Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta has an empty payroll and 0 PGs, besides Trae Young. Maybe they'll take Mills for "leadership and culture"? Throw in 29th and a 2nd rounder. Trade Belli and Bertans and get no salary back and you suddenly get some space for a nice free agent SF. Along with 19th pick and Murray returning I can see a much better roster and a cleared logjam at guard position.

Shame it is not happening and not even considered, cause wombats are so valuable
    Do you plan on bringing Gay back? If so, under your scenario, you would go into the trade with about $115mm of salary once you renounce Pondexter/Cunningham/Montiejunas. Remove all three guys for $26mm and you’re at $90mm or so. That’s gives you space of $19mm give or take. Probably a bit less with incomplete roster charges.

You lose the MLE. That assumes a team takes back them without salary back.

I could see it being attractive, but who would you target? You’d lose a ton of shooting overnight. I can see two of those guys being moved but not all threez

If you renounced Gay too, you’re looking at huge cap space.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you plan on bringing Gay back? If so, under your scenario, you would go into the trade with about $115mm of salary once you renounce Pondexter/Cunningham/Montiejunas. Remove all three guys for $26mm and you’re at $90mm or so. That’s gives you space of $19mm give or take. Probably a bit less with incomplete roster charges.

You lose the MLE. That assumes a team takes back them without salary back.

I could see it being attractive, but who would you target? You’d lose a ton of shooting overnight. I can see two of those guys being moved but not all threez

If you renounced Gay too, you’re looking at huge cap space.
    Yes, renounce Gay and go for a top FA, like Harris, Butler, Middleton. Maybe squeeze in Bogdanovich and Gay together. Draft a shooter 6”6 or taller with 19th, hope that remaining guards will develop 3pt shots. We’ve already heard, that Murray has been improving, need White to stop being so shy shooting the 3, make DDR shoot it like his last season with TO. Lonnie is still a question mark, but he seems to have a nice stroke too.

This might be the only way to contend in the coming years, especially with Durant going east and CP3 aging

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF. Are you like Nostradamus or some ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, what do you think of the NBA draft lottery order now?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sold Kabengele at 19
    Roby @29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you add a Kevin Porter profile. If available and Spurs go for broke potential-wise at what could available when they pick he might be a target. Spurs are loaded at that position with young players in Murray, White and Walker but Spurs seem to have the best luck developing that type player as opposed to drafted bigs, and one of them could eventually prove to be a valuable trade asset a la George Hill. As a bonus think of the endless ing fodder it would provide Spurstalk arguing who’s better and who deserves to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just read that the FA period has been moved up to June 30th at 6:00 PM (EST).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody add a Kerry blackshear profile. Just saw that we worked him out today

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd draft tako in the second round if he agreed to play in the G League.. Kid would sell tickets. Also with the two first likely going down this year it would be a great draw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX has is taking Talen Horton-Tucker at 19. I must say I'm very impressed with him. I wouldn't mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for the DeAndre Hunter profile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX has is taking Talen Horton-Tucker at 19. I must say I'm very impressed with him. I wouldn't mind.
    The only concern is he’s 6’4 and not super athletic. He can play, solid defender, and he’s strong. But he is undersized even though he’s got long arms

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for the DeAndre Hunter profile.

Hunter was my guy at the beginning of the season. Then he went and played himself out of reach. I think he'll go too high now to even be realistic to trade up for him. I think he could have made the team better soon, if not immediately.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I've gathered from all the mocks is that most prospects aren't very intriguing outside of the top 3/4 spots. Some people have some players going later lottery or late 1st round. wide range ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A link that I haven't seen posted:

http://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable

The draftexpress top 100 Big board, with summaries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/airalam...eus-young/amp/

Spurs interested in Thaddeus Young?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm happy for the draftexpress guys that they got a deal working for ESPN but I miss when they ran their own site and had all the info not behind a pay wall. It seems no other site has info on the players measurements besides them so far.

NBA.com and NBA TV really needs hire some folks to keep up with stuff like this. It's crazy how better NFL network and their website is compared to the NBA's. Being that this is more of a global game and league they really should try and beef up their network and website

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well another one of my sleeper picks took a hit. I was really hoping that Cody Martin might be a bargain second round pickup for a backup SF. He got invited to the G-League Elite camp, and performed well enough to get invited to stay for the combine. He and his twin brother played for Nevada. They showed well in the NCAA the last two years. Some of you may remember that last year they led Nevada to a surprise Sweet 16 appearance. This year they lost to Florida in the first round, but Cody had 23 points and 5 boards, while Caleb had 19 points and 8 boards. I like Cody's game for the New NBA. He can create his own shot, and he dishes a lot of AST to teammates. His 3P% isn't quite good enough (.358), but I think he will improve with just a little bit of help. He's got good handles, PG-like skills, and doesn't turn the ball over a lot. He's a decent defender, and every time I've watched him he's picked up a couple of steals. It looks like he's performing better on his own, without Caleb on the floor with him.

The problem is, the brothers are listed at 6'7". But at the combine, he measured just 6' 4.75" without shoes. He was 6'5.5" in shoes, but that just means that he needs to get a taller pair of shoes like everyone else. (They average about 1.5" extra with shoes.) He's still taller than Nassir Little and Admiral Schofield, who a lot of people like as SF's. But I really wanted to see the Spurs pick someone with legit SF size - like 6'7" - 6'8".

I still think he's going to be a bargain second round pickup. He's got a 6'10.25" wingpan and an 8'6.5" standing reach. Last year they tested the draft and he was a reasonably good athlete. Like fourth in lane agility, and sprint, and standing vertical. The Spurs are just loaded with guys in the 6'5" range. Still, if there's any chance of the Spurs trading one of the young guys, he would be a good place to use that 49 pick.

Here's a video of him and his brother's highlights from the loss to Florida in the NCAA this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen three separate references just today to De'Andre Hunter as the "Kawhi Leonard of this draft." He had a better shooting year & lower usage rate than RJ Barrett, who seems to me a bit worrying as a #3-- one scout used DeRozan as a player comparison, and another called him an "Alpha Andrew Wiggins." Those analogies wouldn't thrill me if I was a GM with the #3 pick. I wonder if someone will opt for the more efficient & better defending Hunter over Barrett. If the Knicks keep the pick and are confident that they're getting Durant, Hunter might be the better choice so they don't replicate the Durant/Westbrook dilemma of who-gets-to-shoot-more...
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 05-16-2019 at 01:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta has an empty payroll and 0 PGs, besides Trae Young. Maybe they'll take Mills for "leadership and culture"? Throw in 29th and a 2nd rounder. Trade Belli and Bertans and get no salary back and you suddenly get some space for a nice free agent SF. Along with 19th pick and Murray returning I can see a much better roster and a cleared logjam at guard position.

Shame it is not happening and not even considered, cause wombats are so valuable
    It's not going to happen, because it's pie in the sky. No one is renting two years cap space for Patty for #29 in a bad draft, and no one is taking Belli or Bertans without a sweetener.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody add a Kerry blackshear profile. Just saw that we worked him out today
    Spurs work out players for the second round or Austin. Any first round prospects they would work out usually get poached by another team.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will the recently added Combine Result also added to the previous profiles? Much appreciated!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will the recently added Combine Result also added to the previous profiles? Much appreciated!
    Yeah, I'll go back and add them in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only concern is he’s 6’4 and not super athletic. He can play, solid defender, and he’s strong. But he is undersized even though he’s got long arms
    He really knows how to play though. He's a combo guard that can play in the post and play out to the perimeter. He's a modern point. I think he could be really good. I know it may not make sense if you are looking at our team with a traditional grasp on roster construction but now teams do play 3 guards in lineups. DX is pretty reputable although I doubt they have any real links to the Spurs this early. Just saying though, the kid is very talented and has a modern game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope this is true. But if not then i hope Marcus Morris will be on their radar this summer.

Thread Information