Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yet when you predicted next years roster you added 3 draft picks and Eubanks while also trading Bertans
    Yeah, and adding a free agent with our MLE. Bertans is not a significant to this team. If theres someone with more potential, you go for it. Again, what are you proposing we do? How much different than what I proposed do you think this offseason should become?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So did the Spurs and I said they would again but be a first round out like the Clippers. It's about improving and you don't improve by adding 3 rookies. Need to add at least 1 good 3
    The spurs and clippers are coming from different spots. The clippers weren't even thought to make the playoffs. We already are a playoff team. Adding talent weather from the draft or veterans doesn't matter. But adding talent through the draft builds for the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. But he also said last year was one of his more favorites. I wonder if he is softening up to younger players. And gets to be a bit more of a teacher again, rather than a manager
    I don't see it. Not as long as Pop regards LMA and Dumbmar as the core.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs and clippers are coming from different spots. The clippers weren't even thought to make the playoffs. We already are a playoff team. Adding talent weather from the draft or veterans doesn't matter. But adding talent through the draft builds for the future.
    Nobody said they shouldn't add draft picks, I said they should not add 3 of them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody said they shouldn't add draft picks, I said they should not add 3 of them
    So what do we do with the three picks we have? Do we trade one away? Youre so vague, man. Im not sure youre aware we currently have three picks to use. Two first round picks and 1 second round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Bertans for a late 1st

PG: Murray/ White/ Mills
    SG: DeRozan/ Lonnie/ Forbes
    SF: Gay/ Luka Semanic/ Isaiah Roby
    PF: Aldridge/ Grant Williams/ Ben Moore
    C: Poetl/ Metu/ Eubanks

With this line-up, we go to the Finals. Its a complete roster with no handicaps at defense. Everyone is switchable. Adding three players with tons of potential. Thats still 14 players, room for one more with the MLE.
    This is what you said, if you can count that's 15 Players and this line up doesn't go nowhere. Matter of fact as long as Golden State keeps the band together nobody out west goes to the finals besides them. You said THIS roster goes to the finals, so the MLE doesn't matter here since you didn't add anybody to it.

PG: Murray/White/Mills
    SG: DeRozan/Walker/Forbes
    SF: Morris/Cameron Johnson/Belinelli
    PF: Gay/Bertans/Hachimura/Metu
    C: Aldridge/Poeltl

something like this makes way more sense, especially if you got a C like Eubanks as a 2-way-contract. I still think a little trade would help. Would most likely get rid of Belinelli since Mills won't be moved anyway, but it could be Bertans or Forbes also. Maybe a sign and trade with the Pelicans and Stanley Johnson. He's an RFA so getting him since he's out west would be pretty difficult.

Cam Johnson is a very seasoned college player and knock down shooter so he could contribute right away. I want Hachimura, but I'd be happy with Roby too, he's one of my top prospects. They should try to move up in the 2nd round to get one of the injured players (Okeke, Porter) or a big like Claxton with a pick in the early 30s and sign that player to a 2-way.
    MLE targets should be Marcus Morris, Thad Young, Ariza, etc.
    I think a trade with the Hawks should be looked at, maybe they are willing to give up Prince & Bazemore, but it really depends on the asking price.
    If you can play line ups of White/Murray/DeRozan/Morris/LA or White or Murray/DeRozan/Morris/Gay/LA that could give a lot of teams on defense and offense. Morris is a player that can go off for 25 points on any given night while also playing great D and bringing some toughness. Not sure if 9.1 million is enough though. If KD goes East and no other superteam forms, that team might make it to the finals, but only if all stars align, meaning DeRozan hits 3s, Murray looks like an All-Star, White improves, Walker cracks the rotation, LA and Gay don't decline and at least 1 of the 2 rookies plays well off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh god not rui again. Marcus Morris is trash. Poetl is not coming off the bench for us. Hes being groomed to be our starting C for the next decade...thats why he was that towards the end of the season. Anyway no point in arguing about this until draft night... I cant wait to not draft Rui Hachimura.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh god not rui again. Marcus Morris is trash. Poetl is not coming off the bench for us. Hes being groomed to be our starting C for the next decade...thats why he was that towards the end of the season. Anyway no point in arguing about this until draft night... I cant wait to not draft Rui Hachimura.
    says the guy who thinks Samanic is a game changer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    says the guy who thinks Samanic is a game changer
    Im banking on one of those three to be a game changer. Lets wait until draft night to see who laughs last.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Eric Paschall to be a late first round pickup or second round of he is still there. Good handles, good outside jumper, NBA ready body, drives to the left and right, high basketball IQ, and great at finishing around the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Eric Paschall to be a late first round pickup or second round of he is still there. Good handles, good outside jumper, NBA ready body, drives to the left and right, high basketball IQ, and great at finishing around the rim.
    I was high on this guy until i realized he might just be another Quincy Pondexter since they have the same body type and they kind of play alike.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was high on this guy until i realized he might just be another Quincy Pondexter since they have the same body type and they kind of play alike.
    I think he is a better athlete and shooter than Pondexter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pondexter was a pretty good 3 and D before all of his injuries in regards to the Eric paschall comparison

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more guards? That's weird. He was a Philly 2nd round pick in the 2014 draft, not sure if they still hold those rights
    It would be nice to have a natural PG on the roster, and Micic would be a good pickup, I think. I think Micic would be a good pickup, but I was sort of surprised that Teodosic's playmaking didn't really translate as well as I thought it would. Micic is a better defender, IMO, but I would have expected Teo to be better on the offensive end.

I've tried to figure out why Messina would be talking about him, and about his and Pop's conversations about him. Philly holds his draft rights. I haven't seen anything about him actually signing the extension with Efes, but even if he passed the Spurs would still have to make arrangements to get him away from the Sixers. Philadelphia has a buttload of cap space - maybe the Spurs could send Patty straight up for his draft rights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers need shooting and experience.

As Pop "let" Parker go, i could see him parting ways with Patty annd then Rudy / LMA taking the elders role. Who knows.

Phila will not use their 5 picks in the 2nd round. No way they add that many new players.

Micic is a decent player who could be had for the cheap. Even without the Mills trade.

Btw haven't seen any talk about O’Shae Brissett.

A type of wing that the Spurs could really use. 3PT shooting being his only glaring weakness.
    Last edited by JuneJive; 05-25-2019 at 09:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already 22 years old but I watched his highlights, got a good shooting stroke. He looks smaller than his listed height though (6'7"). Could be a next Draymond Green? Not bad for 29th pick I guess. I like his energy and how he moves for his size and position.

Sadly, I think the Warriors got an eye on this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. I already liked this Eric Paschall. Minus the measurements (can't see an accurate data) and his age, he's an NBA ready type of player. I see Paul Millsap/Draymond Green in him. He can ball and defend, he's pretty mobile and athletic for his listed position (PF).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. I already liked this Eric Paschall. Minus the measurements (can't see an accurate data) and his age, he's an NBA ready type of player. I see Paul Millsap/Draymond Green in him. He can ball and defend, he's pretty mobile and athletic for his listed position (PF).
    he had pretty good results as a leaper ( max vert...) but was not good at agility drills ( shuttle run, three quarter sprint ....). I think also that he is ready and can contribute to an nba team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he had pretty good results as a leaper ( max vert...) but was not good at agility drills ( shuttle run, three quarter sprint ....). I think also that he is ready and can contribute to an nba team.
    Still, not bad since he's a PF. He seems pretty mobile in half-court. I won't be mad if the Spurs pick this guy at 29th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still, not bad since he's a PF. He seems pretty mobile in half-court. I won't be mad if the Spurs pick this guy at 29th pick.
    I dont think hes a PF. He even calls himself a guard on his instagrm. This dude wants to play a wing role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think hes a PF. He even calls himself a guard on his instagrm. This dude wants to play a wing role.
    Well he's listed as PF on some other site. Well good to know he's a combo forward. Hope he's somehow strong like D. Green or P. Millsap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he's listed as PF on some other site. Well good to know he's a combo forward. Hope he's somehow strong like D. Green or P. Millsap.
    Have you watched some of his film? I just hate most of these sites sometimes where they totally get these players positions wrong. Though Rui is listed as a PF on most sites, most people here have no issues calling him a SF. It is weird. But i agree he is a PF just because of the way he plays vs how Eric Paschall plays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this offseason can only be a win if one of patty, derozan or Aldridge goes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second round pick ... Tyus Battle:

Thread Information