Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Hoop Hype's draft aggregator, he is projected at 9th. So at ATL would be the most likely candidate with 8 and 10.
    What I'm hearing is that N.O. isn't looking to play the long rebuild game. They have the #1 pick and some nice pieces, but are looking for veteran talent. I don't think they're thinking in terms of deep playoff success, maybe just getting to the show. They might be open to #4 for Demar, who is a very good regular season player, and could push them into the post season. An alternative could be Ball to PHO, #6 to us, and Demar to N.O.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Bouna Ndiaye, Sekou's agent, can work his magic.
    This sounds like a "polite" workout to stay on the right side of the French Foreign Legion (including TP and all the rest).

First, the Spurs almost never work out someone they could actually get.

Second, SD is way out of their range (he'll likely go between 6 and 13).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, all this stuff just seems like a favor to his agent to drive his value up.

He was outside the lottery a few months ago, some good worksout + the Spurs being interested = moving into a top 10 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I'm hearing is that N.O. isn't looking to play the long rebuild game. They have the #1 pick and some nice pieces, but are looking for veteran talent. I don't think they're thinking in terms of deep playoff success, maybe just getting to the show. They might be open to #4 for Demar, who is a very good regular season player, and could push them into the post season. An alternative could be Ball to PHO, #6 to us, and Demar to N.O.
    Would jump at trading DeMar to NO but not 100% sure of the trade construction given the impending Lakers trade and DeRozan's massive deal. Lakers would have to make the pick for the Spurs though, that would be great tbh.

The PHX, NOP, Spurs deal would be better tbh, but I think there would have to be outgoing salary but the Spurs should get a decent amount of cap space out of that deal.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope I'm wrong but the idea the DeMar can bring a top 10 pick is absurd in my mind. I think he might bring a 12-15 pick as long as you sweeten it with the 19th. But I don't see any real value in a deal like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would jump at trading DeMar to NO but not 100% sure of the trade construction given the impending Lakers trade and DeRozan's massive deal. Lakers would have to make the pick for the Spurs though, that would be great tbh.

The PHX, NOP, Spurs deal would be better tbh, but I think there would have to be outgoing salary but the Spurs should get a decent amount of cap space out of that deal.
    I think that by sending out Ball, N.O. could absorb DeMar's contract outright. If PHO can absorb Ball's deal, that deal works, AND we get a huge trade exception.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope I'm wrong but the idea the DeMar can bring a top 10 pick is absurd in my mind. I think he might bring a 12-15 pick as long as you sweeten it with the 19th. But I don't see any real value in a deal like that.
    It depends on what a team's goal is. It seems like N.O. is trying to ramp up the winning and get into the playoffs. I'm not sure that anyone they pick at #4 (or #6 if they flip Ball) can help push that effort forward this year. DeMar's 21/6/6 would, though. The good thing for N.O. is they get a nice boost in wins, but they aren't locked into DD forever. The most they can get stuck with is 2 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that by sending out Ball, N.O. could absorb DeMar's contract outright. If PHO can absorb Ball's deal, that deal works, AND we get a huge trade exception.
    I don't see DDR fitting on NOLA, I think if they wanted anyone from us it would be LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a nobody like this Jeff G guy is getting wind of the Spurs possibly trading up, that basically confirms the Spurs are staying at 19
    Jeff G is actually a credible source, but I wouldn't expect you to know that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff G is actually a credible source, but I wouldn't expect you to know that.
    Why do you think he's credible? Is it because he doesn't criticize the Spurs organization at all?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean it kind of has to be a play to swap 10 for 19 with Atlanta, no? That’s Sekou’s range.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sounds like a "polite" workout to stay on the right side of the French Foreign Legion (including TP and all the rest).

First, the Spurs almost never work out someone they could actually get.

Second, SD is way out of their range (he'll likely go between 6 and 13).
    This seems right. Could also be a play to generate more buzz around him. Spurs doing the agent a solid this time as opposed to the other way around

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta will do something. No way they use all 6 draft picks. It may not be 8 or 10, but it is possible.

More to the point, ATL has three first round picks that are all higher than the Spurs' pick - 8, 10, and 17. Not only that, but they own the 35 and 41 picks, which have a good chance of landing a sleeper and/or a high-upside project. They also have a load of cap room to absorb the contracts of a couple of proven, high-profile veterans. There's absolutely no way that they're going to settle for three rookies, IMO. Get a good vet or two, and you know what your rookies have to mesh with. 8 has the most value, carries the most leverage for them in acquiring a good vet player. So unless there's somebody they just really love and don't want to risk going to Chicago (or their trade partner), I think that's the pick they'll move.

I hate to even say this out loud, but it may be one of the few places where DDR's contract is actually moveable. I know people here about him, but he's worth a lot of regular season wins, especially in the East. If the team plays a wide-open style, he's dynamic and should fill some seats. Honestly, there aren't many available players who they could count on for more.
    I hope it's not for Doumbouya. I know a lot of people are sold on him, but I don't like spending that much to trade up that far, and still having that much risk.

I'm not advocating it, or saying that it will happen. But if the Spurs are going to move up, there aren't many scenarios I see that are more likely. To be honest, I really kind of covet that 35 pick that the Hawks are holding, too. I think there will be some steals in the early second round, for the teams that can find them.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW - to be honest, I really kind of covet that 35 pick that the Hawks are holding, too. I think there will be some steals in the early second round, for the teams that can find them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More to the point, ATL has three first round picks that are all higher than the Spurs' pick - 8, 10, and 17. Not only that, but they own the 35 and 41 picks, which have a good chance of landing a sleeper and/or a high-upside project. They also have a load of cap room to absorb the contracts of a couple of proven, high-profile veterans. There's absolutely no way that they're going to settle for three rookies, IMO. Get a good vet or two, and you know what your rookies have to mesh with. 8 has the most value, carries the most leverage for them in acquiring a good vet player. So unless there's somebody they just really love and don't want to risk going to Chicago (or their trade partner), I think that's the pick they'll move.

I hate to even say this out loud, but it may be one of the few places where DDR's contract is actually moveable. I know people here about him, but he's worth a lot of regular season wins, especially in the East. If the team plays a wide-open style, he's dynamic and should fill some seats. Honestly, there aren't many available players who they could count on for more.
    I hope it's not for Doumbouya. I know a lot of people are sold on him, but I don't like spending that much to trade up that far, and still having that much risk.

I'm not advocating it, or saying that it will happen. But if the Spurs are going to move up, there aren't many scenarios I see that are more likely. To be honest, I really kind of covet that 35 pick that the Hawks are holding, too. I think there will be some steals in the early second round, for the teams that can find them.
    Pick 8th and 35th sounds about good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Did Sekou really call a foul on a foam finger at the 2:57 mark of that video?

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    So lonzo can get pick 6 and demar can't get the spurs 4? wtf
    would phoenix really do that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang I’m sold to this guy. If PATFO could pull a DDR on 8th and 35th. We’re going young and still relevant. So excited sbout the draft. Go Spurs Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude's frame is small, like his shoulders arent very wide. He also needs to hit the weight room more. His explosiveness looks impressive though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really not getting the DDR for number 8 and 35 from Atlanta, feels like I missed a tweet or something because I don't think that that makes sense for Atlanta at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really not getting the DDR for number 8 and 35 from Atlanta, feels like I missed a tweet or something because I don't think that that makes sense for Atlanta at all.
    On any possible DDR trade he has no desirability or fit with any rebuilding team or team whose window is more than two years down the road. His only potential trade possibilities are to teams who believe they are in a two year window of significant le potential. Start there, figure where his game fits need and forget the rest.

So many ridiculous trade suggestions for DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the best option to trade Demar would be the Hornets

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the best option to trade Demar would be the Hornets
    for who? They are going to be in the luxury tax, so we would have to take salary back ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for who? They are going to be in the luxury tax, so we would have to take salary back ...
    Batum and 12. Saves them a ton of money but no way do I see the Spurs being sellers unless they really really love someone at 12. That Batum contract is poison.
    Last edited by BG_Spurs_Fan; 06-20-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Thread Information