Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo - timvp are you going to be doing a write up overall regarding the Spurs plans/short-term/longer-term in what you think they should be doing in all 3 phases (draft, free agency and trades)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going out on a limb here, but If RC can somehow get Hachimura and Goga and maybe even buy a 2nd rounder to get Okeke we'll be looking at another dynasty

Trade Bertans to move up, I really want these 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo - timvp are you going to be doing a write up overall regarding the Spurs plans/short-term/longer-term in what you think they should be doing in all 3 phases (draft, free agency and trades)?
    I wanna know if he's finally gonna tell us what he heard about what went down between Nephew and the FO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp are you making one of these for Samanic? Since he is obviously scouted by RC here in Slovenia...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going out on a limb here, but If RC can somehow get Hachimura and Goga and maybe even buy a 2nd rounder to get Okeke we'll be looking at another dynasty

Trade Bertans to move up, I really want these 2
    My crystal ball is clear enough to see but a single thing: the Spurs will not buy another 2nd rounder.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome stuff. Thanks!

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryns stock is at an all time high. Our 2 firsts + Bryn might net a a pick.
    No it won't. The Spurs picks don't hold a lot of value and there won't be any interest in Byrn. If he were any good you would not want to trade him.

You'll have to trade White if you want to get any interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it won't. The Spurs picks don't hold a lot of value and there won't be any interest in Byrn. If he were any good you would not want to trade him.

You'll have to trade White if you want to get any interest.
    Everything is probably or maybe in here. Still, these announcers on TNT were on Bryns nuts during the playoffs and some of the regular season games. Think about it, a team like LA is looking for stars not in the draft. Bryn would be a "great" role player for LBJ and whomever they land. Somebody out there who is on the verge needs vets coming from Pops system with a lot of moxy. They don't really know Bryn sux like we do. They listen to the hype from the national media. Many stupid trades have been made in the NBA. A lot of overpaid idiots running front offices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those players comparisons make me not want any of them
    Yeah, I was aiming at the most likely outcome ... which by nature is pretty ugly for a non-lottery pick.

I updated the player comparisons to give both a ceiling and a floor. Think it paints a better picture

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rui might be a top 5 pick. Doubt he drops past 10
    you think so? I like his athleticism but he’s more of a small ball 4 to me. Can’t shoot the three and his handles are just simple straight line drives and easy buckets at the basket. His defense isn’t the greatest, but that’s more from an awareness standpoint. I feel like there will be better prospects at 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what Bradley Beal’s value will be this Summer? With what is going on in WAS one would think they need to trade Beal (since Wall will be impossible to move at this point).

I think Beal’s value is pretty high even with his money; he would fit way better than DeRozan, but my guess is Was would be looking to bottom out, shave money, etc..so it would take picks plus expiring contracts at the minimum.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loving the revamp timvp , thanks for all you do!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rui is my number one choice for Spurs. Not sure he will be there when we pick though. Would be fine with a few of these other guys as well though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of the top 3 picks, does anyone have a dream player they would love sa to get in this draft? Are there any truly game changing SF/PF outside of the top 3?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason to not have hope this off-season. For years the GSW were assumed the champs. But if Durrant leaves, that opens up a big hole in the WC and I see a bunch of flawed teams (Spurs included) and a chance for any of the top teams to make moves to get them in a position to get to the Finals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of the top 3 picks, does anyone have a dream player they would love sa to get in this draft? Are there any truly game changing SF/PF outside of the top 3?
    Cam Reddish or Hunter..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeAndre Hunter would be good enough to start at SF from day one I think. Probably wouldn't because the Spurs could keep DDR at SF going with a starting backcourt of Murray-White or some other combo of Murray, White, Forbes, Walker, Mills.

Hunter is the only guy I would be happy about if they could trade up that's not in the top 3. I wouldn't mind too terrible 19+Forbes+lotto protected 2020 if that's what it took.

Just a solid player with the size and athleticism the Spurs could really use but probably won't find in the draft at 19 or 29 or be able to get with the MLE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cam Reddish or Hunter..
    DeAndre Hunter would be good enough to start at SF from day one I think. Probably wouldn't because the Spurs could keep DDR at SF going with a starting backcourt of Murray-White or some other combo of Murray, White, Forbes, Walker, Mills.

Hunter is the only guy I would be happy about if they could trade up that's not in the top 3. I wouldn't mind too terrible 19+Forbes+lotto protected 2020 if that's what it took.

Just a solid player with the size and athleticism the Spurs could really use but probably won't find in the draft at 19 or 29 or be able to get with the MLE
    So two Hunter votes. I wonder how aggressive sa is going to be in this draft in moving up? I really don’t have a great read on college to nba. It’s by far the hardest thing to me as a fan; projecting how guys will translate. No matter how much I’ve watched NBA I still have very little idea on that aspect of the business.

I just wonder if there are any “Kawhi’s” in this draft? Anyone with that type of ceiling on BOTH ends of the floor. I also agree that DDR will be playing SF and getting someone that is more of a SF/PF than true SF would be ideal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IG baller putting In work recruiting KD
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BxGp1UcgrKs/

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Change the thread le to:
    Austin's next young star & TOSB looking for one last pay day watch

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bol Bol would either be a dream or a nightmare. He could be a bigger, better version of Dirk or he might never play a meaningful NBA minute...

Clarke, Little and Doumbouya all have the physical potential to be top level SF/PF's but they all need huge amounts of skill development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope Bucks beat the Warriors

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bol Bol would either be a dream or a nightmare. He could be a bigger, better version of Dirk or he might never play a meaningful NBA minute...

Clarke, Little and Doumbouya all have the physical potential to be top level SF/PF's but they all need huge amounts of skill development.
    agree, he reminds me of Porzingis

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One guy that would definitely be available at 19 (but a bit of a reach) and may be available at 29, who has the potential is Louis King. He has really good length, athleticsm, and his shot while needing improvement is there just needs work on being consistent in form/feet. Some project him as a SG, but while kinda thin now I don't see him as a KD guy. I think as he matures he will put on weight and be 6'7 235/240 type SF.

What I don't know about King is his work ethic. Since all the guys that have potential high ceilings that will be available when Spurs are picking are 2-3 years away, there willingness to put in the work will be just as important as their physical attributes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

agree, he reminds me of Porzingis
    IMO, Porzingis is a bad comp. Porzingis has a level of mobility that Bol is never going to have. But Dirk didn't have that mobility either - even peak Dirk would be a C in today's game. Which is fine, because you can still pull a 5 with Bol/Dirk's shooting skills to the perimeter, giving the defense a matchup ...

Thread Information