Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Spin what? Last time you semen exploded about increasing soccer scoring during the World Cup, I showed you that goals per game were around historical EPL averages. You also tried to sell the last big aggregate comeback in 2017 as "epic" and everyone just basically laughed. Oh, I see there was a 2 goal deficit comeback today. Is that what you're talking about now

But at least it was a comeback and in-game, so you have that.
    The game itself played at a high level is what is beautiful. The score merely determines the winner. And the loser can actually be the better team more often than probably any other team sport. One has to accept this. Anyone who appreciates sport has got to take a closer look at soccer and even attempt to play it. The mix of creativity and strategy is beautiful. You walk onto a field and start to play at it matters where you are and what you are doing. The things that happen off the ball are really important. Actually going to a game and watching the entire field while scanning different moments is a must.

I am a horrible player technically because I never really played and obtained foot skills but was asked to play because I can run 45 minutes and then do it again 10 minutes later (in the heat of SA). I played with people who knew what they were doing and helped me figure out how to help without getting in the way. It was a blast and I learned a of a lot. It really is a whole lot like basketball with the sense of spacing and such, just on a gigantic field. Its a fantastic game. But very, very difficult to learn to play imo unless you start with the feet at an early age. I will say I love headers. I was actually somewhat proficient at that. It was so much fun defending and attacking on corner kicks when you play with people that can actually launch the ball into spots.

I respect the Pulp so I gotta give him a shot at coming around to a great game.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    harry kane has no business starting or playing finals...fck that overrated clown is freeloader

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    The game itself played at a high level is what is beautiful. The score merely determines the winner. And the loser can actually be the better team more often than probably any other team sport. One has to accept this. Anyone who appreciates sport has got to take a closer look at soccer and even attempt to play it. The mix of creativity and strategy is beautiful. You walk onto a field and start to play at it matters where you are and what you are doing. The things that happen off the ball are really important. Actually going to a game and watching the entire field while scanning different moments is a must.

I am a horrible player technically because I never really played and obtained foot skills but was asked to play because I can run 45 minutes and then do it again 10 minutes later (in the heat of SA). I played with people who knew what they were doing and helped me figure out how to help without getting in the way. It was a blast and I learned a of a lot. It really is a whole lot like basketball with the sense of spacing and such, just on a gigantic field. Its a fantastic game. But very, very difficult to learn to play imo unless you start with the feet at an early age. I will say I love headers. I was actually somewhat proficient at that. It was so much fun defending and attacking on corner kicks when you play with people that can actually launch the ball into spots.

I respect the Pulp so I gotta give him a shot at coming around to a great game.
    I actually do appreciate all sports and think "boring" arguments to dismiss any sport are, well, arguments and demonstrate either bias or some form of attention deficit disorder. Nothing is really boring when you take time to investigate the nuances. I've followed soccer before. My reason for not following it much today is because I have other sports in front of it. I also think Ice Hockey is a better iteration of the "goal sport" design. If Gaelic Football were relevant here, I might follow that since I do think Gaelic is also a better iteration of that design. Because these sports exist do I find soccer "boring?" No, as you implied, every sport has its own nuances to be appreciated, even compared to similarly designed sports.

I usually "take the piss" out of soccer because its fans believe it to be the most perfect sport ever invented with "beauty" that other sports can't match. I simply see as another goal sport of many, with nuances no more or less interesting than other similar sports. The baseball vs. soccer comparison is also highly stupid because the sports don't resemble each other in the least. But I didn't start that re ation. The soccer crew targeted baseball in their trolling for some inexplicable reason.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    I actually do appreciate all sports and think "boring" arguments to dismiss any sport are, well, arguments and demonstrate either bias or some form of attention deficit disorder. Nothing is really boring when you take time to investigate the nuances. I've followed soccer before. My reason for not following it much today is because I have other sports in front of it. I also think Ice Hockey is a better iteration of the "goal sport" design. If Gaelic Football were relevant here, I might follow that since I do think Gaelic is also a better iteration of that design. Because these sports exist do I find soccer "boring?" No, as you implied, every sport has its own nuances to be appreciated, even compared to similarly designed sports.

I usually "take the piss" out of soccer because its fans believe it to be the most perfect sport ever invented with "beauty" that other sports can't match. I simply see as another goal sport of many, with nuances no more or less interesting than other similar sports. The baseball vs. soccer comparison is also highly stupid because the sports don't resemble each other in the least. But I didn't start that re ation. The soccer crew targeted baseball in their trolling for some inexplicable reason.
    aha

did not know this

As far as viewing on the tube the merits are you know what you are getting. 90 + a few minutes of play and then halftime 15. So for time oriented folks its nice.
    Also I cant stand commercials. Hockey... I cant follow the puck but it looks like it would be so much fun if I could only skate.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    harry kane has no business starting or playing finals...fck that overrated clown is freeloader
    He has been out a long while so fitness is an issue.
    Do you know how Tottenham barely made the knockout round in their group?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    That wasn't an in game comeback : lol. They had to combone two different games to get their "comeback" since soccer is so poorly designed
    The are you talking about? Ajax was winning this game 2-0 and the Spurs () won 3-2.

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    The are you talking about? Ajax was winning this game 2-0 and the Spurs () won 3-2.
    Try reading other replies. I wasn't familiar with the latest "epic" comeback since I don't follow this .

Spin what? Last time you semen exploded about increasing soccer scoring during the World Cup, I showed you that goals per game were around historical EPL averages. You also tried to sell the last big aggregate comeback in 2017 as "epic" and everyone just basically laughed. Oh, I see there was a 2 goal deficit comeback today. Is that what you're talking about now

But at least it was a comeback and in-game, so you have that.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Try reading other replies. I wasn't familiar with the latest "epic" comeback since I don't follow this .
    I read it afterwards son, and I wasn't going to bother deleting the post, tbh.

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    And I don't know why the soccer crew continues to @me . I just looked up all the CL games, from qualifying, to playoffs, to group, to knockout. Today's "yet another epic comeback" was only the 2nd time in the total tournament (some 200+ total matches) that a team came back to win from a 2+ goal deficit. The first between some no-names. What made discovering this info so easy is there wasn't many matches ending in 3-2 and above to click on

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    And I don't know why the soccer crew continues to @me . I just looked up all the CL games, from qualifying, to playoffs, to group, to knockout. Today's "yet another epic comeback" was only the 2nd time in the total tournament (some 200+ total matches) that a team came back to win from a 2+ goal deficit. The first between some no-names. What made discovering this info so easy is there wasn't many matches ending in 3-2 and above to click on
    2 goal deficit is the equivalent of being down 30 in the NBA or 6+ runs in MLB. Yah it doesn't happen often.

But coming back from 2 down to draw isn't rare

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    2 goal deficit is the equivalent of being down 30 in the NBA or 6+ runs in MLB. Yah it doesn't happen often.

But coming back from 2 down to draw isn't rare
    Sure. But spursistan has been trying to "prove" me wrong for like 2 years now by mentioning all these "epic" comebacks anytime they happen in a big tournament. It's just a simple fact that soccer has a comparatively low comeback and counterpunch (i.e., lead changes) factor compared to other sports. On the contrary, I think basketball is too high. No lead/deficit really means anything until the late 4th. Football and baseball are best balanced in this regard, imo. Ice Hockey at times, too.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Epic comebacks are usual since the time of the old Champions Cup. Few of them even from 4 goals difference defeats in first leg. Otherwise something like a 3:0 is considered insurmountable.

Thread Information