Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never heard of him but just based on YT vids that's our next Nephew, bruh. I think he'd be an instant contributor and eventual starter at SF his rookie year just like Nephew. And he's international so you know he won't bail on us once he blows up.

Do whatever needs to be done to move up and secure him. Instagram Baller+pick, imo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him a lot I watched a lot of him this season. Unfortunately he will be off the board before the 19th pick.
    Trade up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too much of a project for the first round pick. Also a product of the NCAA hype machine (big school). Would rather an under the radar guy or high risk high reward guy than a limited hyped up project guy who at best will be a role player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see him around 15 or so. He's old enough to scare off a lot of teams, but I think a lot of folks don't realize just how good Brandon was last year. Dude was literally the only player in Zion's stratosphere. There's playing well against college compe ion and then there's dominating the college game in a way we rarely see. Clarke did the latter. I can see how he'd fail, but he doesn't have to be nearly as good in the pros to be worth a top-20 pick.
    Does this guy have a jump shot? Watched a draft strengths video and most of his 36 point game vs Baylor...and I think I saw one fadeaway out of a post-up. Everything else was bully ball drives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anybody else see what I see? This guy is the one. The more I watch, the more I'm blown away. Please get him, RC.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anybody else see what I see? This guy is the one. The more I watch, the more I'm blown away. Please get him, RC.
    Giannis/Kawhi if he has the work ethic and is developed properly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dunno man.. Who's this "Uncle D" he is talking about?

(His instagram looks pretty clean and only basketball related though,so there's that at least)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him anywhere after 10 or so. I'm really hoping Clarke falls
    I don’t understand why some mocks have Clarke dropping beyond 10. Are they being lazy and just docking him for his age? Dude is a stud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t understand why some mocks have Clarke dropping beyond 10. Are they being lazy and just docking him for his age? Dude is a stud.
    Dude is a stud, but the age is a big deal. He has legit holes in his game, and he hasn't been able to fix them in five years of college ball. He's likely too small to just be a bull in a china shop against pros. He'll need to develop some range and enough perimeter skills to play the four in the modern game. He has the body to do that, but the skills are a red flag.

You almost have to draft him resigned to him not gaining any more tools and hoping he can give 50 percent of what he did in college to your team. Most teams in the top 10 can't afford that, as uber as Clarke was last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this guy have a jump shot? Watched a draft strengths video and most of his 36 point game vs Baylor...and I think I saw one fadeaway out of a post-up. Everything else was bully ball drives.
    I don't think he does. He seems somewhere between and young Blake and Capela in terms of how he gets his points. I'd take the risk at 19 easy that he can develop something to let him get enough minutes to show his other good traits (like being the best defender in the country). Not every team can do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too much of a project for the first round pick. Also a product of the NCAA hype machine (big school). Would rather an under the radar guy or high risk high reward guy than a limited hyped up project guy who at best will be a role player
    Don't think it's a hype thing. Dude was one of the best offensive players in the nation last year (talking Rui here, though Clarke was too). That plus his physical profile is enough to warrant a lottery pick. If a team thinks he can play the three in the modern game, he's a tremendous prospect. If he's a four or big only, he'll need to show better defense to make it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dunno man.. Who's this "Uncle D" he is talking about?

(His instagram looks pretty clean and only basketball related though,so there's that at least)

Don't like the words "Uncle D" coming from any prospective Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way he is not a top 8 pick, ready player with potential to improve, at least he's a Kyle Kuzma, but also has some Glenn Robinson in him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the real question is: would Pop send him to the G-League?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many draft analysts say Hachimura’s got a low basketball iq. That means 2 years in the g league if the Spurs take him. Maybe 29, not the 19. Again love to get his teammate Brandon Clarke though. Clarke is all over the place but with many having in the top 10 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks on this guy. Not falling for the hype. Hes no different than players who have fallen out of the league and didnt make it and subsequently we picked up to put on our G league team (Moore, Huestis, Blossomgame). His lack of master of any skill is concerning. Hes nowhere near Kawhis level in college. He lacks the fluidity Kawhi had. He doesnt have big hands. His ceiling is a poor mans Rudy Gay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks on this guy. Not falling for the hype. Hes no different than players who have fallen out of the league and didnt make it and subsequently we picked up to put on our G league team (Moore, Huestis, Blossomgame). His lack of master of any skill is concerning. Hes nowhere near Kawhis level in college. He lacks the fluidity Kawhi had. He doesnt have big hands. His ceiling is a poor mans Rudy Gay.
    Love it when there's been talk of two players over the last several posts and then have a post that doesn't specify who the they are talking about. Let's just apply it to both players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love it when there's been talk of two players over the last several posts and then have a post that doesn't specify who the they are talking about. Let's just apply it to both players.
    Umm talking about the guy in the subject le. Yall strayed away from the topic at hand. Brandon Clarke will have his own topic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's nowhere near Kawhis level in college. He lacks the fluidity Kawhi had.
    What are you talking about? If we're talking strictly offense, Rui looks much more polished than Nephew looked out of college (Rui came out of college a year older though tbf). Nephew was touted as an elite defender/rebounder, his offensive game was a big question mark. He's never been a fluid guy, his movements have always been kind of robotic even to this day. It's the fact that he's a physical specimen that makes him as great as he is, not his fluidity. Durbeta for example is fluid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi couldn't score like that in college. Hachimura has improved every season, he got the right work ethic and fits the Spurs character wise. He could also turn into a Kawhi/Giannis type player. Hard to make a prognosis, but I'd love to draft him. A player who played 3 years in college and was one of the top players and scorers there can definitely play in the NBA right away and doesn't have to get sent to the G-League. His defensive weaknesses can easily be turned into strengths, especially by Pop. It'll come down to him having a jump shot or not and we got Chip so I'd take my chances

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi couldn't score like that in college. Hachimura has improved every season, he got the right work ethic and fits the Spurs character wise. He could also turn into a Kawhi/Giannis type player. Hard to make a prognosis, but I'd love to draft him. A player who played 3 years in college and was one of the top players and scorers there can definitely play in the NBA right away and doesn't have to get sent to the G-League. His defensive weaknesses can easily be turned into strengths, especially by Pop. It'll come down to him having a jump shot or not and we got Chip so I'd take my chances
    Exactly. It's much easier to judge who the better college player is at the time of the draft than to see hidden potential. All the players who'd be available to the Spurs are going to have major flaws, the question is who's the player who can improve and unlock skills that he hasn't shown before. No one thought the snake would become such a good and efficient offensive player, by draft time his comparison was Gerald Wallace.

I like Rui's potential, sure he's not elite at anything and that's a problem but it's easy to see how he could become a good shooter, scorer and even decent defensively with the tools he has. Not that us fans could ever judge that, but the Spurs have shown they can, so I'd be excited with whoever they get with their picks, even players I dislike ( Cameron Johnson, Herro, Goga, Jerome, Samanic ). Just hope they don't draft and stash.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's good. I'd love to see him on the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. It's much easier to judge who the better college player is at the time of the draft than to see hidden potential. All the players who'd be available to the Spurs are going to have major flaws, the question is who's the player who can improve and unlock skills that he hasn't shown before. No one thought the snake would become such a good and efficient offensive player, by draft time his comparison was Gerald Wallace.

I like Rui's potential, sure he's not elite at anything and that's a problem but it's easy to see how he could become a good shooter, scorer and even decent defensively with the tools he has. Not that us fans could ever judge that, but the Spurs have shown they can, so I'd be excited with whoever they get with their picks, even players I dislike ( Cameron Johnson, Herro, Goga, Jerome, Samanic ). Just hope they don't draft and stash.
    Spurs need to get Rui and Goga. A White/Murray/Walker/Hachimura/Goga core is championship material

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to get Rui and Goga. A White/Murray/Walker/Hachimura/Goga core is championship material
    I don't see a top 5 NBA player in this group, so I doubt they could compete (or even a top 20 for that matter), but I'd be happy with Rui and Goga as picks. Don't like Goga because drafting him would pretty much mean they've totally given up on bringing Milutinov over but I'd be OK with him at 29 if he's there, which is unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see a top 5 NBA player in this group, so I doubt they could compete (or even a top 20 for that matter), but I'd be happy with Rui and Goga as picks. Don't like Goga because drafting him would pretty much mean they've totally given up on bringing Milutinov over but I'd be OK with him at 29 if he's there, which is unlikely.
    true but all of them could be borderline All-Stars if they develop the right way. It's basically something like Conley/Westbrook/Mitc /Giannis/Gasol

Thread Information