Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully clearer heads prevail. There is no doubt we could eventually up their infrastructure, but at what cost? It definitely wouldn't be Baghdad II. And what would it really accomplish except make the average citizens pissed off?
    It's already weakening Rouhani and strengthening hardliners inside Iran. Expect that trend to continue.

There are a number of reasons going to war with Iran is a bad idea. Two of them are geography and population, two others are Iran's military strength and the low chance of the USA achieving its political objectives.

A hot war could diminish US influence even more in the region and would likely benefit Russia and China, much like the Iraq invasion did.

The cost in US blood and treasure would be immense, the blowback would last generations -- and for what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully clearer heads prevail. There is no doubt we could eventually up their infrastructure, but at what cost? It definitely wouldn't be Baghdad II. And what would it really accomplish except make the average citizens pissed off?
    Iran's military is about four times larger than Iraqs was, with an intact unified military that has been geared towards the US for decades. We would still squash them like bugs, but it would be very costly in many ways.

The conflicts of interest your dumb ass has been pretending aren't important because it's Republicans doing it are partially driving this, because we have sold our foreign policy part and parcel to Saudi Arabia through Kushner, with Bolton pushing the war angle like he has for decades.

Meanwhile you have a servile bunch of chicken Republicans in Congress that offer a steady "Iran Bad" stream of "disastrous Obama deal" propaganda, without any proposed deal that might be better.

ALSO:
    "drone attacks" that someone sure seems to want to attribute to the Iranian proxies in Yemen, for some reason
    British generals publicly stating "Iran isn't doing anything different or provocative that we have seen"

At this point, what does it say when the Iranian diplomats saying "we have not ramped up anything" is more credible that anything coming out of this administration?

If we go to war against Iran, we have so pissed off our traditional allies, that we will be pretty much going it alone. Strike that...we will have Saudis on our side, a PR nightmare after Kashoggi's dismemberment.

This whole thing is a shambling -show. I have zero confidence that Bolton/Kushner won't succeed in starting this because Trump is just too lazy to give a .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash tells staff he doesn't want a war with Iran.

So it's on Bolton/Kushner to provoke one that Trash can't refuse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's already weakening Rouhani and strengthening hardliners inside Iran. Expect that trend to continue.

There are a number of reasons going to war with Iran is a bad idea. Two of them are geography and population, two others are Iran's military strength and the low chance of the USA achieving its political objectives.

A hot war could diminish US influence even more in the region and would likely benefit Russia and China, much like the Iraq invasion did.

The cost in US blood and treasure would be immense, the blowback would last generations -- and for what?
    But hey man... at least Hillary isn't president. We have that, amirite CC?

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally wipe out the entire Middle East and take the gas and all we need.

Tired of Islam, terrorists groups, all that stupid violence we see coming from those idiots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally wipe out the entire Middle East and take the gas and all we need.

Tired of Islam, terrorists groups, all that stupid violence we see coming from those idiots.
    Terrorist Repugs have committed much more stupid violence in the Middle East and Afghanistan. US is murdering Muslims everywhere, you happy?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump wants to avoid war with Iran. Clearly what we need is some kind of discussion and agreement with Iran that will halt their development of nuclear weapons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrorist Repugs have committed much more stupid violence in the Middle East and Afghanistan. US is murdering Muslims everywhere, you happy?
    He doesnt realize the US is the terrorist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump wants to avoid war with Iran. Clearly what we need is some kind of discussion and agreement with Iran that will halt their development of nuclear weapons.
    the US reneged, but Iran is still in compliance with the JPCOA

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah.

Sure that’s a solid statement like all the rest.
    He does not know wtf he wants.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    The world would be far better off without the bull in the Middle East, all they ever do is fight and cause trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The world would be far better off without the bull in the Middle East, all they ever do is fight and cause trouble.
    What trouble did Iran start with the USA?.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    peeps ing about warmonger Shillary, then you get John Bolton... such naivete...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    peeps thinking we actually were close to war with Iran. It's aBS distraction move to fool the masses. No US soldier is gonna do anything John Bolton says

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not nearly as much as America

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iran dismisses possibility of conflict, says does not want war

Iran's top diplomat on Saturday dismissed the possibility of war erupting in the region, saying Tehran did not want a conflict and that no country had the "illusion it can confront Iran," the state news agency IRNA reported. Tensions between Washington and Tehran have increased in recent days, raising concerns about a potential U.S.-Iran conflict. Earlier this week the United States pulled some diplomatic staff from its Baghdad embassy following attacks on oil tankers in the Gulf.

"There will be no war because neither do we want a war, nor has anyone the idea or illusion it can confront Iran in the region," Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif told IRNA before ending a visit to Beijing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartanntp

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amid Murky Intel, Experts Say Time to Be Clear:

Threat of War With Iran "Solely and Unequivocally" Trump's Fault

"Trump action provokes Iran reaction provokes U.S. reaction and suddenly march to another quagmire catastrophic war."

foreign policy experts and analysts are attempting to set the record straight by establishing

precisely who is responsible for the dangerously high tensions in the Middle East that could spark a catastrophic war.

The unequivocal answer, according to former CIA Middle East analyst Paul Pillar, is the Trump administration.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...-unequivocally

Trash's war-mongering is stupid if he doesn't bomb Iran.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FAKE tuff guy

Donald J. Trump
    ✔@realDonaldTrump

If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran.

Never threaten the United States again!

3:25 PM - May 19, 2019

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah.

Sure that’s a solid statement like all the rest.
    He does not know wtf he wants.
    FAKE tuff guy

Donald J. Trump
    ✔@realDonaldTrump

If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran.

Never threaten the United States again!

3:25 PM - May 19, 2019

So again we stand in the middle of nowhere with a president who has followers who still think he plays chess...

fckn idiot...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are assuming Executive Time Golfy McCheezeberder isn't too lazy to stop it.

All it takes is just the wrong things in the wrong places just long enough for Bad Things to happen. Trump's ignorance of the details, means the people pushing can do things he doesn't know about, nor know enough to change even if it is done right in front of him.

Trump has proven easily manipulated by close advisors.

He might not want to, but that means far less than it should.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And we know when Bolton, etc get their Tonkin Gulf event, Trash will LIE about it beyond all evidence to justify attacking Iran.

eg, any details around about the 3 tankers that were "attacked" ? I haven't seen any

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So again we stand in the middle of nowhere with a president who has followers who still think he plays chess...

fckn idiot...
    In their defense, I suspect the amount of Trump followers that understand Chess is pretty low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In their defense, I suspect the amount of Trump followers that understand Chess is pretty low.
    en passant FTW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about you guys, but I cant think of a single thing that Iran has done to effect my life. I sure as cant think of a reason to go to war with them.

Thread Information