Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SA could flip Poeltl and or Milu for a wing then absolutely
    Why would they need to flip Poeltl for a wing? Okpala or Roby should be available at 29. Doubt Milutinov would need a good asset tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they need to flip Poeltl for a wing? Okpala or Roby should be available at 29. Doubt Milutinov would need a good asset tbh.
    Because SA needs multiple wings and there is really no need for that many Centers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not convinced that we ever see Milutinov in a spurs uniform. I think we only have Aldridge 1 or 2 years at most. I'm not sure Goga is the guy at 19 but, if he is, I don't have a problem with him.
    Don't think it's out of the range of possibility that this is LMA's final season with Spurs, whether its retirement or him trying to get back to Portland. Goga would be make sense if he's the pick, very skilled for his age.

How is he guarding the pick and roll is my biggest question/concern. I’ve read conflicting reports on his quickness and since he didn’t go to the combine it’s kind of hard to judge this. Offensively he seems to be pretty good for how young he is and he isn’t a total stick figure which is also nice.

I read he is a decent defender at the rim and has good timing when going for blocks. If he can guard the pick and roll and has decent enough agility to close out solidly on 3 point shooters he is worth the 19th pick due to his age and so far reported skill set.
    Seems like he may be fairly slow footed laterally but looks good protecting the rim. He may struggle defending away from the rim but could use his length and size to try and contain drives to the rim.

Offensively, he looks excellent as a roll man, seems like he can be good post player and has a good looking jumper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because SA needs multiple wings and there is really no need for that many Centers
    Aldridge, Poeltl and Goga would make 3 centers and LMA may not be on the team in a couple of years. Milutinov may or may not ever be a Spur. DDR is the starting 3 going forwards and will eat up a lot of minutes there. Okpala or Roby would be potential wings available but not likely to crack the rotation in their first year with such jam packed rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any big man the Spurs draft needs to be able to play power forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think it's out of the range of possibility that this is LMA's final season with Spurs, whether its retirement or him trying to get back to Portland. Goga would be make sense if he's the pick, very skilled for his age.

Seems like he may be fairly slow footed laterally but looks good protecting the rim. He may struggle defending away from the rim but could use his length and size to try and contain drives to the rim.

Offensively, he looks excellent as a roll man, seems like he can be good post player and has a good looking jumper.
    Yeah, what you posted is kind of what I’ve heard the most but then there are some reports saying he has quick feet. It was smart for him not to go to the combine. Lol.

He is going to get drafted in the teens I believe and I wouldn’t be surprised if Boston grabbed him.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2018 gasol or 2007 Gasol?
    Not even a poor man's Poeltl.

There is nobody I dislike more in the conversation, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, what you posted is kind of what I’ve heard the most but then there are some reports saying he has quick feet. It was smart for him not to go to the combine. Lol.

He is going to get drafted in the teens I believe and I wouldn’t be surprised if Boston grabbed him.
    Cd021 is right about bitadze offensively and defensively. He has quick feet and footwork but he Will be exposed laterally against pgs or sg's

What is interesting with him is that due to his progression, euro experts thinks he can be better on the perimeter with the time( tough he is not bad yet but so-so imo)

Also he has a good IQ so he does what he knows like protecting the rim...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already have Poetl, who's still young and showed tons of flashes throughout the season. This guy isn't needed.

WINGS, WINGS, WINGS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already have Poetl, who's still young and showed tons of flashes throughout the season. This guy isn't needed.

WINGS, WINGS, WINGS
    Drafting Goga doesn't stop us from drafting a wing, it's not either- or.

Keldon Johnson may be there at 19 but if Goga or PJ Washington are there then it would be a mistake not to take either- especially Washington, really like his game.

There is a decent chance that Okpala or Roby are around at 19, both are big wings that should be able to play small ball 4 down the road too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting Goga doesn't stop us from drafting a wing, it's not either- or.

Keldon Johnson may be there at 19 but if Goga or PJ Washington are there then it would be a mistake not to take either- especially Washington, really like his game.

There is a decent chance that Okpala or Roby are around at 19, both are big wings that should be able to play small ball 4 down the road too.
    Okeke, Johnson, Nwora, and King will also likey be there at 29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to talk myself into Goga being a really strong pick at 19 if he's still around. He's not the greatest of fits but he's a legit talent you can possibly build around if he reaches his peak potential. Getting a potential star at 19 who at the very least is a strong backup center is difficult value to pass up, tbh.

Young players who have done what Goga's done in Europe almost never underwhelm in the NBA...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goga at 19 and Luka at 29 tbh =

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying since January that I am su ious about Spurs picking Goga. Him and Samanic. I'm sure (at least) one of them is gonna be a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goga at 19 and Luka at 29 tbh =
    this is exactly what ty espns mock draft show had us doing last night, well they didn’t say it equaled a chip though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His biggest weakness his is lateral quickness. He is a good interior scorer, especially as a role man. Looks like a solid mid range shooter and can possibly step out and knock down 3's eventually. Wouldn't be opposed to him at 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nikola Vucevic or Enes Kanter comparison?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is exactly what ty espns mock draft show had us doing last night, well they didn’t say it equaled a chip though
    Geniuses think alike tbqh.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will be too slow for today's game. I can already see teams drawing up plays to have him on one of their guards and repeatedly getting beat to the rim while pop doesn't make any adjustments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

WINGS, WINGS, WINGS
    Best player available is who we need to draft and if it's this dude, it's this dude. He has a higher ceiling than Poetl too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they pick him then they think he's not too slow for todays league.

I would pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs working him out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nikola Vucevic or Enes Kanter comparison?

draftnet gives Goga a Nenad Krstic/Jusuf Nurkic NBA comparison.

Thread Information