Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s too much featured, compared to newly champ Kawhi, first guy from Japan in lottery. I mean this guy was never going to fall to 19

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That he went top ten was a bit of a surprise, tbh. I don't remember one mock draft having him top ten. Many didn't have him top fifteen.

The mocks this year were pathetic. Maybe they're always that bad, and it just bugged me more this year for some reason. But pretty late in the process, I saw someone in the top 10 on one mock, and well down into the 30's on another. People were calling Bol Bol in the top 10, and he damn near went undrafted (If Miami hadn't taken him, he could have.) That tells me that the hype fooled the out of the "analysts" but not the GM's of NBA teams.

The post draft analysis has been just as stupid. I read one article that gave Phoenix an F for their draft grade - and they said they considered giving them a G. The next one I read gave them a solid B. Don't think these guys know anything just because they write articles for a website.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mocks this year were pathetic. Maybe they're always that bad, and it just bugged me more this year for some reason. But pretty late in the process, I saw someone in the top 10 on one mock, and well down into the 30's on another. People were calling Bol Bol in the top 10, and he damn near went undrafted (If Miami hadn't taken him, he could have.) That tells me that the hype fooled the out of the "analysts" but not the GM's of NBA teams.

The post draft analysis has been just as stupid. I read one article that gave Phoenix an F for their draft grade - and they said they considered giving them a G. The next one I read gave them a solid B. Don't think these guys know anything just because they write articles for a website.
    Yea, lots of corporate cucks nowadays. You can't expect much from the watered down media. Though mock drafts in the NBA tend to be a crap shoot after about the first five picks. I expected Rui to go between 12 and 15. Their was no noise on someone reaching for Rui in the top ten. My hope was that if the teams in that range that were interested didn't draft him, then 16-18 wouldn't deviate from their plans and we'd get the steal of the draft.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was high on this guy; and he's frankly having a decent season for a rookie. But that .241 3FG making me think it's not so bad we didn't get Rui.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was high on this guy; and he's frankly having a decent season for a rookie. But that .241 3FG making me think it's not so bad we didn't get Rui.
    He’s giving the Wizards more than Luka is giving the Spurs this season.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might have me confused with a Pop sniffer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hachimura is one of about two handfuls of starters that is playing worse than Bryn Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hachimura is one of about two handfuls of starters that is playing worse than Bryn Forbes.
    Hachimura also went 10 spots ahead of the Spurs' highest pick (Luka) last June. So it's kind of an academic discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude sucks. Turn the page.

We'll probably give him a 2-year $30MM deal when his rookie contract expires.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot this mother er is 22 already. I was thinking he was 19 or 20 with the potential to improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot this mother er is 22 already. I was thinking he was 19 or 20 with the potential to improve.
    Like back in the day when you said MKG had more potential than Kawhi?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like back in the day when you said MKG had more potential than Kawhi?
    MKG and Kawhi had the same holes in their games at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot how much buzz Hachimura generated in this forum. Any interest in taking advantage of the Lakers financial situation? This hack seems to think he’ll return to the Lakers at 3 years 33 million?
    https://www.si.com/nba/lakers/news/w...fseason-mw1996

Looking at his entire playoff run, he tallied 12.2 points and 3.6 rebounds per game while showcasing his defensive versatility, particularly in the Nuggets series.

Even though Los Angeles fell to Denver, Hachimura proved himself capable of guarding the Nuggets two-time MVP center Nikola Jokic, enabling Anthony Davis to rotate easier and attack the boards.

In addition to that, Hachimura became a reliable perimeter option for the Lakers, shooting at a 49 percent clip from deep and helping to patch a whole that Los Angeles needed to fill.
    He’s already 25 but he was one of the few Lakers who was consistent these playoffs. I can see some positives starting with replacing KBD. 3 years 45 million?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are facing a massive roster crunch that will get even worse in the next years. Paying for marginal talent doesn't really make sense, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot how much buzz Hachimura generated in this forum. Any interest in taking advantage of the Lakers financial situation? This hack seems to think he’ll return to the Lakers at 3 years 33 million?
    https://www.si.com/nba/lakers/news/w...fseason-mw1996

He’s already 25 but he was one of the few Lakers who was consistent these playoffs. I can see some positives starting with replacing KBD. 3 years 45 million?

OK

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh no thanks. You're going to play him over Sochan or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh no thanks. You're going to play him over Sochan or something?
    Nahhhh not over Sochan but I don’t see why they wouldn’t be able to play together. Hopefully he would accept a role off the bench like he did in LA. I’m not saying he’s a Jokic stopper but he seems to be at least an option when defending Jokic. Wembanyama won’t be asked to defend Jokic right? Especially the way he’s allowed to play. I just recently started examining his offensive game and he’s allowed to hook and chicken wing defenders almost every possession. I doubt they’ll ask Wembanyama to have any part of that ridiculousness. I was just thinking it was time to upgrade from KBD. He gets way too much time in the rotation. It seems like Pop views him as an Elie or Bowen type.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, this is the year to rent capspace for a super distant FRP. Keep powder dry for next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nahhhh not over Sochan but I don’t see why they wouldn’t be able to play together. Hopefully he would accept a role off the bench like he did in LA. I’m not saying he’s a Jokic stopper but he seems to be at least an option when defending Jokic. Wembanyama won’t be asked to defend Jokic right? Especially the way he’s allowed to play. I just recently started examining his offensive game and he’s allowed to hook and chicken wing defenders almost every possession. I doubt they’ll ask Wembanyama to have any part of that ridiculousness. I was just thinking it was time to upgrade from KBD. He gets way too much time in the rotation. It seems like Pop views him as an Elie or Bowen type.
    You're not paying $15 million a year for another bench guy in a league with a luxury tax as punitive as it becomes starting next season. they're probably be forced to trade Keldon since can't see Sochan as the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are facing a massive roster crunch that will get even worse in the next years. Paying for marginal talent doesn't really make sense, imo.
    Don’t you think most of these upcoming draft picks will be spending years in Austin? Obviously unless they hit on a few but there’s no rush to bring these kids up immediately. If the Charlotte pick conveys next season, which is up in the air, that pick and the Toronto pick will both spend their seasons in Austin, along with the Spurs draft pick which I don’t think will be in the lottery. I just hope there’s no more need for KBD types with the salary cap situation being what it is. I hear you on not throwing money away I just think it would be smart financially because he could improve the bench immediately and wouldn’t cost much. I liked what I saw with his two way ability these playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, this is the year to rent capspace for a super distant FRP. Keep powder dry for next year
    That sounds great but if the Lakers wouldn’t trade either their ‘27 or ‘29 picks for us to take on Westbrook is that plan even realistic? Maybe it was just not wanting to deal with a rival just like the Kawhi fiasco. I know what you mean though there’s no need to panic but I don’t see signing a young player to a bargain contract that improves the rotation as rushing anything just being opportunistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not paying $15 million a year for another bench guy in a league with a luxury tax as punitive as it becomes starting next season. they're probably be forced to trade Keldon since can't see Sochan as the point.
    spurs arent going to approach the tax until wemby gets his big contract 4 years from now

as long as you are signing young-ish guys, they are movable assets. thats why im not concerned with paying keldon/vassell or a guy like Rui. theyre not on max type deals that are going to be contract albatrosses. with that said, we are getting logjammed at that spot, dno if Rui is enough of a needle mover to be a priority signing. he's like Keldon but can actually get away with being a 4 defensively

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs arent going to approach the tax until wemby gets his big contract 4 years from now
    Could be sooner if they add a star in exchange for their picks in a year or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Save our money for when we sign Giannis to a Max in 2025 tbh. And then re-sign Wemby in 2027.

Thread Information