Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't be to happy myself, he's 35 and I don't see Vince Carter.
    Geez I didn't know he was that old lol. I thought he was like 26-29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe... but
    a) It only takes 1 other gm wanting a "name" veteran to screw something like that up,
    b) do we really want them? Consider the following comparison
    https://www.boxscoregeeks.com/player...20&season=2018
    Can you really expect them to do much better than Cunningham and Pondexter did last year? I'm not sure paying the extra money is worth it.
    c) Thus, I'd probably look to younger players - David Nwaba maybe...
    I was asking because if they are really looking at signing Bogdanovic Spurs would need a legit defender at the 4 spot. So a Thad Young, Marcus Morris, Carroll or Ariza would be perfect. The most likely scenario is us only having the room exception available which makes that near to impossible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was asking because if they are really looking at signing Bogdanovic Spurs would need a legit defender at the 4 spot. So a Thad Young, Marcus Morris, Carroll or Ariza would be perfect. The most likely scenario is us only having the room exception available which makes that near to impossible
    The theory is the Spurs could trade Bertans and Beli for Bogdanovic and sign Bogdanovic between 9.75mil to 16.25mil per year, as per trading rules. Then use the MLE on that 4 spot, which is valued at 9.2mil. And still sign Gay for over 10mil. Obviously, Spurs will have to offer more than just those 2 and will probably have to give up perhaps a highly protected 1st that may result into two 2nds. Or the Raptors pick for Pacers second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The theory is the Spurs could trade Bertans and Beli for Bogdanovic and sign Bogdanovic between 9.75mil to 16.25mil per year, as per trading rules. Then use the MLE on that 4 spot, which is valued at 9.2mil. And still sign Gay for over 10mil. Obviously, Spurs will have to offer more than just those 2 and will probably have to give up perhaps a highly protected 1st that may result into two 2nds. Or the Raptors pick for Pacers second.
    yeah I highly doubt a Bogdanovic sign and trade happens. More likely would be the Spurs trade somebody in the draft and then clear Gay's cap hold to sign Bogdanovic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah I highly doubt a Bogdanovic sign and trade happens. More likely would be the Spurs trade somebody in the draft and then clear Gay's cap hold to sign Bogdanovic
    Then Spurs essentially trade the MLE and Gay and whoever else they dump to sign Bogdanovic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then Spurs essentially trade the MLE and Gay and whoever else they dump to sign Bogdanovic
    yeah. And I expect them to do exactly that. I doubt Indiana is interested in Belinelli/Bertans. Only other option I see is a sign and trade with DeRozan for Bogdanovic and Thad Young

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep bringing up sign and trades like they’re still viable under the CBA? https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...signandtrades/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs shouldnt trade DeRozan unless we are in rebuilding mode. Im all for that but it aint happening. White is gonna come back even better next year, Murray is going to be back, and his defense may have got us over that hump into the 2nd round. Our 2 draft picks next week wont be any help next year. I think we need to sign Ariza if we can instead of playing Belly Nellie. While he can be streaky his D sucks worst than anyone on the team. Ariza would be a better fit. This team isnt going to win a championship but id consider it a success if we could make it to the WCF. With Durant out the west is kind of wide open after the Warriors ofcourse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs shouldnt trade DeRozan unless we are in rebuilding mode. Im all for that but it aint happening. White is gonna come back even better next year, Murray is going to be back, and his defense may have got us over that hump into the 2nd round. Our 2 draft picks next week wont be any help next year. I think we need to sign Ariza if we can instead of playing Belly Nellie. While he can be streaky his D sucks worst than anyone on the team. Ariza would be a better fit. This team isnt going to win a championship but id consider it a success if we could make it to the WCF. With Durant out the west is kind of wide open after the Warriors ofcourse.
    With Durant almost certainly taking the PO in Golden State now, it’ll further reduce the amount of “max” guys changing teams. One of these teams will strike out and a market will open for high tier players to be dealt. KD’s injury makes a team MORE likely to trade for a Demar because they’ll be more likely to come away with nothing in FA and league more balanced if no Durant playing for GS.

But a trade would almost certainly happen AFTER the draft in that case, so hard to swing Demar for a pick this year. And unlikely the Spurs carry that many rookies.

I don’t love the fit with Demar and the young guards, but if either he or Dejounte extend their game, it will change the geometry significantly. And you can never have too many creators.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Durant almost certainly taking the PO in Golden State now, it’ll further reduce the amount of “max” guys changing teams. One of these teams will strike out and a market will open for high tier players to be dealt. KD’s injury makes a team MORE likely to trade for a Demar because they’ll be more likely to come away with nothing in FA and league more balanced if no Durant playing for GS.

But a trade would almost certainly happen AFTER the draft in that case, so hard to swing Demar for a pick this year. And unlikely the Spurs carry that many rookies.

I don’t love the fit with Demar and the young guards, but if either he or Dejounte extend their game, it will change the geometry significantly. And you can never have too many creators.
    The biggest problem with Dumbmar is not just the poor fit or his lack of 3-point shooting, but his poor in-game judgment (not to mention his un-Spurs-like brooding and tantrums). Especially in crunch time, he consistently showed awful judgment yet consistently dominated the ball. His judgment isn't likely to improve, nor is his range. Logically, the role of such a player should be reduced. Or ideally, he should be traded. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs seems going to draft a combo guard or forward.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why wouldn't Durant go to the Spurs, especially after the horrific injury. ala Rudy Gay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why wouldn't Durant go to the Spurs, especially after the horrific injury. ala Rudy Gay
    Assuming he got back to 80% of himself in 2020/2021 season DeMar would be gone, LaMarcus would be pushing 36/37 if he is even still here. It doesnt make any sense for KD or the Spurs for him to come here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i still think KD winds up in NY; they'll pay him big bank and he gets to launch his comeback on the biggest stage with a team that would have potentially added another high draft pick and free agent. but KD will not end up in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant raptured it. Out for a season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant raptured it. Out for a season.
    play on words or reference to an eschatological event (the second coming of KD)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Yeah. My bad.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest problem with Dumbmar is not just the poor fit or his lack of 3-point shooting, but his poor in-game judgment (not to mention his un-Spurs-like brooding and tantrums). Especially in crunch time, he consistently showed awful judgment yet consistently dominated the ball. His judgment isn't likely to improve, nor is his range. Logically, the role of such a player should be reduced. Or ideally, he should be traded. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    Agree 100%. Will the Spurs cut their loses? I'm doubtful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m all for trading DeMar & LA and going for a rebuild with the young players but what is interesting, with Durant’s injury the league has kinda become wide open. IF and it’s a big IF dejounte & Lonnie do become really impactful players this next season plus the spurs add a good MLE player we potentially could be legit contenders again lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Durant out, if Kawhi even signs a 1 + 1 to stay in Toronto and get to that next salary tier, I wonder if West would consider flipping one of his future first rounders (2020 PHI 2021 MIA (unprotected)) for DD.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Durant out, if Kawhi even signs a 1 + 1 to stay in Toronto and get to that next salary tier, I wonder if West would consider flipping one of his future first rounders (2020 PHI 2021 MIA (unprotected)) for DD.
    No chance Kawhi signs a 1+1 specially with his chronic injury/condition. He will get the full 5 years wherever he decides to go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah after KD getting injured he would be stupid to sign a one year deal with his medical condition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance Kawhi signs a 1+1 specially with his chronic injury/condition. He will get the full 5 years wherever he decides to go.
    You make the wrong assumption, Nephew cares about money. If he cared about money, he could have done things differently to secure tons of money. He drives a used SUV and wears his own free apparel. I think he wants to ball and wants to live and raise his family in California.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You make the wrong assumption, Nephew cares about money. If he cared about money, he could have done things differently to secure tons of money. He drives a used SUV and wears his own free apparel. I think he wants to ball and wants to live and raise his family in California.
    Nephew doesn’t make the decisions, Uncle D does and Uncle D doesn’t drive used SUV’s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok let’s get this draft and free agency rolling baby!

Thread Information