firm means the same thing now as it would later.

Across the NBA, rival executives believe the following teams will be able to compile the best packages: The Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Boston Celtics and Brooklyn Nets. Davis’ preferred destinations list of four teams includes the Lakers, Knicks and LA Clippers and that will embolden those teams to pursue him strongest of all.

As for Davis himself, he is in wait-and-see mode now and simply going about his workout regimen with fellow Pelicans players such as Holiday, Frank Jackson and Stanley Johnson. Griffin and Holiday spent time with each other in Los Angeles as well, league sources said, as Griffin continues to build strong rapports throughout his roster. Holiday is a cornerstone for the Pelicans, a two-way guard who has shouldered a leadership role for the franchise.

For the Pelicans and Davis, the clock is still ticking down after Wednesday and the ball is rolling down the court.

More news and notes from around the NBA…

Atlanta Hawks

The Hawks could be a destination for contract dumps once again, sources said. Atlanta also has interest in potentially re-signing free agent center Dewayne Dedmon to a balloon one-year deal, according to sources — or a shorter-term contract like the two-year, $14 million deal he signed in 2017.

Boston Celtics

Celtics free agent Marcus Morris will have strong interest as a second-tier free agent, with teams such as the Knicks, Kings, Lakers, Clippers and Bulls expected to be in pursuit, league sources said. Morris, 29, had arguably his best all-around season, averaging 13.9 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game and serving as a versatile scorer and defender either as a starter or reserve. League sources say Morris remains open-minded about returning to Boston, which wants to bring Morris back but has several summer priorities such as Kyrie Irving.

Brooklyn Nets

A market is forming for Nets All-Star and restricted free agent D’Angelo Russell: Utah, Orlando, Minnesota and Indiana are among the teams expected to show an interest aside from Brooklyn, sources said.

Charlotte Hornets

The Hornets and Kemba Walker both have each other as top priorities entering July 1, league sources said. Walker confirmed to Jared Weiss of The Athletic that the Hornets remain his “first priority” during his tour of Tokyo as an NBA ambassador there during the NBA Finals. Walker made the All-NBA third team this year after another spectacular season, allowing him to sign a five-year, $221 million super maximum contract. There is doubt around the NBA that the Hornets will reach that high amount, but owner Michael Jordan’s loyalty has always been with Walker.

Cleveland Cavaliers

A team that has expressed an interest in a salary-designed trade of J.R. Smith: the Miami Heat, sources said. The Heat also have contracts they could look to move in the offseason in a deal such as this, and would have to absorb Smith’s deal.

Golden State Warriors

Warriors assistant Willie Green has been offered a leading assistant coaching job for the Phoenix Suns under Monty Willams and the Suns are hopeful that Green accepts, league sources said. Green, 37, played 12 NBA seasons and has been a player development assistant coach for the Warriors. He played for Williams in New Orleans in 2010-11.

Los Angeles Lakers

Jason Kidd’s contract with the Lakers made him the highest paid assistant coach in the NBA, sources with knowledge of the deal said.

Memphis Grizzlies

Memphis interviewed Milwaukee Bucks assistant Taylor Jenkins for a second time last week, league sources said.

Oklahoma City Thunder

The Thunder have had multiple conversations with various teams about using their No. 21 pick in a trade to reduce team salary and relieve financial pressure, league sources said.

Orlando Magic

Second-year center Khem Birch emerged as one of the top young backup centers this past season, averaging 4.8 points and 3.8 rebounds in 12.9 minutes per game. He capped the Magic’s season with a 9-point, 11-rebound, four-block performance in their season-ending loss to the Toronto Raptors in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. The Magic will attempt to re-sign Birch and will almost assuredly make him a restricted free agent by extending him a qualifying offer, but Philadelphia expressed interest in him during the season and there could be several more this offseason, sources said.

Phoenix Suns

Expect restricted free agent Kelly Oubre Jr. to emerge as a priority for the Suns entering July 1. Oubre averaged 20.2 points per game in 12 starts for the Suns during their best stretch of the season to close 2018-19. If Oubre enters the market, he’s a prime option for teams with cap space that strike out on their first-tier targets.

Sacramento Kings

The Kings have been prioritizing a center in the free-agent marketplace, league sources said.
    Thanks!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antoine Davis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOAY5ma3oXw

For Pick #49

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want PJ Tucker on the Spurs. Spurs need some toughness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks traded Prince for Crabbe and pick 17. I love this move for the Nets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang I wanted prince on the spurs

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a trade to open up cap space. Not sure they are in love with Prince or anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems like the Nets secured Kyrie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think they keep deangelo Russel if they’re getting Kyrie?? He’s a restricted FA I believe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang I wanted prince on the spurs
    This makes it more likely SA could get Prince. If they wanted

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This makes it more likely SA could get Prince. If they wanted
    How so?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think they keep deangelo Russel if they’re getting Kyrie?? He’s a restricted FA I believe
    I'm not sure about sign and trade rules for rfa's but, I'd think they'd want to use the rest of their cap space on someone other than another point guard in Russell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think BKY did the deal because they had a lot of interest in Prince the player. They did it to clear salary. They also had to give up some significant draft capital to do so.

One would think, that if possible, they would love to recoup some draft capital as long as it does not hurt their salary cap goals.

So SA coming in with someone like Forbes + a 2nd round pick or maybe 29th pick should likely get a deal done since it lessens what BKY essentially paid for the salary cap space.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think BKY did the deal because they had a lot of interest in Prince the player. They did it to clear salary. They also had to give up some significant draft capital to do so.

One would think, that if possible, they would love to recoup some draft capital as long as it does not hurt their salary cap goals.

So SA coming in with someone like Forbes + a 2nd round pick or maybe 29th pick should likely get a deal done since it lessens what BKY essentially paid for the salary cap space.
    I thought it was (the prince part of it) more likely that they put value on prince as a solid role player that was cheap and could compliment kyrie.

I will admit I can see your point of view, especially in a Forbes centered deal though. I hope your way of thinking prevails over mine here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that’s true and they really don’t value prince to be part of the team why not trade the 29th pick for him, that would really help solve the SF issues I think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we overrating Prince a bit much here? Can someone convince me why we should trade the 29th pick for him? I know SF (3 & D) is a need for this team, but I’d much rather draft KZ Okpala with the 29th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was (the prince part of it) more likely that they put value on prince as a solid role player that was cheap and could compliment kyrie.

I will admit I can see your point of view, especially in a Forbes centered deal though. I hope your way of thinking prevails over mine here.
    I think they are fine with Prince and would be happy keeping him over Crabbe anyways. Just saying I think they valued the cap space aspect more and getting draft capital back would be pretty big for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we overrating Prince a bit much here? Can someone convince me why we should trade the 29th pick for him? I know SF (3 & D) is a need for this team, but I’d much rather draft KZ Okpala with the 29th pick.
    I like KZ too but I personally think he’ll be taken before 29 and Also KZ wouldn’t play at all this upcoming season, he would be in Austin probably all year. Prince could theoretically start at SF from day one with Rudy coming off the bench (if we bring him back)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like KZ too but I personally think he’ll be taken before 29 and Also KZ wouldn’t play at all this upcoming season, he would be in Austin probably all year. Prince could theoretically start at SF from day one with Rudy coming off the bench (if we bring him back)
    The way I see it is we are not competing for a championship next year so why not get the most out of a draft where we have multiple firsts? Prince is probably suited better for a win now situation; whereas, KZ has the higher ceiling IMHO, and can grow with our young core.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okpala at his very best probably is not as good as Prince. I'm not even convinced Okpala would be a good G-Leaguer ... much less an average-ish NBA player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what do we think about Roby? I haven’t heard much buzz on him. He’s almost never in the top 30 in mocks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After all the work Marks did to get draft picks back to BKY I am legit shocked he gave those picks away. I mean, wow. It could work out but holy heck.

Thread Information