Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/militar...itary-n1003421

WASHINGTON — The U.S. decision to surge additional military forces into the Middle East was based in part on intelligence that the Iranian regime has told some of its proxy forces and surrogates that they can now go after American military personnel and assets in the region, according to three U.S. officials familiar with the intelligence.

The intelligence shows that an Iranian official discussed activating Iranian-backed groups to target Americans, but did not mention targeting the militaries of other nations, the officials said.

Among the specific threats the U.S. military is now tracking, officials say, are possible missile attacks by Iranian dhows, or small ships, in the Persian Gulf; attacks in Iraq by Iranian-trained Shiite militia groups; and attacks against U.S. ships by the Houthi rebels in Yemen.

The U.S. has accused Iran of moving missiles and missile components through the region's waterways for years, shipping missiles to the Houthis in Yemen and others. And Shiite militia groups like Baghdad Katib Hezbollah (BKH) have been in Iraq for years, acting essentially as sleeper cells. What is new and what has alarmed U.S. military officials, sources say, is the call to awaken and activate these existing threats.

One U.S. official said Iran usually conceals the missiles and components when delivering them to the Houthis. These missiles are visible to overhead surveillance, leading to concerns Iran could attempt to launch missiles from the dhows. There are some indications they have mobile launchers on board, as well, one of the officials said.
    Bolton has been pushing for this for years. Given the overall incompetence and laziness of Trump, I would say Bolton has a chance of getting it, right under Trump's nose.

Did I mention we have no Secretary of Defense?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if Repugs hadn't already ed up the Middle East for BigOil

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christ, they’re doing a play off the weapons of mass destruction lie they told in 2001.

Seriously, what kind of a piece of does one truly have to be to support this? T
    the POSs who don't risk anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christ, they’re doing a play off the weapons of mass destruction lie they told in 2001.

Seriously, what kind of a piece of does one truly have to be to support this? T
    If it does go to a war it will be pretty nasty. I don't think most appreciate how bad it will get.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it does go to a war it will be pretty nasty. I don't think most appreciate how bad it will get.
    BigOil will pocket $10Bs in profits while our gasoline prices skyrocket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BigOil will pocket $10Bs in profits while our gasoline prices skyrocket.
    well on a positive note, Trump pushing oil to $100/bbl would probably kill his chances at reelection.
    Unless maybe he's just looking for a reason to open up the strategic reserve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post-republic France and post-republic USA have at least one thing in common: the proliferation of ugly busts of the great man.

In BIZARRO VSA, Donald Trump is Napoleon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well on a positive note, Trump pushing oil to $100/bbl would probably kill his chances at reelection.
    Unless maybe he's just looking for a reason to open up the strategic reserve.
    The strategic reserve is pretty irrelevant volume wise. The problem with Iran is that their at ude may be "if we cant sell our oil, then nobody over here is going to sell oil". It would be simple for them to shut down the strait of Hormuz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20% of the world's oil production goes through there.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iran bad now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What do you mean by this, derp?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One noor missile on an incoming (somewhat empty) supertanker and they could shut the strait till the rest of the world yelled uncle. No insurance company in the world would insure a tanker trying to run through there until it was resolved.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually our Secretary of Defense is defaulted to Bolton.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash to nominate Shanahan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually our Secretary of Defense is defaulted to Bolton.
    Wha? Is that normal?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so better to "resolve" the problem before it exists, right? its just a matter of efficiency after all.

i dont believe their supposed "intelligence" for a second. this is going to be even worse than when clinton bombed the sudanese medicine factory, worse than when bush invaded iraq for the MIC, and its going to happen before 2020, but hey the price of oil is safe and its not like iranians ever mattered before anyways, and the stock market is gonna boom with 20 years of govt contracts for "operation freedom 2- ruin other countries repeatedly," coming to a cable news channel near you!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The strategic reserve is pretty irrelevant volume wise. The problem with Iran is that their at ude may be "if we cant sell our oil, then nobody over here is going to sell oil". It would be simple for them to shut down the strait of Hormuz.
    Exactly. Iran's bigger threat has been the shipkiller missles they have been working on, as well as the light attack craft, and mines.

They can shut it down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash to nominate Shanahan
    Saw that.

Now they just need to pick someone for all the other vacancies....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nowadays with the invention of supersonic missiles, US aircraft carriers are nothing more than floating mass coffins.

That's basically why nobody really takes us seriously anymore tbqh. We except Canadians

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bolton Is Spinning Israeli ‘Intelligence’ to Push for War Against Iran

John Bolton has gotten away with a dangerous deception.

to prepare the ground for an incident that could justify a retaliatory attack against Iran.

Bolton presented his threat and the deployments as a response to alleged intelligence about a possible Iranian attack on U.S. targets in the Middle East.

But what has emerged indicates that

the alleged intelligence does not actually reflect any dramatic new information or analysis from the U.S. intelligence community.

Instead, it has all the hallmarks of a highly political case concocted by Bolton.

senior Israeli national security officials played a key role in creating the alleged intelligence rationale for the case.

The new initiative follows an audacious ruse carried out last fall by Bolton and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo,

Bolton exploited that opportunity to press Pentagon officials to provide retaliatory military options, which they did, reluctantly.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/bo...-against-iran/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Four B-52's?

WTF?

I'm sure Iran is crapping their pants on that one. , they were shooting those big pigs down in Vietnam with 1960s era hardware.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like gas jumped another ten cents today after those Saudi supertankers were ed up by the Iranians.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wha? Is that normal?
    No

But essentially he has taken over foreign affairs.

Thread Information