Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta see if he is more athletic and has a bigger wingspan than reported when he attends the combine. If so and he works on his jumper and slims down a little he might can play the 3.

Most likely everything that's reported about his lack of athleticism and wingspan is true which makes me think he is a no go for a 1st round pick from our squad.

He was a good NCAA player and seemed smart on the court so he might find his niche in the NBA but I think he is most likely Europe bound for a long and productive career there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grant’s game got summed up really well in the first post. He’s terrific on the block backing people down in college but his height will prevent that from being a strong point of his game as a 4 in the NBA. He does have a knack for squaring his shoulders up for a good look out of odd angles, if that makes sense. His outside shot and ball handling have improved every season while at Tennessee, which makes me think he might be able to play some SF. If he gets a 2nd round grade there’s a decent chance he returns to school.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh I still go with what i said that not many people thought White was a damn good athlete. Sure, probably not seeing those numbers. But I regress, lets wait until the combine results for players...
    There were numbers showing his athleticism in the draft night thread. Perhaps not before we drafted him but they were posted quickly afterwards.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick had an average wingspan. It was only 6'7". Tony Parker had 7'1"
    Parker's wingspan is nowhere near 7'1''. Use your eyes instead of believing the inaccurate on google.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker's wingspan is nowhere near 7'1''. Use your eyes instead of believing the inaccurate on google.
    Lmao my bad. 6'7" is still not spectacular for a modern PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 29 yes please!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carl Landry type. I would pass. Much rather Okeke in this range.
    Carl Landry was a black hole as you can find, never pass in his life, this guy is an unselfish and has playmaking skills...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta see if he is more athletic and has a bigger wingspan than reported when he attends the combine. If so and he works on his jumper and slims down a little he might can play the 3.

Most likely everything that's reported about his lack of athleticism and wingspan is true which makes me think he is a no go for a 1st round pick from our squad.

He was a good NCAA player and seemed smart on the court so he might find his niche in the NBA but I think he is most likely Europe bound for a long and productive career there.
    Slimming down may make him faster but that doesn't mean he can be a NBA 3, especially if he can't shoot from 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slimming down may make him faster but that doesn't mean he can be a NBA 3, especially if he can't shoot from 3.
    I also stated working on his jumper aka his jump shot, which also means his 3 point shot.

I honestly don't think he will last in the NBA outside of some serious work on his game so I hope the Spurs don't draft the young man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also stated working on his jumper aka his jump shot, which also means his 3 point shot.

I honestly don't think he will last in the NBA outside of some serious work on his game so I hope the Spurs don't draft the young man
    He seems to be a tweener in the old definition of the word. Probably too small to be a 4 full time and to slow of foot/ mediocre athletically to play the 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this unathletic mother er...which means we'll get him, smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely wouldn’t mind this guy with the 29th pick. There’s no way he can play SF, I have no idea why people are thinking that. He’d clearly be a modern day PF. Obviously he’s going to have to develop his shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely wouldn’t mind this guy with the 29th pick. There’s no way he can play SF, I have no idea why people are thinking that. He’d clearly be a modern day PF. Obviously he’s going to have to develop his shot.
    He has a shot. His free throw percentages are elite which shows he can extend his range. In fact, hes been working on 3s all summer. Not sure why people cant see why he will be a SF. He has the same measurables as Zion, its not like he is short and has a short wingspan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/Vol_Sports/statu...670331393?s=19

A player who can do all this is destined to be a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has a shot. His free throw percentages are elite which shows he can extend his range. In fact, hes been working on 3s all summer. Not sure why people cant see why he will be a SF. He has the same measurables as Zion, its not like he is short and has a short wingspan.
    He is way too slow to be a SF. He also has no where near the athleticism of Zion. I like the guy and that shot you are talking about but at PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The secret to Diaw was he was quietly really athletic (until about '14, that is). When he needed to, he could casually get up to about the top of the square and he was quick enough to keep the majority of guards in front of him. Late stage Horry was similar.
    Yeah, Bobo was actually an excellent athlete until the end. Anyone even remember him guarding LeBron for stints in '13? Read an article on how Boris had the highest vertical on those old Suns teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is way too slow to be a SF. He also has no where near the athleticism of Zion. I like the guy and that shot you are talking about but at PF.
    He definitely isn't an NBA 3 and his FT% isn't "elite" he's a 76% FT shooter during his career. Being a good FT shooter doesn't imply he will develop and NBA 3 ball. There have been PFs that have been good at the line and not developed a 3pt shot *coughs* Aldridge.

Zion is a freak athlete (40 inch max), Grant certainly isn't that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Bobo was actually an excellent athlete until the end. Anyone even remember him guarding LeBron for stints in '13? Read an article on how Boris had the highest vertical on those old Suns teams.
    Diaw had incredible coordination and elite hops. I think he was agile "for his size", but his size was substantial, and it totally affected his mobility. James absolutely wrecked Diaw in 2013. The only times it ever worked is when James decided to just post up anyway. To compare, Cunningham did a way better job on James this past season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he can be molded into a draymond green type of player.

Three And Counting ...
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t like him. Give me Brandon Clarke or Cam Johnson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude will surprise a lot of people with how well he can shoot. Like I said,his free throw percentage is elite.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draftexpress comeback already.

Thread Information