My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess who his favorite player is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/Sr6Midr2JUU

Grant wants to model his game after Kawhi. We have to get this dude.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he can be molded into a draymond green type of player.
    He doesn't have the wingspan and his athleticism is currently suspect. The biggest concern for him is draymond's greatest strength. They are both undersized bigs and they are both strong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see him being someone SA likes a lot. Besides shooting, which seems like he should be good, the question is really how many positions can he actually defend. If he can be like a Draymond type (but a better shooter) then that is massive team need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was not some athletic freak coming out of college, was he?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great interview. I've already watched an interview of him and he's very aware/intelligent and very likable. The 3 players he's focusing on are spot on for him. Hopefully he proves himself athletically at the combine. If he does and improves his draft position I'd be happy with taking him 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great interview. I've already watched an interview of him and he's very aware/intelligent and very likable. The 3 players he's focusing on are spot on for him. Hopefully he proves himself athletically at the combine. If he does and improves his draft position I'd be happy with taking him 19.
    He might not even be there at this rate. Dude's stock is gonna skyrocket. Pacers might want him. Hopefully Spurs are willing to trade up for this guy.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on his combine stats, no.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't have the wingspan and his athleticism is currently suspect. The biggest concern for him is draymond's greatest strength. They are both undersized bigs and they are both strong.
    His wingspan is still much bigger than height and only two inches shorter than Green (6'11 VS 7'1). However Draymond was able to make pretty big leap athletically just by taking diet/conditioning seriously - something he didn't do in college. From what I have seen of Williams, he is thick but it's muscle; not the Pillsbury doughboy look Green had at State. I really like him as a player and fits Spurs mentality, but I agree that on the defensive end he is unlikely to match Green's impact. He is however a much better and complete offensive player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a Tennessee fan as well as a Spurs fan, I would be beyond happy to get him at 29. Unfortunately I don’t think he’ll be there. Grant is just a winner and works his ass off. He’s a really smart guy on and off the floor and would be a fan favorite in no time. The comments about his athleticism being underrated are accurate. He’s a very good shot blocker that couldn’t aggressively do so because he couldn’t risk getting in foul trouble. Get him with Chip for a few months and he’d be a very valuable rotation guy that could turn into more than that. He’d be an outstanding get at 29 and I’d be ok with taking him at 19 really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a Tennessee fan as well as a Spurs fan, I would be beyond happy to get him at 29. Unfortunately I don’t think he’ll be there. Grant is just a winner and works his ass off. He’s a really smart guy on and off the floor and would be a fan favorite in no time. The comments about his athleticism being underrated are accurate. He’s a very good shot blocker that couldn’t aggressively do so because he couldn’t risk getting in foul trouble. Get him with Chip for a few months and he’d be a very valuable rotation guy that could turn into more than that. He’d be an outstanding get at 29 and I’d be ok with taking him at 19 really.
    We have to get him with the 19. Package Bertans with the 29 to tget even higher to get him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have to get him with the 19. Package Bertans with the 29 to tget even higher to get him.
    I don’t see them moving up for him unfortunately. There’s a good shot he’s there at 19 though, I think.
    Last edited by GBO542; 05-14-2019 at 02:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't mind if we drafted him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they don't package and move up and there's no one they're interested in that unexpectedly falls, I could see him being the guy at 19.

Checks a lot of the boxes we know they prioritize. Somewhat fills a positional need (so long as he becomes a credible 3-point threat, which seems a better chance of happening than someone like Clarke).

Reminds me some of Millsap, though he lacks the athleticism/length.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's body type is freakish. He has those huge hands and a 7'4" wingspan which helps him overcome his solid but not great athleticism. Not to mention Kawhi was strong and always played a more power game coming out of San Diego State. He was given great instructions on what he had to do to become a wing player in the NBA before the draft and he took it and ran with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they don't package and move up and there's no one they're interested in that unexpectedly falls, I could see him being the guy at 19.

Checks a lot of the boxes we know they prioritize. Somewhat fills a positional need (so long as he becomes a credible 3-point threat, which seems a better chance of happening than someone like Clarke).

Reminds me some of Millsap, though he lacks the athleticism/length.
    I dont get the Millsap comparison. Millsap bullies his way into the paint to score and takes face up shots to score. Grant scores by fade aways and crafty moves to lay it up. Rui is the best comparison to Millsap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's body type is freakish. He has those huge hands and a 7'4" wingspan which helps him overcome his solid but not great athleticism. Not to mention Kawhi was strong and always played a more power game coming out of San Diego State. He was given great instructions on what he had to do to become a wing player in the NBA before the draft and he took it and ran with it.
    7'3" is his wingspan. But yeah, he had great measurables. Same case can be made for Grant though. Grant has a power game and is taking notes from Kawhi on how to become a wing player. He mentions in the video that hes working on lateral quickness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7'3" is his wingspan. But yeah, he had great measurables. Same case can be made for Grant though. Grant has a power game and is taking notes from Kawhi on how to become a wing player. He mentions in the video that hes working on lateral quickness
    Grant's wingspan and hand size isn't as big. If Grant ends up having a +7' ( or close) wingspan and a crazy standing reach then he might turn out to be a solid NBA player. I can't wait to see his combine numbers.

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders and already has a man's body which is a plus. I just don't know if he can play the 3 in the NBA but we will see.

Draftexpress dudes seem to like him

https://youtu.be/hKIZDhh6m4E

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grant's wingspan and hand size isn't as big. If Grant ends up having a +7' ( or close) wingspan and a crazy standing reach then he might turn out to be a solid NBA player. I can't wait to see his combine numbers.

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders and already has a man's body which is a plus. I just don't know if he can play the 3 in the NBA but we will see.

Tankathon lists his wingspan as 6'11".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tankathon's advanced stats jump off the page. The color code, with emphatic red being awful, red being bad, black being neutral, green being good, and emphatic green being outstanding.

.646 TS% green
    26.5 USG green
    8.4 OBPM emphatic green
    5.2 DBPM green
    13.6 BPM green

Know who the only other player who is green across the board for advanced stats is? Zion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon's advanced stats jump off the page. The color code, with emphatic red being awful, red being bad, black being neutral, green being good, and emphatic green being outstanding.

.646 TS% green
    26.5 USG green
    8.4 OBPM emphatic green
    5.2 DBPM green
    13.6 BPM green

Know who the only other player who is green across the board for advanced stats is? Zion.
    I start to like this guy but for the 29 th pick. I doubt i will be there if he plays well at the combine but he looks interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I start to like this guy but for the 29 th pick. I doubt i will be there if he plays well at the combine but he looks interesting.
    Tankathon has him going #21 to OKC, but rate him #17 on the big board, which is 'needs/team' neutral.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon has him going #21 to OKC, but rate him #17 on the big board, which is 'needs/team' neutral.
    yes i could see him in the 15-25 range maybe more 20-25.

Thread Information