Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nowadays with the invention of supersonic missiles, US aircraft carriers are nothing more than floating mass coffins.

That's basically why nobody really takes us seriously anymore tbqh. We except Canadians
    You are such an idiot.
    Of course they are useful conventionally.

But in your world everything goes nuclear immediately.
    Bolton would probably love Iran to try and sink a carrier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those of you who don't remember John Bolton, he was a useful idiot neocon who assured us that Saddam had WMDs and ties to Al Queda

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have seen this Republican movie before...we know how it ends...badly.

DISTRACTION TIME!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    short history course of the murderous "Christian" American Empire obsessed with, addicted to war

Is Trump Yet Another U.S. President Provoking a War?

The United States has a long history of provoking, instigating, or launching wars based on dubious, flimsy, or manufactured threats.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/is-trump-yet-another-us-president-provoking-a-war

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spain pulls frigate from U.S. Gulf mission amid differences over Iran

Spain has withdrawn a frigate from a U.S.-led naval group in the Gulf because

it was now focusing on alleged threats from Iran

rather than an agreed objective to mark an historic seafaring anniversary

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-iran-spain/spain-pulls-frigate-from-u-s-gulf-mission-amid-differences-over-iran-idUSKCN1SK106?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_so urce=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed% 3A+reuters%2FtopNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Top+News%2 9

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would a criminal do to avoid prosecution?

start a trade war with china?
    start a war with iran?
    confuse everyone with erratic behavior?

all of the above

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and of course

PROJECT

all his criminal actions onto others...

one of his most consistent and telling behaviors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Criminal Affair: United States Imposes War on the Venezuelan People

To replace Venezuela’s government with one to its liking, the United States uses special war-making tools.

The plan is to make Venezuelans suffer enough so that, desperate, they will accept whatever government is presented.

Troops and weapons aren’t required.

That approached worked in Chile in 1973,

but so far in Cuba it hasn’t – after almost 60 years.

40,000 more Venezuelans died in 2018 than in 2017. The death rate jumped by 31 percent.

Pompeo conceded that U.S. sanctions against Venezuela “sometimes have an adverse impact on the people of Venezuela.”

he was celebrating:

The circle is tightening,

the humanitarian crisis is increasing by the hour.

I talked with our senior person on the ground there in Venezuela last night …

You can see the increasing pain and suffering that the Venezuelan people are suffering from.”

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/05/15/a-criminal-affair-united-states-imposes-war-on-the-venezuelan-people/

Pompeo is a Christian, hypocritical, hate-driven asshole like most of them

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Embarrassing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Bolton, Far Worse Than You Realize

people do not quite know who John Bolton is.

They assume – rightly – that anyone in the Trump orbit must be either a moral weakling, a crazy person or someone with one foot out the door.

All true. But John Bolton is a unique and uniquely dangerous character.

nominated Bolton to serve as UN Ambassador

couldn’t even get confirmed in a Republican Senate for the simple reason that he was just too big a warmonger to be a safe pick even for UN Ambassador.

Bolton is a caricature of a militarist and warmonger.

Bolton doesn’t come from that worldview, as limited and as disastrous as it has proven.

In really every context he is for hard US dominance, unilateralism and war as the preferred course of action.

Again, he’s really the caricature

of a militarist, the kind of one-dimensional, clownishly hawkish type who gets described in small circulation left-wing magazines but can’t possibly exist in real life,

only he does exist and his name is John Bolton.

The second point is equally important. He’s no fool. He’s a very bright guy.

And – critically important – he’s a master of bureaucratic politics.

John Bolton is not the type to make those kinds of mistakes or allow his directives to get sidelined or forgotten in the federal bureaucracy.

that is combined to the almost total power of President Trump’s National Security Advisor (uniquely empowered,

even in the context of recent presidencies)

that makes for tremendous power and in Bolton’s case tremendous power to do awful things.

there’s really no one left in the Trump national security world to say no to him or ignore intemperate orders.

But there is Bolton who is precisely the kind of person who to goad the President into issuing such orders.

It would not surprise me in the least if he is pushing Trump on the idea that

a war or limited military engagement with Iran would ensure his reelection next year.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/john-bolton-far-worse-than-you-realize?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_ campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump and Bolton: Two fat heads with itchy trigger fingers and 120,000 troops

A body of water called a “gulf” where a ship was “damaged” in an “attack,” and

nobody can verify either the attack or the damage.

A lying idiot in the White House itching to launch an attack on a regime he hates.

A lying national security adviser whispering in the ear of the lying idiot that

if we don’t “do something,”

our “resolve” will be questioned and

we will look “weak.”

Here we ing go again.

Gulf of Tonkin? Persian Gulf? The North Vietnamese? The Iranians? What is this, 1964?

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/05/tru...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The United States meant to isolate Iran. It looks increasingly isolated itself.

The Trump administration has spent years trying to convince U.S. allies that the international community needed to isolate Iran. But this week, as a series of provocations appeared to raise the possibility of conflict, it looks increasingly as if the United States itself may be increasingly isolated.

Britain, historically the United States’ closest ally, is openly balking at the prospect of a war with Iran. A British military commander undercut U.S. claims of increased activity by Tehran’s proxies Tuesday, telling reporters that there had been “no increased threat from Iranian-backed forces in Iraq or Syria.”

Meanwhile, Spain announced Tuesday that it was pulling its frigate from a U.S.-led naval group that is headed for the Persian Gulf, telling reporters that the “U.S. government has taken a decision outside of the framework of what had been agreed with the Spanish Navy,”

The European Union’s foreign policy chief, Federica Mogherini, told Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday that he should pursue a policy of “maximum restraint, avoiding any escalation on the military side,” she later told reporters.

The next day, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told the U.S. diplomat that he hopes the United States will not increase its military presence to push back on Iran, noting that “the region is overburdened with conflict as it is.”

Traditional U.S. allies such as Australia and Canada have remained quiet. Even Gulf Arab states that openly oppose Iran, such as Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, seem cautious this week. Israel’s Benjamin Netanyahu may be the only world leader who has proactively praised the Trump administration’s tough stance on Iran.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...uAX?li=BBnbcA1

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those of you who don't remember John Bolton, he was a useful idiot neocon who assured us that Saddam had WMDs and ties to Al Queda

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure his attempt at starting a war with Iran was predicted a couple of years ago. It isn't a big shock it is starting during the time where he is fighting the House and less than two years before the election.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the failing terrorist Repugs ed up the Middle East by invading Iraq for BigOil, the neocon Macho Man bull was:

“Anyone can go to Baghdad. Real men go to Tehran
    .”

... trying to paint, inimidate dubya as a wimp like his wimp Pappy who invaded Koweit but wimped out not going to Baghdad.

Bombing Iran, for oil, has been on the neocon agenda for decades

neocon war-monger McCain doing the Beach Boys: "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRonG87eKw

Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-16-2019 at 05:41 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're just now getting there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure his attempt at starting a war with Iran was predicted a couple of years ago. It isn't a big shock it is starting during the time where he is fighting the House and less than two years before the election.

Of course there is a tweet. There is always a tweet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump, frustrated by advisers, is not convinced the time is right to attack Iran

Trump prefers a diplomatic approach to resolving tensions like the Iran Nuclear dear?

and wants to speak directly with Iran’s leaders.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-frustrated-by-advisers-is-not-convinced-the-time-is-right-to-attack-iran/2019/05/15/bbf5835e-1fbf-4035-a744-12799213e824_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7d 5b28f76e88&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Trash diplomacy, talking, deal making has worked beautifully with NK and China

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You're just now getting there?

I've always questioned Americas relationship with those 2 s my nations. I'm team Iran anyway

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Republicans are lining up to spread the message that

war with Iran would be easy, and that

it’s time for
    everyone to get behind Donald Trump.

On Tuesday, Republican Sen. Tom Cotton declared that the United States could win a war in Iran with just

Two strikes: the first strike and a last strike.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/5/15/1857784/-Drumbeat-for-conflict-with-Iran-sounds-louder-as-Republicans-call-for-unity-in-an-easy-war?detail=emaildkre

Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-16-2019 at 01:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully clearer heads prevail. There is no doubt we could eventually up their infrastructure, but at what cost? It definitely wouldn't be Baghdad II. And what would it really accomplish except make the average citizens pissed off?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Hopefully clearer heads prevail. There is no doubt we could eventually up their infrastructure, but at what cost? It definitely wouldn't be Baghdad II. And what would it really accomplish except make the average citizens pissed off?
    It would still require significant drumming up. Illustrate to the public that Iranian leadership significantly mistreat its own people and you need a central villain figure. Even then WMD type of weaponry. Iran would likely also need to escalate but maybe they feel backed into a corner by US/Saudi.

But because of the massive failure of Iraq II, alot of Americans will require proof of how Iran directly threatens their well being in North America

We have a looong way to go and very unlikely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Bolton strikes me as the type of lunatic that would purposefully allow Iran to sink a coue of our ships in the Persian Gulf resulting in hundreds of American sailor lives in order to be able to use nukes to beat Iran. He probably truly believes once US successfully uses a tactical nuke nobody in the world would dare not do US bidding

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Bolton strikes me as the type of lunatic that would purposefully allow Iran to sink a coue of our ships in the Persian Gulf resulting in hundreds of American sailor lives in order to be able to use nukes to beat Iran. He probably truly believes once US successfully uses a tactical nuke nobody in the world would dare not do US bidding
    and he is National Security Advisor

Thread Information