Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh Jackson just got arrested, maybe SA can trade pick 29 and Mills for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One under the radar free agent I like is Khem Birch of Orlando. 6'9" high energy, high PER center who can switch defensively and give you a solid 15 mpg. Another that was originally suggested by ZeusWillJudge is Darius Miller of New Orleans. 6'8" SF, career 38% from three, one of only four/five players on the Pelicans' roster to register positive advanced stats this year, depending on which source you look at. Neither guy is a world-beater, but both could be reliable inexpensive bench players.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 05-13-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty intellectually dishonest. They have had way more players leave them and turn them down then they have had choose them.

Lebron is a big time outlier and basically the only one in 6 years; it had nothing to do with basketball and he’s the only one that mattered to. Even with Bron coming they couldn’t attract another FA. PG would not even give them a meeting.
    Yet they got the big fish.

I was clearly talking about the past 1-2 years, where virtually every diva is rumored to want to sign in L.A. or New York. It doesn't matter that the Clippers are more appealing to them than the Lakers at the moment or to a lesser extent, the Nets to the Knicks. The point is, no matter the team, those are the biggest markets.

The only chance the majority of markets have, is if the player is foreign, mixed or a combination of both. Especially in the Spurs case, since they've so clearly tried to distance themselves from a stereotypical NBA environment. That didn't matter when they were led by 3 players who fit the description I alluded to. The second they weren't, it immediately became an issue.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh Jackson just got arrested, maybe SA can trade pick 29 and Mills for him
    Atlanta has an empty payroll and 0 PGs, besides Trae Young. Maybe they'll take Mills for "leadership and culture"? Throw in 29th and a 2nd rounder. Trade Belli and Bertans and get no salary back and you suddenly get some space for a nice free agent SF. Along with 19th pick and Murray returning I can see a much better roster and a cleared logjam at guard position.

Shame it is not happening and not even considered, cause wombats are so valuable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet they got the big fish.

I was clearly talking about the past 1-2 years, where virtually every diva is rumored to want to sign in L.A. or New York. It doesn't matter that the Clippers are more appealing to them than the Lakers at the moment or to a lesser extent, the Nets to the Knicks. The point is, no matter the team, those are the biggest markets.

The only chance the majority of markets have, is if the player is foreign, mixed or a combination of both. Especially in the Spurs case, since they've so clearly tried to distance themselves from a stereotypical NBA environment. That didn't matter when they were led by 3 players who fit the description I alluded to. The second they weren't, it immediately became an issue.
    Key word is rumored. Meanwhile, for the past 6-8 years no actual big free agent has touched Lakers, Clippers, NY or BKY.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Key word is rumored. Meanwhile, for the past 6-8 years no actual big free agent has touched Lakers, Clippers, NY or BKY.
    So the most connected people in the industry, who have been repeatedly proven correct, aren't credible enough for you? And again, I said the past 1-2 years. The big market is back in style.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've said you expect Kawhi to go to LA..it sounds like a given that at least 1 of Kyrie/Durant is going to New York..what will you say then?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One under the radar free agent I like is Khem Birch of Orlando. 6'9" high energy, high PER center who can switch defensively and give you a solid 15 mpg. Another that was originally suggested by ZeusWillJudge is Darius Miller of New Orleans. 6'8" SF, career 38% from three, one of only four/five players on the Pelicans' roster to register positive advanced stats this year, depending on which source you look at. Neither guy is a world-beater, but both could be reliable inexpensive bench players.

I still think Darius Miller would be a good signing. He's not going to put the team back in the Finals or anything, but I think he would be a good solid addition to the team, at a good price. At least I think he's going to be pretty affordable. I really like him as a target for the Spurs, and I would MUCH rather have him than Belinelli. He's a legit 3P threat, and he does everything else better than Belinelli.

I wish Birch had stayed with Olympiacos for another year, or even two. And I think Orlando was a terrible place for him to land in the NBA. He's not bad on the defensive end, as long as he doesn't have to guard the really big boys - kind of like David West. (I'm not comparing him to West on anything but that.) He's a good rebounder, and gets his share of put-back baskets - but that's pretty much it. If he could add just one other element to his offensive game, either some kind of jump shot or PnR, he could earn minutes. I just don't know where a guy his age learns to run the PnR. But as a min-contract hustle guy, he's wouldn't be terrible. But I don't think the Spurs would kick Metu off the roster to put him on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've said you expect Kawhi to go to LA..it sounds like a given that at least 1 of Kyrie/Durant is going to New York..what will you say then?
    I’d say eventually stars will go to those teams. But there’s very much been a shift. I don’t see how that is arguable. If stars going to big markets once every 5-7 years now makes it a thing, ok I guess

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Heh. If you want to talk rumors, for the past couple of decades I can't count the number of players who were "rumored" to be coming to SA. People here always joke that they use the Spurs as a way to get more money from other teams, but I think there may be something to that.

For a long time now, the Lakers have been a place that players escape from, not gravitate to. And the biggest reason is their bumbling, stumbling management after they lost Jerry Buss and Jerry West. People can say whatever they want to, but good players would much rather have come play under PATFO than the clowns that have gone through the revolving doors in the Lakers' FO since then. LeBron's ego told him that he could do it on his own, and the New Lakers would be recognized as the House LeBron Built. He better get busy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I Know this draft isn’t very deep but I like a lot of the players I have looked into. There’s not many players I’ve seen that I would be pissed if Pop/Rc selected. I think there will be some diamonds in the rough. Probably not any stars but some really good players to add to are young core

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft night could be extremely intersting for us because we definively have picks and assets that could be interesting for a lot of teams. Considering that's the first and only market window before july 1srt, that night will probably anticipate a lot about the direction this team decide to go for next years...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will lol if cavs win no.1 pick...pics zion, but becomes a bust like bennett pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got my tickets to the draft *insert prayer hand emoji *insert fire emoji
    How much were the tix?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much were the tix?
    The ones I got are $150 each. They go all the way up to 2K each (which is stupid). I’ve been 2 years in a row (now 3), upper bowl is fine. It’s not a game with action going on, it’s about the environment and buzz and you watch the Jumbotron a lot anyways.

Might be able to find a little cheaper closer to the event but id say expect to pay $100-$150 for an upper ticket & $250+ as it gets lower.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny to me that so many mocks have the Knicks getting the #1 pick and taking Zion. There's an 86% chance they don't get it, which is statistically pretty significant. I'd love it if New Orleans won it (6% chance): that would rock the NBA, make AD seriously consider staying, and be a great off season story.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 05-14-2019 at 12:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just not the Lakers. Don’t let the Lakers get the number one pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny to me that so many mocks have the Knicks getting the #1 pick and taking Zion. There's an 86% chance they don't get it, which is statistically pretty significant. I'd love it if New Orleans won it (6% chance): that would rock the NBA, make AD seriously consider staying, and be a great off season story.
    No man!! We'd get killed 4 times a season! lol we can't even beat them with the team they have now...imagine with zion? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've already seen multiple conspiracy theories guaranteeing the Lakers or the Knicks get the #1 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've already seen multiple conspiracy theories guaranteeing the Lakers or the Knicks get the #1 pick.
    Knicks are in a 3 way tie for the best odds so nothing surprising there. If La lands the number one pick with a 2% chance I will die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF Lakers getting a top 4 pick!?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zion and Davis...damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m happy for the pelicans, better them then the lakers

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF Lakers getting a top 4 pick!?!
    Doesn’t matter, they have gotten better picks lately and still screwed it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF. Are you like Nostradamus or some ?

Thread Information