That’s cold, but not surprising

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    la la land

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take a swing at him. I'm sure he'll end up with his butt buddy in LA though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will the spurs show interest?
    i hope they don't. besides, he's going to want to chase a ring somewhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i hope they don't. besides, he's going to want to chase a ring somewhere else.
    Man all this talk about drafting a guard, he’s a great player to set up wemby and mentor the young spurs group.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dwight needs a playmaker in Taiwan.

Having CP0 here would ruin most of my enthusiasm for the upcoming season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. They want no part of Kyrie, not even LeBron at this point.

I don't have any sympathy for him, because he became President of the NBAPA for the specific reason of changing a rule limiting the years of contract length for older players. Used to be if you were over 33, you could only sign a 2 year contract. He signed a 5 year deal at age 36.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    id have sent a couple of seconds for him on his current contracts. would definitely want him, but i figure he's gonna go to the lakers or somethin

we can just claim him tho
    Last edited by spurraider21; 06-07-2023 at 05:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man all this talk about drafting a guard, he’s a great player to set up wemby and mentor the young spurs group.
    a younger CP3, yes but he's likely not going to want to be a part of a build, even if it's a short one. he's also very injury prone now and too ball dominant for my tastes. the KD version of the suns seemed to flow better when he was out of the lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. They want no part of Kyrie, not even LeBron at this point.

I don't have any sympathy for him, because he became President of the NBAPA for the specific reason of changing a rule limiting the years of contract length for older players. Used to be if you were over 33, you could only sign a 2 year contract. He signed a 5 year deal at age 36.
    I don't think enough people understand how Chris Paul ed most of the players in the league for his own benefit.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul is too selfish to mentor anyone. He’s not really the leader people make him out to be. He might have been a great “floor” leader years ago but that ship has sailed. He’s a locker room pain in the ass and an en led head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you imagine the Lakers with Anthony Davis and Chris Paul? Medical staffs' worst nightmare.

I actually think he would make sense on the Celtics as a bench guy, to teach Tatum and Brown how to dribble a basketball without bouncing it off their feet, tbh.
    Last edited by DAF86; 06-07-2023 at 05:09 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best part is Paul makes every team he goes to way better, gets the fanbase's hopes up, and then flames out in the playoffs. There's always the certainty of death, taxes, and CP3 getting injured in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man all these teams across the league are imploding or on the verge of imploding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    id have sent a couple of seconds for him on his current contracts. would definitely want him, but i figure he's gonna go to the lakers or somethin

we can just claim him tho
    At a two year, $61.6 million price tag? Think I'll pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume his agent has told teams not to claim him so he can sign with a team of his choosing (lakers).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't go to the Spurs. He will go to a team with the chance to win a le. I was hoping the Spurs could get him in a trade and then release him at the end of next season. I figured he would be a good veteran to play with the young Spurs team. But a las it is not meant to be. S.A. would be low on his list of teams to play on next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly Boston would be aces for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that CP3 will want to ring chase.

But those teams have to know that there is 0% chance of him being healthy for a playoff run, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly Boston would be aces for them.
    That was my first thought too. They desperately need a veteran floor general, especially come playoff time. They could even let him rest most of the season just to ensure he’s available come Playoffs lol.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is an obsessive weasel imo. Like another hated player, Derrick Fisher, it’s crazy how they worked their way up to represent the players union.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At a two year, $61.6 million price tag? Think I'll pass.
    does all of it become guaranteed if he's claimed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does all of it become guaranteed if he's claimed?
    Every penny I think. Moot point since the Spurs don't have $30.8 million of capspace to pick him up and they're the only team under the cap even a penny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every penny I think. Moot point since the Spurs don't have $30.8 million of capspace to pick him up and they're the only team under the cap even a penny.
    spurs have well over 30 mil in cap space. if you are looking at their current cap number, about 45 mil of that is in cap holds, 17 of which is romeo langford. they can easily open up enough space just by renouncing some shmucks they have no interest in bringing back anyway

the active roster number, including Zollins, is just under 80 mil. the cap hold for wemby as the #1 pick is about 12 mil, putting the number at 92, while the cap is going to be about 134.

there are some cap holds they might want to hang onto, like Tre Jones (5 mil), Mamu (2 mil), and Barlow/Champagnie combine for about 3.5. then again, if you are bringing in CP3 and already have Graham (and probably want to draft a PG anyway), probably dont want Jones back anyway

Thread Information