Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want to pay him the full MLE. He doesn't have much of jumper. He's a pure 4 who's pretty reliant on athleticism. He's 34 next season... A full MLE would take him to 37. 1 Year at the MLE might be OK, but I'm thinking there are a) better places to put the investment, and b) he won't sign for just 1 year. If he gets greedy though, he may be stuck looking at a vet min deal after the initial flurry of deals; at that point, he'd be attractive (depending on roster at that point, of course).
    Sorry, I meant the full MLE for next year, not a long term one. Basically, bring back Gay the use the available money on Taj Gibson. I think Spurs beat the Nuggets with another solid big man. Thad Young or Julius Randle would be better, but I don’t think either is realistic for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have a ton of wing players. Spurs still got Lonnie Walker to develop.
    I mean more of a big wing SF/PF player, Lonnie is more of a SG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu will be fine. Let the kid develop.
    timvp said that he was drafted on the basis of setting great picks at USC, and rolling to the rim. If that's his skill set, he should ing stick to it. He's a walking disaster handling or shooting the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, I meant the full MLE for next year, not a long term one. Basically, bring back Gay the use the available money on Taj Gibson. I think Spurs beat the Nuggets with another solid big man. Thad Young or Julius Randle would be better, but I don’t think either is realistic for us.
    Taj is getting to that point where he can no longer switch out effectively, and would get pick and rolled to death in the playoffs, much like Beli did this year. Taj from 4-5 years ago would still have value, but he ain't that guy any more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need forwards who can defend and shoot the 3. A player who can't do both of these things shouldn't even be on their radar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need forwards who can defend and shoot the 3. A player who can't do both of these things shouldn't even be on their radar
    or derozan who does neither

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp said that he was drafted on the basis of setting great picks at USC, and rolling to the rim. If that's his skill set, he should ing stick to it. He's a walking disaster handling or shooting the ball.
    Definitely over blowing things to make yourself feel right. Whatever.
    Metu is a second round big with good athleticism. Let him develop a little before your incredible basketball mind shoves him aside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wish we could move the midrange king

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Bertans for a late 1st

PG: Murray/ White/ Mills
    SG: DeRozan/ Lonnie/ Forbes
    SF: Gay/ Luka Semanic/ Isaiah Roby
    PF: Aldridge/ Grant Williams/ Ben Moore
    C: Poetl/ Metu/ Eubanks

With this line-up, we go to the Finals. Its a complete roster with no handicaps at defense. Everyone is switchable. Adding three players with tons of potential. Thats still 14 players, room for one more with the MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching some tape on Neemias Queta, he looks like an interesting prospect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is raw as but I think Timmy could really help him develop and reach his potential

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true but Pop plays him out of position. He's a 2 not a 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With this line-up, we go to the Finals. Its a complete roster with no handicaps at defense. Everyone is switchable. Adding three players with tons of potential. Thats still 14 players, room for one more with the MLE.
    Pop don’t even play rookies. Bertrans barely played in the playoffs, yet without him we are going to the finals the following year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop don’t even play rookies. Bertrans barely played in the playoffs, yet without him we are going to the finals the following year
    In this scenario Gay and Aldridge take up a lot of minutes allowing the rooks to grow through the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that line up doesn't make it out of the first round. Use the MLE on somebody significant instead of adding 3 rookies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that line up doesn't make it out of the first round. Use the MLE on somebody significant instead of adding 3 rookies
    Umm why cant we do both?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I count 15, fwiw.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take someone out and put in Nikola

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take someone out and put in Nikola
    Ewwbanks duh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The clippers made the playoffs with 3 rookies. Don't go full pop and think only veterans can get it done.
    Never go full pop!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The clippers made the playoffs with 3 rookies. Don't go full pop and think only veterans can get it done.
    Never go full pop!
    As long as Pop is the HC, you gotta tailor your projections to his propensities.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Pop is the HC, you gotta tailor your projections to his propensities.
    I agree. But he also said last year was one of his more favorites. I wonder if he is softening up to younger players. And gets to be a bit more of a teacher again, rather than a manager

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never go full pop!

So did the Spurs and I said they would again but be a first round out like the Clippers. It's about improving and you don't improve by adding 3 rookies. Need to add at least 1 good 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So did the Spurs and I said they would again but be a first round out like the Clippers. It's about improving and you don't improve by adding 3 rookies. Need to add at least 1 good 3
    What are you proposing with our 3 picks? I already said we are able to use the 3 picks AND the MLE to improve. How much change do you think will happen this offseason?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you proposing with our 3 picks? I already said we are able to use the 3 picks AND the MLE to improve. How much change do you think will happen this offseason?
    yet when you predicted next years roster you added 3 draft picks and Eubanks while also trading Bertans

Thread Information