Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interested to see Grant Williams combine results. Dude has a ton of skill and has great character. He has a great ft% which is supposed to be a great indicator for nba 3's so I'm hopeful for that development. If his combine results are solid I'd take him at 29.
    If his combine results are solid, he will be gone by the 15th.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nickeil Alexander Walker isn't the best fit considering we just drafted Lonnie Walker but I'd love to have him if he's available at 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who has the higher ceiling, Lonnie or Alexander

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even market matters less and less. People have been fleeing from LA and they can’t even build a playoff team with 5 years worth of top 5 picks!
    i remember when TD 21 was once a pretty decent poster. now, we get these banal posts full of the tired narrative (small markets have no shot in free agency, pop is irrelevant...).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see your thoughts on Bruno Fernando.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thybulle, Grant Williams, Nickeil Walker, and Kabengele all look interesting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nickeil Alexander Walker isn't the best fit considering we just drafted Lonnie Walker but I'd love to have him if he's available at 19.
    i really like NAW, not a need but he could be a nice player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best player available. We better not draft on need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best player available. We better not draft on need.
    im starting to lean to that way of thinking to, I really wish we could grab a SF but if a big or even a guard fell to us at 19 I wouldn’t be opposed to it

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure where Kabengale(nephew of Mutombo) is projected but I like him a lot. He gives great interviews showing a certain level of intelligence. Based on the interviews he seems like a good guy and a good teammate. His highlights show incredible on court passion(think draymond). He seems ambitious with his game. By that I mean he seems to want to be a complete player with many skills and not just a niche player. This presents the potential of a higher ceiling which is preferable for this talent deprived team. Obviously the Spurs will niche him down and then grow him into the best player possible from there but I like his mindset.

Interview:

2 year old video of him practicing:

Highlights:

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks. If he's missing that many threes while not being guarded and posting on YT.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was 2 years ago. He hit 37% on 3's and 76% of fts this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Kabengele. Good touch around the rim with both hands, can play in the post and the open court, athletic, long, good shot blocker and shoots decent percentages from everywhere. He's the perfect modern 4/small ball 5 and projected as a late first rounder. Picking him at 29 would be great and fill a need for this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bol is available, we have to take him. This talk about him being too thin for his position is complete bull in a league that no longer relies on bigs playing like bigs and shoot threes. Also, his weight is the same as Admiral's was in his prime.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bol is available, we have to take him. This talk about him being too thin for his position is complete bull in a league that no longer relies on bigs playing like bigs and shoot threes. Also, his weight is the same as Admiral's was in his prime.

Have you been watching the playoffs? The damage that guys like Jokic and Embiid have been doing? Portland would have been out of their series if not for Kanter, and if Nurkic hadn't gotten hurt they might have already closed out Denver. D-Rob was built like a Greek God (I would know). Bol is built like Ichabod Crane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got my tickets to the draft *insert prayer hand emoji *insert fire emoji

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree Bol Bol has a fragile looking body, but that can be deceptive. Similar guys like Tayshaun Prince and Kevin Durant have shown pretty impressive durability during their careers. The foot injury is worrying though...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have all ready seen how a broken foot can end a ballers basketball life just to much stress and pressure won’t hold up.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make sure you show extreme emotions no matter who the spurs pick. Even if you don't know them. That's draft protocol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw a playoff game where one highly regarded team had 5 guards on the floor. I have no inside sources among super scouts. So much depends on what teams do that are above us in the draft. Highlight reels aren't worth . False leads about seeing some large body in the airport who MIGHT be a player come to work out for the Spurs, according to a guy who told somebody's cousin aren't as good as highlight reels.

I haven't seen anything from POP or RC about their evaluations of the current roster or where they might make changes. They never give up their secret plans for the draft on some obscure player no one thought was in the mix.

This thread gets more and more like a rumor mill and/or circle jerk. Thanks for all your opinions but I can wait for the two guys who make millions to make those decisions to do their magic once again.

I hope.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even market matters less and less. People have been fleeing from LA and they can’t even build a playoff team with 5 years worth of top 5 picks!
    Yet one of the two best players ever signed with them despite their incompetence and seemingly ever superstar player or at least superstar name has either already forced or is rumored to sign with a big market team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet one of the two best players ever signed with them despite their incompetence and seemingly ever superstar player or at least superstar name has either already forced or is rumored to sign with a big market team.
    This is pretty intellectually dishonest. They have had way more players leave them and turn them down then they have had choose them.

Lebron is a big time outlier and basically the only one in 6 years; it had nothing to do with basketball and he’s the only one that mattered to. Even with Bron coming they couldn’t attract another FA. PG would not even give them a meeting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have fun.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurstalk so dumb they only want fa who shoot 30+ fga..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing Hachimura in top 5 all the way to 20. Yall think he drops to 19?

Thread Information