Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well another one of my sleeper picks took a hit. I was really hoping that Cody Martin might be a bargain second round pickup for a backup SF. He got invited to the G-League Elite camp, and performed well enough to get invited to stay for the combine. He and his twin brother played for Nevada. They showed well in the NCAA the last two years. Some of you may remember that last year they led Nevada to a surprise Sweet 16 appearance. This year they lost to Florida in the first round, but Cody had 23 points and 5 boards, while Caleb had 19 points and 8 boards. I like Cody's game for the New NBA. He can create his own shot, and he dishes a lot of AST to teammates. His 3P% isn't quite good enough (.358), but I think he will improve with just a little bit of help. He's got good handles, PG-like skills, and doesn't turn the ball over a lot. He's a decent defender, and every time I've watched him he's picked up a couple of steals. It looks like he's performing better on his own, without Caleb on the floor with him.

The problem is, the brothers are listed at 6'7". But at the combine, he measured just 6' 4.75" without shoes. He was 6'5.5" in shoes, but that just means that he needs to get a taller pair of shoes like everyone else. (They average about 1.5" extra with shoes.) He's still taller than Nassir Little and Admiral Schofield, who a lot of people like as SF's. But I really wanted to see the Spurs pick someone with legit SF size - like 6'7" - 6'8".

I still think he's going to be a bargain second round pickup. He's got a 6'10.25" wingpan and an 8'6.5" standing reach. Last year they tested the draft and he was a reasonably good athlete. Like fourth in lane agility, and sprint, and standing vertical. The Spurs are just loaded with guys in the 6'5" range. Still, if there's any chance of the Spurs trading one of the young guys, he would be a good place to use that 49 pick.

Here's a video of him and his brother's highlights from the loss to Florida in the NCAA this year.

Im with You for cody as a second round, he is athletic, Can pass, score, defend... last year Caleb was better for me but after watching them This year imo cody is the better twin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really knows how to play though. He's a combo guard that can play in the post and play out to the perimeter. He's a modern point. I think he could be really good. I know it may not make sense if you are looking at our team with a traditional grasp on roster construction but now teams do play 3 guards in lineups. DX is pretty reputable although I doubt they have any real links to the Spurs this early. Just saying though, the kid is very talented and has a modern game.
    Yeah I mean I like what I hear about him anyways. Wonder how far he could fall. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t fall to late 20’s it’d be worth taking a chance and trying to get him at 29 maybe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ultimate sleeper-built to play SF, great last name----------------Wilkes - UCLA.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grant Williams apparently has premium agility. Take him at 19. Steal of the draft.

My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    The only concern is he’s 6’4 and not super athletic. He can play, solid defender, and he’s strong. But he is undersized even though he’s got long arms
    I love him, but doubt he falls to #19. If so, that's the easy choice, IMO. Reminds me of Gary Harris somewhat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grant Williams apparently has premium agility. Take him at 19. Steal of the draft.
    Nah, people here dont think hes agile enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chance you can do one on C Jessie Govan Georgetown?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if anyone else commented about what i'm about to say and if this is the right place to post it but Mesina said that he and Pop are talking about Micic from Efes. I really like Micic and i hope we get him for next season. Does any NBA team has his rights?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if anyone else commented about what i'm about to say and if this is the right place to post it but Mesina said that he and Pop are talking about Micic from Efes. I really like Micic and i hope we get him for next season. Does any NBA team has his rights?
    more guards? That's weird. He was a Philly 2nd round pick in the 2014 draft, not sure if they still hold those rights

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...xtension-deal/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more guards? That's weird. He was a Philly 2nd round pick in the 2014 draft, not sure if they still hold those rights
    If we can somehow send Mills packing to philly which i hope we can then yeah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can somehow send Mills packing to philly which i hope we can then yeah
    that's a Spurs fans dream, doubt it though. Micic is nice, 6'5'' can play the 1 and 2, good passer and shooter and only 25 years old

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's a Spurs fans dream, doubt it though. Micic is nice, 6'5'' can play the 1 and 2, good passer and shooter and only 25 years old
    I agree, i'm afraid its gonna stay a dream too, dammit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy below was recommended by Messina:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmmm......hmmmm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any of you good folks think the team will keep Metu? His salary is small but doesnt he hold a roster spot for the big club? He is still young but he didn't even fair well in the development league

I thought Eubanks looked solid the couple of times he played and would be more deserving of a spot. Not to mention alot of folks seem high on Ben Moore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A young Belly Nelly. Not a bad thing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any of you good folks think the team will keep Metu? His salary is small but doesnt he hold a roster spot for the big club? He is still young but he didn't even fair well in the development league

I thought Eubanks looked solid the couple of times he played and would be more deserving of a spot. Not to mention alot of folks seem high on Ben Moore
    I have a su ion they will rethink the D-league call up contracts (Eubanks, Moore). Metu could get caught up in such a review of players in the D-league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Metu will be fine. Let the kid develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah hope they continue to develope Meto, he’s an intriguing prospect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Taj Gibson for the full MLE? I doubt he wants to stay in Minnesota.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the same about Taj, I think he would be a good realistic get but if we do that we gotta get a wing in the draft I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the same about Taj, I think he would be a good realistic get but if we do that we gotta get a wing in the draft I think.
    We have a ton of wing players. Spurs still got Lonnie Walker to develop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want to pay him the full MLE. He doesn't have much of jumper. He's a pure 4 who's pretty reliant on athleticism. He's 34 next season... A full MLE would take him to 37. 1 Year at the MLE might be OK, but I'm thinking there are a) better places to put the investment, and b) he won't sign for just 1 year. If he gets greedy though, he may be stuck looking at a vet min deal after the initial flurry of deals; at that point, he'd be attractive (depending on roster at that point, of course).

Thread Information