My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LA's getting older, Militunov/ Poeltl can't shoot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    starting to see a lot DeMarcus Cousins in his game, definitely would be an upgrade over Jacob at the C position with more modern game... if he fall to #19 you have to draft him and immediately trade Jacob!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stick him in the corner Seems to shoot better from 3 from there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offense isn't his issue tbh, looks like he could be above average on that end. Worry about his lateral quickness in defending the p&r.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Latest ESPN mock draft has Goga to Spurs at 19. The more tape of him I watch, the more I like him. Talented and smart offensively, good timing for blocks defensively.

Perimeter quickness is the major question mark but he also seems to still have some baby fat on him so he should gain some agility as he works his way into NBA shape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Latest ESPN mock draft has Goga to Spurs at 19. The more tape of him I watch, the more I like him. Talented and smart offensively, good timing for blocks defensively.

Perimeter quickness is the major question mark but he also seems to still have some baby fat on him so he should gain some agility as he works his way into NBA shape.
    im starting to like him more and more too, if we were to grab him at 19th you think he would join the team immediately or would the spurs stash him??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’m totally with you with this one. Since January i’m On the Bitadze bandwagon. He is totally different than a year ago, in a much better shape, really good at the pick and pop, good rim protector, can shoot the 3.

Offcourse he Will not guard pg’s or sg’s, he could be slow laterally but he has some quick feets.

i hope he will be there at 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he could be a pf for us? Sounds good to me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im starting to like him more and more too, if we were to grab him at 19th you think he would join the team immediately or would the spurs stash him??
    As far as I know, he'd come over right away.

So he could be a pf for us? Sounds good to me
    He's a center only in today's NBA. Tbh, if they draft Goga, the Spurs probably don't keep Poeltl long-term unless they get a bargain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offense isn't his issue tbh, looks like he could be above average on that end. Worry about his lateral quickness in defending the p&r.
    Exactly. Even in the video posted above he looked slow. He has a nice looking shot and eventhough his quickness wasn't the greatest in the video he at least looked some what fluid and not robotic moving around

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Even in the video posted above he looked slow. He has a nice looking shot and eventhough his quickness wasn't the greatest in the video he at least looked some what fluid and not robotic moving around
    Actually he looked fine in the video; he looked like he was going at half speed, it seemed like more of an endurance test to see how well he shoots when tired, looked pretty good.

Watching the European scouting video, they had clips of his defense on the perimeter. North to south speed looks fine and he looks like a good rim protector but he is late to close out and is painfully slow moving laterally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to have good quick hands on the defensive end which could help compensate for his lack of lateral quickness when guarding perimeter players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goga being that young with such a wide skill set makes him a very interesting player. He could play right away and turn into what Vučević was last year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a center only in today's NBA. Tbh, if they draft Goga, the Spurs probably don't keep Poeltl long-term unless they get a bargain.
    I doubt it. For various reasons (they like a Poeltl type at center, there's a real chance he's the best long term piece from the infamous trade and his position is the most over saturated in the league), he's likely entrenched.

If they select Bitadze, it'll likely more so be as a long term Aldridge replacement of sorts, as he's probably gone in 1-2 years.

If they select any center in the 1st round, Milutinov should immediately be shopped. I realize his value is probably limited, but a pick in the first half of the 2nd round would probably be more valuable to them than he'd be at that point.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My gut feeling is no to Goga, but after seeing more tape, and seen that his jumper appears decent, I’ve accepted that the Spurs may likely draft him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive come around on him. Slow-footed issues aside, with 19 (if SA stays there) I just want someone I know who is really good on at least one side of the ball. He is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the reports posted, he is a good shot blocker and rim protector so at least he isn't totally bad on defense.

If we were to get him at 19, I wouldn't be too pissed. I feel their might be players with higher upside to be drafted at 19 though.

I feel he can at worst be a really solid player off the bench for teams who can provide scoring and rim protection.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick Bonnell: Goga Bitadze only worked out for 5 teams: Hornets, Spurs, Hawks, Celtics and Pistons.

Except Detroit, i can see Bitadze in other teams. Hornets at 12, Celts at 14 or 20 and Hawks with 17. Would really like to nab him at 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s my pick at 19, I’m not thinking he’ll be on the board though so I’m not keeping my hopes up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously hes skilled but he's slow and not very athletic. Just not what today's NBA is about. I wouldn't be that excited about this pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously hes skilled but he's slow and not very athletic. Just not what today's NBA is about. I wouldn't be that excited about this pick.
    Im with you on this. The Spurs need to adapt. We don't have the shooters like say the Denver Nuggets to afford to take a flier on Goga thinking he might be a Jokic clone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im with you on this. The Spurs need to adapt. We don't have the shooters like say the Denver Nuggets to afford to take a flier on Goga thinking he might be a Jokic clone.
    he'd really be more of a nurkic clone, best case scenario, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if the spurs draft this dude is he coming over right away to play asap?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if the spurs draft this dude is he coming over right away to play asap?
    Nope. 3 years away from being 2 years away.

Thread Information