Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't moving Murray or White, and Detroit doesn't want Mills.
    Forbes is from Michigan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is from Michigan
    Doesn't mean Detroit wants him.

Forbes is a SG in a point guard's body. I don't think he gets you up to 15.

Not sure what Boston would want for one of there picks. From what I understand they aren't looking for additional players this year. Guess it depends on Anthony Davis scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is from Michigan
    I guess I still don't view Forbes really as a "point guard", despite him filling the role admirably this year. More of a small shooting guard.

If we could move Bryn to move up in the draft, though...I'd be all for it. Just not sure if teams are really going to bite on that.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't moving Murray or White, and Detroit doesn't want Mills.

Mostly just stirring on a slow news day. But you have to admit, people would have said there was no way Pop would move George Hill. I don't think Hachimura is another Kawhi, but if PATFO got a read one a player they really loved, I don't doubt for a minute that they would deal one of those guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't mean Detroit wants him.

Forbes is a SG in a point guard's body. I don't think he gets you up to 15.
    LOL. Chinook is yanking your chain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mostly just stirring on a slow news day. But you have to admit, people would have said there was no way Pop would move George Hill. I don't think Hachimura is another Kawhi, but if PATFO got a read one a player they really loved, I don't doubt for a minute that they would deal one of those guys.
    The question being, tho, who would want one of our young guards? And at what price?

Murray can't be traded now. The reason is simple. It is not yet a proven fact that he'll ever play again. I take it for granted that he will. I suppose we all take that for granted. But there's no proof yet. You couldn't get a bag of popcorn for him, from another team, until he shows he can still play. That won't be shown until the preseason.

White isn't tradeable yet, not as a player in his own right. At least, he isn't tradeable for anything significant. We know how valuable White was to the Spurs this season, but that doesn't mean any other team will see value in him for them. White needs a full season of consistent, or pretty consistent, performance, to become a serious part of any trade discussion.

At the time Indiana agreed to accept George Hill, he had two full seasons of good performance behind him. He had become a known quan y. It was also a time when Hill's price was about to go up substantially. His 2nd year with Indiana, they paid him $8M.

I suspect what persuaded Pop to let Hill go was not only Leonard, but also the prospect of losing Hill to free agency soon, when the Spurs couldn't pay 7 or 8 million, or maybe even more, to keep a backup pg.

The Spurs signed Cory Joseph for just over 1 million.

Mills won't be traded. The San Antonio wombat is a protected species.

Forbes can't be traded for more than he's worth to the Spurs. You won't get a 3pt gunner any cheaper, except for the rawest of rookies.

Walker should not be traded, at least until we know much more about what he can do, or not do, for the Spurs.

Beli is the known quan y, on a 6mil contract, who might be traded.

But why worry about moving up, in this particular draft? There's no consensus about any of the possibilities being a sure hit in the NBA. Even Zion has his doubters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you don't trade Murray, White or Walker for another rookie. They should look at Mills, Bertans, Forbes, Belinelli. Move one or two of those guys to move up. Packaging both picks with a rotation player would definitely be intriguing for some teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some combo of mills/Beli 19th or Beli/Bertans/19th for the 14th or 15th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray can't be traded now. The reason is simple. It is not yet a proven fact that he'll ever play again. I take it for granted that he will. I suppose we all take that for granted. But there's no proof yet. You couldn't get a bag of popcorn for him, from another team, until he shows he can still play. That won't be shown until the preseason.

White isn't tradeable yet, not as a player in his own right. At least, he isn't tradeable for anything significant. We know how valuable White was to the Spurs this season, but that doesn't mean any other team will see value in him for them.
    What do you mean by this? He tore an ACL, he didn't have a leg amputated. Pretty common injury.

I am not in favor of trading either guy, but I'm sure there would be teams willing to take a chance on both based on the flashes of potential both have shown.

I don't get why people are talking about trading young guys. It's obviously the highest paid guy with the extremely mediocre advanced stats that should go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you mean by this? ...
    Only exactly what it says. There is no hidden meaning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You obviously don't have an Instagram account.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question being, tho, who would want one of our young guards? And at what price?

White isn't tradeable yet, not as a player in his own right. At least, he isn't tradeable for anything significant. We know how valuable White was to the Spurs this season, but that doesn't mean any other team will see value in him for them. White needs a full season of consistent, or pretty consistent, performance, to become a serious part of any trade discussion.

At the time Indiana agreed to accept George Hill, he had two full seasons of good performance behind him. He had become a known quan y. It was also a time when Hill's price was about to go up substantially. His 2nd year with Indiana, they paid him $8M.

I suspect what persuaded Pop to let Hill go was not only Leonard, but also the prospect of losing Hill to free agency soon, when the Spurs couldn't pay 7 or 8 million, or maybe even more, to keep a backup pg.

The Spurs signed Cory Joseph for just over 1 million.

Mills won't be traded. The San Antonio wombat is a protected species.

Forbes can't be traded for more than he's worth to the Spurs. You won't get a 3pt gunner any cheaper, except for the rawest of rookies.

Walker should not be traded, at least until we know much more about what he can do, or not do, for the Spurs.

Beli is the known quan y, on a 6mil contract, who might be traded.

But why worry about moving up, in this particular draft? There's no consensus about any of the possibilities being a sure hit in the NBA. Even Zion has his doubters.
    Kawhi was not a sure hit in the NBA. Thats not how drafts work. No one knows (unless youre damn good like the Spurs) who will be good. Theres no consensus for that sort of thing. Players bust. Players surprise.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plenty of posters here anticipated a Hill trade because the Jefferson contract made it very hard to pay both Parker and Hill so one of them probably had to go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He tore his ACL, got surgery, and is now back working out, playing, and dunking. What would possibly lead you to believe that he would never play again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He tore his ACL, got surgery, and is now back working out, playing, and dunking. What would possibly lead you to believe that he would never play again?
    What?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some combo of mills/Beli 19th or Beli/Bertans/19th for the 14th or 15th pick.
    Who would we take back in that scenario from Boston and Detroit? For that reason it would be a no for me. Spurs would have to take back a bad or undesirable contract to move up five spots.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to move on. Rui won't be there at 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More and more Big Boards and mock drafts that I trust have Rui dropping into the 20s. Even to the mid-20s sometimes as of late.

IMO, unless you're convinced he can't play SF, he becomes difficult to pass up at around 15, 16. Then again, if you see him as an undersized big, he could drop to late 20s . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More and more Big Boards and mock drafts that I trust have Rui dropping into the 20s. Even to the mid-20s sometimes as of late.

IMO, unless you're convinced he can't play SF, he becomes difficult to pass up at around 15, 16. Then again, if you see him as an undersized big, he could drop to late 20s . . .
    Do you believe he’s got a promise from a team ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you believe he’s got a promise from a team ?
    My guess would be no. I think he'd prefer to just do one-on-one workouts. He's so raw that his handlers could be worried about him being exposed against more experienced, less hyped prospects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BIG questions on his b-ball iq and feel for the game. Not the kind of player that often pans out particularly in a Spurs system.
    Last edited by picnroll; 05-14-2019 at 11:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to be a divisive player; maybe one of the most in this draft. People talk about him like a top 5 pick, others really scoff at him even in the lottery.

He seems great on paper for 19, but I have my doubts creeping in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive been trying to tell everyone... That this guy is terrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive been trying to tell everyone... That this guy is terrible.

how so

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is he that terrible? looks good enough to take a chance at #19...

Thread Information