Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is one of the more underappreciated games of Tim Duncan's career. Check out this stat line:

32 points, 20 rebounds, 6 assists, 7 blocks, 3 steals

He came within 2 steals of having the only 5x5 game in NBA Finals history. I went back and did some research to see if any other player had a Finals performance quite like this and couldn't find one. I went back to the 1973-74 season, when the NBA started keeping track of blocks. I couldn't find another player in the last 45 years that had 30 points and 20 rebounds with at least 5 blocks. What an amazing performance!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Speedy Claxton

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Speedy Claxton
    Yeah, he was clutch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2001-2002 and 2002-2003 Duncan was a beast on both ends of the floor. This game, and game 6 of this series were two of the best individual Finals performances, ever, coming within a whisker of both a 5X5 and a quadruple double in the same series.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2001-2002 and 2002-2003 Duncan was a beast on both ends of the floor. This game, and game 6 of this series were two of the best individual Finals performances, ever, coming within a whisker of both a 5X5 and a quadruple double in the same series.
    I think he was every bit as good in the 2003-04 season as well, but he was tired from that championship run and playing FIBA. He also had that knee injury that kept him out 13 games.

Thread Information